Infrastructure and Energy Sector

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
What is stopping government from going all in on nuclear and committing to making India 30-40% nuclear dependent by 2030 and 50-60% by 2040?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
What is stopping government from going all in on nuclear and committing to making India 30-40% nuclear dependent by 2030 and 50-60% by 2040?
We actually have similar targets for 2040. Less than 50% of energy requirements will come from conventional sources then.

shubu

Country flag
I think building nuclear power plant slowed down around the world after fukushima incident and other reason might be missile attack from pak and china.
Building nuclear power plant takes years to built and is very expensive whereas price of solar panel is falling down.

SKC

Country flag
Money, land and NGO.
Plus some Nuclear power plants can take upto 10 years before going critical. In Indian cases most of them took around 10 yr before going critical and provide power.

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
Here's the thing, solar power is spotty, requires a lot of money to make, and then when the cells are past life, a lot of money to decommission and safely discard. Nuclear has a large upfront cost, but the lifetime pay out is well worth it. India needs to move quick to decrease its dependence on Saudi oil so it can better handle domestic issues rather than dither on what needs to be done

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A new era of waterways transport to begin in Gujarat!

The Hazira-Ghogha Ro-Pax Ferry service will decongest the traffic on roads tremendously.

It will eventually bring down road accidents and make travel safer & convenient.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
How many stadiums do we need when we are losing game after game? I partially watched the spanking we got down under. Smith was treating our bowlers like they were club class.
I think this is Kohli’s 6th or 7th ODI loss in a row. He hasn’t won a single game in Aus and NZ since that loss to NZ in World Cup semi finals. Looks like he may soon be the captain with the longest losing streak. :facepalm:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
How many stadiums do we need when we are losing game after game? I partially watched the spanking we got down under. Smith was treating our bowlers like they were club class.
I think this is Kohli’s 6th or 7th ODI loss in a row. He hasn’t won a single game in Aus and NZ since that loss to NZ in World Cup semi finals. Looks like he may soon be the captain with the longest losing streak. :facepalm:
Indian cricket team is overrated as far as their cricket skills are concerned, if not for the Indian cricket TV audience and BCCI’s negotiation skills, they would have been a nobody.

as far as sport infrastructure goes, as much as possible must be built. A stadium is a stadium, can be repurposed for some other sport later.

SKC

Country flag
The real problem is making on cricket centric stadiums instead of multipurpose stadiums.
Even Australia has turned their major cricket stadiums into Multipurpose one.

I am already seeing the cricket popularity reach a plateau in India. By end of this decade I think it will start to fall down. Just too many series, tournaments, premier leagues, how many can a single person track. There is abundance of good , mediocre level players that you don't know whom to pick for which format.

Its high time we should start to focus on making multipurpose stadiums and train kids in all sort of sports.

SKC

Country flag
Indian cricket team is overrated as far as their cricket skills are concerned, if not for the Indian cricket TV audience and BCCI’s negotiation skills, they would have been a nobody.

as far as sport infrastructure goes, as much as possible must be built. A stadium is a stadium, can be repurposed for some other sport later.
A good no of crickets stadiums are being made only for cricket centric activities.
Noida authority turned a big portion of Noida stadium into cricket stadium and now you cant use it for any other sport. It remains without use for major part of year as cost to book it for one day and for tournament is way high.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A good no of crickets stadiums are being made only for cricket centric activities.
Noida authority turned a big portion of Noida stadium into cricket stadium and now you cant use it for any other sport. It remains without use for major part of year as cost to book it for one day and for tournament is way high.
The new stadiums complexes that are being built, they have smaller arenas being built in the same complex along with the cricket stadium for other sports as well. This trend seems to be the case since Delhi common wealth games.

banks probably are not giving loans, unless there is a cricket stadium involved.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Agra Metro, phase 1 construction started today.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles