Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Maybe I'll visit one day. Never been to Mumbai actually.
Ya'll Nibbiars it's chandigarh with Skyscraper, greener, Bigger in size and fourth largest IT Hub.

And unlike chandigarh and New Town designed by a Indian Architect Charles Corella fully by an Indian, in India and for India.

Mangal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars try Navi Mumbai.
By Navi Mumbai you mean Vashi which is not that big. Areas like Kamothe, Ghansoli and Ulwe are more like small towns with high rise residential building. The interior roads not highway are no more than 30 ft wide. Metro still doesn't exists. Airport still doesn't exists. Total 3-4 malls at max in Navi Mumbai. One has to travel several kms to go to these malls.

Haldilal

Country flag
By Navi Mumbai you mean Vashi which is not that big. Areas like Kamothe, Ghansoli and Ulwe are more like small towns with high rise residential building. The interior roads not highway are no more than 30 ft wide. Metro still doesn't exists. Airport still doesn't exists. Total 3-4 malls at max in Navi Mumbai. One has to travel several kms to go to these malls.
Ya'll Nibbiars meant by Navi Mumbai not Panvel the areas you metioned comes mostly in Panvel. I meant by Vashi, Nerul, Juinagar, Sanpada, Seawoods, Palm beach, Belapur, New Ghansoli, Airoli, and even Kharghar in panvel. And mall is not every things there are now bustling markets in this areas.

And now even Rabale has seen developments new IT Parks and Data centres have come and is the fastest growing in India in the respective sectors metioned above.

And Navi Mumbai Airport wotl has now gathered paces.

Last edited:

Mangal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars meant by Navi Mumbai not Panvel the areas you metioned comes in Panvel.
I meant by Vashi, Nerul, Juinagar, Sanpada, Seawoods, Ghansoli, Airoli, Ulwe, Kharghar. And mall is not every tings there are now bustling markets in this areas.
I did mention Ghansoli and Ulwe. Kamothe comes under Navi mumbai. Ghansoli, airoli, Ulwe, kamothe are not modern planned areas by any standards. Kharghar too is in development stage. Not well connected. The markets of these areas resembles small town markets. And beyond that, the metro project is still going on since last 10 years, may be more. Airport is nowhere to be seen and will take few more years to be completed.

Haldilal

Country flag
I did mention Ghansoli and Ulwe. Kamothe comes under Navi mumbai. Ghansoli, airoli, Ulwe, kamothe are not modern planned areas by any standards. Kharghar too is in development stage. Not well connected. The markets of these areas resembles small town markets. And beyond that, the metro project is still going on since last 10 years, may be more. Airport is nowhere to be seen and will take few more years to be completed.
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . Kharghar, Road Pali, Kamothe, Ulwe, Kalombli, Taloja comes under Panvel Muncipial Corporation. They come in Raigad District not Thane District.

2 . And Airoli, Gansoli is well planned I passed there Inside atleast once a week I knew almost every road in this areas that why I can say they are well planned.

3 . I already given the updates on the Airport will give next when it comes.

4 . Seen test run of metro hope it happen after 8 years of work. The PPP was truly a mess.

5 . Markets I don't knew which you visited. But the markest I have seen in Vashi, Airoli, Gansoli, Nerul were pretty good.

6 . Kharher is not well connected?.

Last edited:

Mangal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

1 . Kharghar, Road Pali, Kamothe, Ulwe, Kalombli, Taloja comes under Panvel Muncipial Corporation.

2 . And Airoli, Gansoli is well planned I passed there Inside atleast once a week I knew almost every road in this areas that why I can say they are well planned.

3 . I already given the updates on the Airport will give next when it comes.

4 . Seen test run of metro hope it happen after 8 years of work. The PPP was truly a mess.

5 . Markets I don't knew which you visited. But the markest I have seen in Vashi, Airoli, Gansoli, Nerul were pretty good.

6 . Kharher is not well connected?.
Bro, it's turning into your word vs my word so I don't think there is any point arguing.
I will wait for updates on metro and airport. But my "linient" estimate is that both will take at least 2-3 years more if politics permits for them to be functional.
Here is something that might intrest you about Kamothe.
IMG_20211108_003200.jpg

Haldilal

Country flag
Bro, it's turning into your word vs my word so I don't think there is any point arguing.
I will wait for updates on metro and airport. But my "linient" estimate is that both will take at least 2-3 years more if politics permits for them to be functional.
Here is something that might intrest you about Kamothe.
View attachment 118088
Ya'll Nibbiars it comes under Raigad District and not Thane District like Navi Mumbai and is under the Judiciations of the Panvel Muncipial Corporation.

Ever heard of Pan District City in India?.

And was designed for blue collars employees with low rises initially now it's become a mix.

Search the address on any search engine and you will get it.

Kamothe Panvel.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars PM Modi to lay foundation stone for much awaited Sant Dynaneshwar Maharaj Palkhi Marg and Sant Tukaram Maharaj Palkhi Marg in state of Maharashtra. This is not just a mere road, this road is an emotion for every Indian and not just Maharashtrian. Infra + Dharma = Shrestha Bharat.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Oh wow!!! from ~85 gw peak deficit to 4.8 gw deficit.. that's quite an achievement.
================
India had a massive power deficit of -16.6% in 2007-08. Even in 2011-12, it was -10.6 %. Through the multi pronged, comprehensive and aggressive interventions of the government, this deficit is near about wiped out, consistently over the last 3 years: -.4% In 2020-21, -.7% in 2019-20 and -.8% in 2018-19. The current year, up till October, it has been -1.2%; the marginal spike being attributable to the annual post monsoon pressure on power output. This is also likely to normalize by the end of the year.

This transformation from an acutely power deficit country, to a situation of demand being met, except for an extremely marginal shortfall of less than 1%, has been made possible by the following schemes brought in by the current Government to address the unhappy situation.

The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY), was brought in on 25th July, 2015 for infrastructure push in the rural sector – setting up of transmission and sub transmission systems. The Integrated Power Development Scheme ( IPDS ),was brought in on 20th November, 2014 for to fill in power infrastructure gaps in urban areas. The Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana (Saubhagya) scheme launched on 25th September, 2017, had the vision to take electricity to every household (willing), and has been able to supply electricity connections to 2.8 to crore households which were hither to in darkness.

The augmentation to the installed power capacity in the country, consequent to these efforts, has been 155377 MEGAWATT in last approximately 7 years.

Placed below, for reference, is the power supply position of the country since 2007-08.

1636367365559.png

Covfefe

Country flag

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Hate to be a spoiler but the capacity to generation ratio in the case of renewables(solar and wind) is relatively poor(due to a multitude of factors- sunlight availability, wind speed etc).
true but even so, since feedstock cost is nil in renewables it is a net positive output. any savings on feedstock cost like coal for thermal power plants during the day is a positive, both environmentally and economically.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars when average it takes 6 years for a metro line to be completed I.e. Pune Metro, Mumbai Metro line 7, Bengaluru Metro Violet Line. But kanpur Metro would completed in 5 years due to less beauracy. The Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad Metro should learn from them.

Last edited:

sauntheninja

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars not open to public but testing will take another many months till its open to the passengers.
They are targetting december 2022 for full opening the partial opening however will happen next month

Haldilal

Country flag
They are targetting december 2022 for full opening the partial opening however will happen next month

Ya'll Nibbiars yeah same as everyone like the Kanpur Metro, Bengaluru few lines partial opening, Pune Metro, Hyderabad Metro.

Reactions: SKC

Global Defence

New threads

Articles