Infrastructure and Energy Sector

LondonParisTokyo

Country flag
During a random browsing on Indian Railways I came across some shocking data.
Majority of our train runs at a average speed of 50- 60 Kmph till today.

When I compared with China. They decided to implement speed up campaign in 90's to increase the average speed from 48 kmph to 160 kmph. Today they have a massive HSR lines.

On the other hand we are still not started upgrading the tracks across the country except in few pockets.
Also we launch Trains with one aim and then it become a other thing. Eg. Duronto started as source to destination , now have multiple stops. Antodaya envisioned as pure UR train but now they become another superfast train with (56 KMPH) Avg speed.

Also we have somewhat a long route for a same destination while short distance routes need to be implemented.

Our classification of Trains become muddy in current times since there is no big difference.
I think once the DFCs are up-and-running within the next several years, the commercial lines will be decongested and will skyrocket to 160kmphs. Then after that is the next step: bullet train. Also the average speed may be artificially lower because it incorporates slow local trains in Mumbai and stuff but I'm not sure

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
idea is shifting of goods trains to DFC's will relieve some pressure on passenger trains. and the current dfc costs 1lakh crore.

raising avg speed country wide is a costly and long affair.
Actually it was Passenger service which started to slowdown the Freight hence IR started to loose money on logistics due to competition from Trucks. But now DFCCIL will bring the revenue back to IR. Passenger train can be ran without too much traffic.

I agree with raising avg speed is a costly affair. But the upgradation is insanely slow and still we have single region where we can run at high speed. I am seeing a large scale lethargy from IR folks till few years. But current crackdown on IR starts to pay some dividends.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
I think once the DFCs are up-and-running within the next several years, the commercial lines will be decongested and will skyrocket to 160kmphs. Then after that is the next step: bullet train. Also the average speed may be artificially lower because it incorporates slow local trains in Mumbai and stuff but I'm not sure

DFC will decongest the Passenger service - True.
Skyrocket to 160 KMph - False . For that to happen we need to upgrade both track and signaling systems. (Using continous welded rails, banking changes, advance signal like DFCCIL , Metro etc.)
Bullet train - Even current one takes 4 years to complete. We are going to complete the GQ Shinkansen only by 2051.

We should start categorizing trains
Upto160 KMPH - T18,Exisiting trains will do the job when you upgrade the infra.
160 - 300 Kmph - No current product - 230-250 kmph is a sweet spot of operating cost and ticket cost.
300+ - Shinkansen n700 series- Operating cost and ticket cost will be higher.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
India world record

Ya'll Nibbiars see the comments sections.

The African Our Government is corrupt can't ever never achieve this feets.

The Europens Will not even last 5 days.

The Americams we are making World record of construction highways 75 years and still Incomplete will take 2 years just to finish the paper works.

The Chinese You call this Highways see ours.

The Turkish we have better Engineers.

Manish Singh

Country flag

navbharat-times.png

Global Defence

Articles