Infrastructure and Energy Sector

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Three Companies signed Program Agreement under (PLI) Scheme for Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Storage

In addition to capacities allocated by MHI under PLI Program, private players are expected to create battery manufacturing capacity to tune of~95 GWh

18000 crores over a period of 5 years.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Three Companies signed Program Agreement under (PLI) Scheme for Advanced Chemistry Cell Battery Storage

In addition to capacities allocated by MHI under PLI Program, private players are expected to create battery manufacturing capacity to tune of~95 GWh

18000 crores over a period of 5 years.

one the ideas being attempted is integrated power plants with 24 hour renewable supply capacity, in practical terms it could be wind + solar + battery storage. during the day solar will supply and at night battery will supply.

first of these could come up in madhya pradesh .

armortec

Will recommend to watch below interview on nuclear energy .
Specially the parts -
25 : 20 to 37 : 36 and
1 : 06 : 35 to end

22 reactors in India producing only 40GWh? Curious as to why lots of small capacity reactors - just old gen or lack of Uranium supply? From the Wiki it appears new planned ones will be of Russian, French, US and some homemade design. With new discoveries of Uranium reserves then there should really be a big push for nuclear - though a big upfront cost. Crush any "protestors" ruthlessly. Interesting to see France and China have nearly the same number of reactors and capacity yet while nuclear accounts for 70% of France's energy demand it's only 5% of China's - wow.

Once chatted with an old retired UK chem eng who previously worked in the nuclear field and he was cursing the hippie crowd that helped kill off nuclear in UK, but also cursed the politicians for their short-sightedness. Now UK has no nuclear plant building expertise and iirc it's French and Chinese that are building Hinkley Point C. Quite a fall considering UK were the first to build civilian nuclear reactors.

Second is one of my relatives worked at UK Dept of Energy (or whatever it's called now). He was (as he's prone to) gushing about his helping shape policy toward renewables. I argued that's all well and good and there are many factors to consider (the per unit cost is coming down with time) but the cost to the customer is still higher - nuclear should be revived too. I hope Russian war might knock some reality into these British babus now. Any politician/policymaker in charge of energy should really come from a science background imo.

Maybe it would be better to have an "Energy Security" thread or something separate from infrastructure like road/bridge building. I would wish that to be a more valuable thread than say politics and drama thread.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
one the ideas being attempted is integrated power plants with 24 hour renewable supply capacity, in practical terms it could be wind + solar + battery storage. during the day solar will supply and at night battery will supply.

Ya'll Nibbiars

FY1UxgDaUAAmyH9.jpeg

Kumata

Country flag
How do they make sure that the double freight containers are not toppled over by wind?
IMO, container themselves have enough weight that they cannot topple over if balanced properly. On trucks, they bolt the container to carrer .. beleive same would be case here too.

Kumata

Country flag

NIce, I am trying to convert my native home to complete solar energy but babudom kills the whole motivation with everything.

Let us see if i complete the mission or not. cost wise, i should be able to get it done under 2L for 5 KW load.

thebakofbakchod

This thread is a prime example of why 82iq pajeets will remain a global joke. Chinks did a good thing running tanks over idiot leftists. Maybe India needs a cultural revolution to cure this virus as well. Most indians are brainwashed to embrace poverty and primitive infrastructure and the worst part are these are the so called educated ones

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Gem of a video, I know it has been posted before on the Economy thread but a lot of important announcements were made by Railways Minister.
1659172656968.png
1659172663233.png
1659172678208.png
1659172785895.png
1659172793992.png

This thread is a prime example of why 82iq pajeets will remain a global joke. Chinks did a good thing running tanks over idiot leftists. Maybe India needs a cultural revolution to cure this virus as well. Most indians are brainwashed to embrace poverty and primitive infrastructure and the worst part are these are the so called educated ones
According to Lavde ka SSCWarrior on DFI r/ndians can stop the Nicobar Island Megaproject by a simple circlejerk on r/ndia.

thebakofbakchod

Gem of a video, I know it has been posted before on the Economy thread but a lot of important announcements were made by Railways Minister.View attachment 165887View attachment 165888View attachment 165889View attachment 165890View attachment 165891
According to Lavde ka SSCWarrior on DFI r/ndians can stop the Nicobar Island Megaproject by a simple circlejerk on r/ndia.
Why not? NGO mafia has already started their randi rona. We both know how sagarmala project ended up thanks to them and the fishermen lobby. This project will end up the same unless the EIA laws that were supposed to be passed 2 years ago get passed

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned

thebakofbakchod

It's been 10 years now hearing about new delhi railway project :yawn:
The station redevelopment project is a bloody scam. Most of these were announced in 2015-16 and nothing got built except gandhinagar and bhopal, which looks nothing like the original renders. It is very easy to deduce that the end product will not look like the renders shown here. The tender value is too low for such structures. For example this is kanpur

How can you build such a grandoise station for only 712 crore? I will believe when i see it. Some of the other proposed costs are even worse

Just 230 crores for this? How?

190 crores for this?? 0 chance at all. Building such structures with so much steel and glass wont be cheap at all. Plus India's construction material costs are not exactly low either

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The station redevelopment project is a bloody scam. Most of these were announced in 2015-16 and nothing got built except gandhinagar and bhopal, which looks nothing like the original renders. It is very easy to deduce that the end product will not look like the renders shown here. The tender value is too low for such structures. For example this is kanpur

How can you build such a grandoise station for only 712 crore? I will believe when i see it. Some of the other proposed costs are even worse

Just 230 crores for this? How?

190 crores for this?? 0 chance at all. Building such structures with so much steel and glass wont be cheap at all. Plus India's construction material costs are not exactly low either
will have to check each DPR, but it seems the tender value is not for entire redevelopment cost but only for what railways pays. developer also puts his own money and in return gets BOT on assets for 25 years or so.

habibganj station redevelopment was a similar model.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles