Infrastructure and Energy Sector

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
UP is on a roll, They have acquired almost 85% of the land for Ganga expressway which now they can start building.

Maharashtra - are you taking note of the speed at which UP is rolling out projects? Don’t be surprised if several companies shift to UP especially if the BJP continues for more time. Sitting on past glory will tank MH. Move at top speed. Get that Pune to Nashik semi HSR built ASAP. Get the bullet train going. Spend $10-20 billion and fix Mumbai’s infrastructure to make it an ASEAN standard city. Get rid of the slums, open up spaces to make the city green and blue, clean up all the waterways, build modern storm drains to prevent flooding, redevelop all dilapidated areas, clean up the crime and make Mumbai a good place to live and do business in. Finish the Mumbai-Nagpur expressway ASAP and start building more expressways like get the Surat-Chennai expressway part going in MH and help the government quickly acquire land for it. And get rid of the MVA crooks for sure.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Isn't that what I've been saying all along? :facepalm: Revenue generated from cities needs to be spent in cities. ULBs need full autonomy over the finances generated from the city and how they're spent. That's the only way to speed up urbanization in the country. i.e: Stop pandering to the rural voter base.
If you are talking about Guwahati [Kamrup(M)], just the annual repairing cost of existing road infra runs into 100 cr +. In 2016/17 it was around 70 crore. So with time, it has only increased.
The DTO earning which you have quoted would go mostly into DTO related purpose such as salary payment, tax payment, due repay and others. Only a meagre of this amount would go into proper infra investment.

sorcerer

Country flag
Academic access to Russia’s Nuclear Expertise deepens India-Russia bilateral cooperation

In addition to job creation and economic incentives, young Indians now have access to Russian nuclear education, broadening academic and domain expertise of aspiring stakeholders of the nuclear energy sector. Subsequently, attracting a new generation of highly skilled and educated personnel in the field of nuclear energy.

sorcerer

Country flag
NTPC successfully commissioned India’s largest Floating Solar of 10 MW on the reservoir of Simhadri Thermal Power Plant

NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd , a 100% subsidiary of NTPC, has received the go-ahead from Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) to set up 4750 MW renewable energy park at Rann of Kutch in Khavada, Gujarat. This will be India’s largest solar park to be built by the largest power producer of the country.

NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (NTPC REL), has been given the go-ahead by MNRE on 12th July 2021 under Mode 8 (Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Park) of Solar Park Scheme. NTPC REL has plans to generate green hydrogen on a commercial scale from this park.

As a part of its green energy portfolio augmentation, NTPC Ltd, India’s largest energy integrated company aims to build 60 GW Renewable Energy Capacity by 2032. Currently, the state owned power major has an installed capacity of 66 GW across 70 power projects with an additional 18 GW under construction.

Recently, NTPC has also commissioned India’s largest Floating Solar of 10 MW (ac) on the reservoir of Simhadri Thermal Power Plant, Andhra Pradesh. An additional 15 MW (ac) would be commissioned by August 2021.

Further, a 100 MW Floating Solar Project on the reservoir of Ramagundam Thermal Power Plant, Telangana is in the advanced stage of implementation.

Additionally, NTPC RE Ltd. has recently signed an MoU with UT, Ladakh and Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC) for the generation of green hydrogen and deployment on FCEV buses. The signing of the MoU was also marked with the inauguration of NTPC’s first solar installations in Leh in form of solar trees and a solar car port.

NTPC REL, the subsidiary was incorporated on 07.10.2020 to accelerate the RE business of NTPC.

HitmanBlood

Country flag
There is lot of talks about Infrastructure lately. In India since BJP gov has come to power, Indian infrastructure has drastically improved. So I thought I should share some pics here for our viewing pleasure.

I got these pictures from a dedicated forum skyscrapercity.com/forum/india where infrastructure enthusiastic post regular updates.

Roads (NH & NE)

2021-04-25.jpg
RjlxdsC.png
fB1F4sH.png
nFWEFMb.png
ngtGAGQ.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
KwOEgQe.jpg
xH2oTZR.jpg
T4awRvu.jpg
LhbqNzz.jpg

HitmanBlood

Country flag
Indian infrastructure is so vast and beautiful. There are many such beauties that I couldn't post here. If I do it will fill 100s of pages here.

India has

3rd largest road network.
4th largest railway network
2nd in number of cities with metro rail
3rd in electricity production
And much more.

On top of this India is currently building massive amounts of Infrastructure. Entire country is under construction.the size and scope of projects being undertaken are massive. Even tire 2 and 3 cities are getting major infra push from gov.

There are people who post regular updates on indian infra

Its really amazing stuff. I must say a big tank you to BJP.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars Alapuzzha Bypass 6.8 Km elevated Highway and has cost 360 crores and built after 40 years of planning and land acquisition.

images - 2021-07-22T111509.869.jpeg
images - 2021-07-22T111518.166.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles