Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

Mumbai coastal road project phase one update along with downtown skyline. 280 Acres of land reclaimed for this project and phase 1 started in late 2017 and expected to be completed by end of 2022.

And includes.

1 . A 2 km tunnel.

2 . 7 Km of Costal road from Malbar hill to Worli.

3 . 280 arces of reclaimed land.

4 . Public places and parks.

5 . Intergated transport area.

6 . Bus depot.

7 . 1 km Arch Bridge.

8 . 4 km of Costal road in bandra.

9 . Two four leaf interchanges.

10 . 3.2 km elevated road in worli.

11 . 1.9-km embankment between Baroda Palace.

12 . Sea Wall.

13 . 4 Km of elevated road at the Marine Drives.

FDL02mLVQAoynqx.jpeg

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars

India's Longest Road Arch Bridge Wahrew Bridge Maghalaya. completed in 2021.

View attachment 117128View attachment 117129View attachment 117130View attachment 117131
Ya'll Nibbiars this arch bridge will be over taken by the 1km long Arch Bridge at Mahalaxmi part of the costal road.

Ya'll Nibbiars

Mumbai coastal road project phase one update along with downtown skyline. 280 Acres of land reclaimed for this project and phase 1 started in late 2017 and expected to be completed by end of 2022.

And includes.

1 . A 2 km tunnel.

2 . 7 Km of Costal road from Malbar hill to Worli.

3 . 280 arces of reclaimed land.

4 . Public places and parks.

5 . Intergated transport area.

6 . Bus depot.

7 . 1 km Arch Bridge.

8 . 4 km of Costal road in bandra.

9 . Two four leaf interchanges.

10 . 3.2 km elevated road in worli.

11 . 1.9-km embankment between Baroda Palace.

12 . Sea Wall.

13 . 4 Km of elevated road at the Marine Drives.

FDL02mLVQAoynqx.jpeg
Ya'll Nibbiars and alos.

14 . Public Parking 7 buildings.

15 . 1.9 Km Elevated Raod at the Bandra Reclamations.

Last edited:

Sarjen

What action have we taken for removing the Slums in Mumbai and kolkata ?????

Haldilal

Country flag
What action have we taken for removing the Slums in Mumbai and kolkata ?????
Ya'll Nibbiars SRA since early 2000s a large number of slums are rehabilited but sadly Delhi has no mechanism for their slums the Illegal colonies.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars nashik is the only city in India which has eradicated slums completely every cities in India big or small has slums.

Last edited:

Sarjen

Ya'll Nibbiars SRA since early 2000s a large number of slums are rehabilited but sadly Delhi has no mechanism for their slums the Illegal colonies.
just looked into mumbai slums, unfortunately nothing has worked out and they're still there and growing.....whatever plans presennted are on hold. sad we can't we anything about it.

Haldilal

Country flag
just looked into mumbai slums, unfortunately nothing has worked out and they're still there and growing.....whatever plans presennted are on hold. sad we can't we anything about it.
Ya'll Nibbiars here you are wrong they have been reduced in past 20 years. And this process is accelerating. Half of the new prcojets are on the SRA lands.

UnderFingy

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars here you are wrong they have been reduced in past 20 years. And this process is accelerating. Half of the new prcojets are on the SRA lands.
Where are these people being relocated to?

Haldilal

Country flag
As I understand it, SRAs basically build flats on land of slum dwellers and then hands the flats over to the slum dwellers.
Ya'll Nibbiars builders build a rehabilitation building first for the tenants. And then the sales building. They get fugiable FSI at lower and the redevelopment building is not under any FSI. Like that it's more profitable. And government spend zero amount here.

And there are two types of SRA schemes on public land and Private land.

Haldilal

Country flag
That's really great. Are these full-sized apartments or something like the budget apartments in Hong-Kong?
Ya'll Nibbiars Rehabilitation are 350 Sq. Ft. Much greater than the jhopdi.

Given there is no FSI limit, its likely full-sized apartments. At least 2BHK, I think. @Haldilal ?
Ya'll Nibbiars you want builders to go brankcrupt?. Now where in the world any one can afford to built that much for a slum dwellers. This are not private redevelopment. But slum redevelopment.

Ya'll Nibbiars Chawls get higher Sq. FT. area normally 500 Sf. Ft.

And private redevelopment higher than their previous Sq. Ft. Area. I.e for 1 bhk to 2 bhk. And 2 bhk to 3 bhk and so on.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Went to the cruise last year, As I told here that I went to Varanasi last year, everything on the cruise was awesome, but the problems of insects is very bad during night time, whole city needs billions in redevelopment, look at the way Saudis have developed Mecca and Medina, learn to do the same in Ayodhya and Varanasi and make them a wealthy tourism fueled economy.

And on the other hand, CC: @Haldilal 🙂

UnderFingy

Country flag
Statsguru: Six charts show India's infrastructure projects in a slow lane

The government is enthusiastic about its national infrastructure pipeline and the plan to infuse Rs 111 trillion till 2024-25, but it needs to brace to shell out much more for these projects. The latest report by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) shows that cost overruns for 1,670 projects, worth more than Rs 150 crore value, were on an average 20 per cent.

Larger projects (worth more than Rs 1,000 crore) faced higher cost overruns, as the anticipated cost exceeded the original by a quarter (chart 1).Time overruns were also high, and a third of total projects faced delays. These projects had a combined value of Rs 12.1 trillion until September 2021, against the original envisaged cost of Rs 9.2 trillion (chart 2).While the government is giving an impetus to infrastructure development in the Northeast, the region faced the highest cost overruns for central projects; Andhra Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal also had a higher ratio than the national average (chart 3).Among sectors, water, telecom and Railways faced the highest cost overruns. In water resources, the anticipated costs were 184 per cent higher than the original, whereas in telecom and Railways the difference was 81 per cent and 53 per cent, respectively (chart 4).Further, a Business Standard analysis of MOSPI data shows that in 8.4 per cent of projects, the expenditure was higher even than the anticipated cost; the corresponding ratio for expenditure exceeding the original cost was 10 per cent (chart 5).Roads were the worst performing sector in this class, followed by urban development and Railways. In terms of time overruns, nearly 530 projects were delayed for more than six months. Among these, more than half were delayed for over two years. The average time of delay in Railways was 69 months or nearly 6 years. There were 147 road projects delayed for over six months, and the average time of delay was 46 months or nearly four years (chart 6).StatsGuru is a weekly feature. Every Monday, Business Standard guides you through the numbers you need to know to make sense of the headlines

doreamon

Country flag
Quantum jump in sales of construction equipment backed by govt focus on infra projects . growth of 47% for the second quarter ending September .17% more than that of the corresponding period in 2019-20.

first Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) launched by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has attracted top Canadian funds as its marquee investors. Over Rs 8000 crores of road assets in Guj, Karnataka,Raj, Telangana monetised

FalconZero

Country flag
Last month or so i saw this particular video, in South Korea what they did was remove the divide and created a cycle lane and top of which were laid solar cells.

So they not only made a good use of space but also create a roof for cyclists/pedestrians and and on top of that they are generating clean energy.

I really liked that idea because of a multitude of reasons, one of them is that during the pandemic i got some time and opportunities to travel by local buses/cars and one thing i noticed was total waste of that space between highways, it looks ugly, plants are grazed by animals and literally badly utilized. We really need to so something to change it.

NiGa is working great in terms of highway etc. but he really need to ensure that we can at least make the roads more appealing when you are travelling.

When i was a kid, i used to travel to my Nani's house and though roads(it was highway so quality was not bad but compared to now that was just substandard) and one thing miss is that there are no trees near the highways now, just 10 years back we will have countless trees even those wild animals crossing sometimes it was a pleasant experience to travel but now it's just lacks the 'soul'.
Most of the trees which are added were grazzed same with plants. Maybe we can better utilize that space with something like this.

Even if people don't use it for cycling still it can be used to generate electricity, basically free realstate.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Last month or so i saw this particular video, in South Korea what they did was remove the divide and created a cycle lane and top of which were laid solar cells.

So they not only made a good use of space but also create a roof for cyclists/pedestrians and and on top of that they are generating clean energy.

I really liked that idea because of a multitude of reasons, one of them is that during the pandemic i got some time and opportunities to travel by local buses/cars and one thing i noticed was total waste of that space between highways, it looks ugly, plants are grazed by animals and literally badly utilized. We really need to so something to change it.

NiGa is working great in terms of highway etc. but he really need to ensure that we can at least make the roads more appealing when you are travelling.

When i was a kid, i used to travel to my Nani's house and though roads(it was highway so quality was not bad but compared to now that was just substandard) and one thing miss is that there are no trees near the highways now, just 10 years back we will have countless trees even those wild animals crossing sometimes it was a pleasant experience to travel but now it's just lacks the 'soul'.
Most of the trees which are added were grazzed same with plants. Maybe we can better utilize that space with something like this.

Even if people don't use it for cycling still it can be used to generate electricity, basically free realstate.

why even go that far on highways, perhaps our regular streets which don’t have much vehicular traffic and trees can be covered with solar panels.

FalconZero

Country flag

why even go that far on highways, perhaps our regular streets which don’t have much vehicular traffic and trees can be covered with solar panels.

I mean yeah but with highways, one of the reasons for that is major highways pass through the less secluded regions and are not surrounded by buildings on both sides which will ensure that the public is not directly or indirectly damaging the solar panels or sun is not getting obstructed by the construction and work additionally it's difficult to expand such work in the areas where community is already settled but same can't be said about the major region surrounding the highways.

Along with that, highways coming under central government will ensure that they face lesser issues and red tapes during work.

They don't lack the area, in between April 2020 to jan 2021 around 8k of the national highway construction was done, now it's possible that it also includes 1km as 4x or more due to the count of lanes so even if we reduce it by the factor of 4 still we will have around 2k+ km of annual highway length work which is on going, plentiful space for the solar panels.

State government can formulate their own similar schemes if they want to work in this regard.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I mean yeah but with highways, one of the reasons for that is major highways pass through the less secluded regions and are not surrounded by buildings on both sides which will ensure that the public is not directly or indirectly damaging the solar panels or sun is not getting obstructed by the construction and work additionally it's difficult to expand such work in the areas where community is already settled but same can't be said about the major region surrounding the highways.

Along with that, highways coming under central government will ensure that they face lesser issues and red tapes during work.

They don't lack the area, in between April 2020 to jan 2021 around 8k of the national highway construction was done, now it's possible that it also includes 1km as 4x or more due to the count of lanes so even if we reduce it by the factor of 4 still we will have around 2k+ km of annual highway length work which is on going, plentiful space for the solar panels.

State government can formulate their own similar schemes if they want to work in this regard.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles