Infrastructure and Energy Sector

Physx32

Country flag
Gadkari is a overhyped minister.
Even with that he is one of the best ministers by indian standards.
Work was given to a 3rd class contractor by Gutkagiri ji, muh quality can go F itself.
It was done by UPEIDA, not Gadkari. Not saying NHAI is any better though (actually their expressways are far worse than UPEIDA e-ways).

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
The thing about Sarkari daftar is that they are in a frog in the well situation. Sarkari daftar has a culture not changing their ways. Their paradigms and sop is preserved from the British time and their isn't much dynamic things going on. A Sarkari engineer might not know new things in the market because he came there by gargling book knowledge and slogging through syllabus and only that. They pull each other down leaving no scope of self optimization.
All gov office need to be cut down in Size

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Bundelkhand expressway collapsed due to rain.

This section was done by Gawar Construction.
Absolute state of Indian Civil Engineering.
They messed up while doing the substrate base I suppose which got further damaged due to rains. Such things happen when the expressway spans over hundreds of kms. The way they are building 1000s of kms of expressways every year; expect more of such news.

View attachment 164900
They suggest parallel parking but diagonal is still the best option. Not much hassle in removing the car, it takes more road space than parallel for sure but benefit is 4 cars vs 3 cars + not having to bother so much for removing the car even if cars are parked closely together.
Ah! These drawings remind me of my engineering udergrad days. We used to design parking lots given the space available and and median loads .........

Last edited:

Crazywithmath

Country flag
View attachment 164900
They suggest parallel parking but diagonal is still the best option. Not much hassle in removing the car, it takes more road space than parallel for sure but benefit is 4 cars vs 3 cars + not having to bother so much for removing the car even if cars are parked closely together.
Ah! These drawings remind me of my engineering udergrad days.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Bundelkhand expressway collapsed due to rain.

This section was done by Gawar Construction.

Absolute state of Indian Civil Engineering.
no geo-textile fabric used in WBM road ( we used to use that in case of fast compaction with vibo-42 T) ? ? might be inadequate compaction and thinner mecadam with 5 mm sealcoat instead of 10 mm allowed water seepage and abrasion !!
Where are our Forum Pundit Civil Engineers , come on.. show some light?

EDIT- P.S- though 5 mm sealcoat is stranded in case of BT roads, but 10 mm is too done keeping in mind of road state( cost factor), banking, bit low stretches with chances of occasional waterlogging.. by book- BT and water relates as water to sodium... waterlogging is the worst enemy of BT road.

Last edited:

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Officially 4G is supposed to provide 100 Mbps. We know what we get.
And 5G has severe limitations like range and interference.
BSNL-Fiber- 500 Rs. /month plan ( at pick prime time uses ) more than enough to support any house connection with 4-5 shared single router users! Or Kitna aache din chahyea--- Mitron... :basanti: :basanti:
1658587489238.png

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Matlab click karte hi donload
No dude it will take 14.785 seconds.
Matlab R2022a 64-bits installer is 20.7 G.B.
It will take 14.785 seconds if you are downloading using NVME M.2 SSD under ideal conditions.
Hit like those who understood the joke

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
No dude it will take 14.785 seconds.
Matlab R2022a 64-bits installer is 20.7 G.B.
It will take 14.785 seconds if you are downloading using NVME M.2 SSD under ideal conditions.
Hit like those who understood the joke
Ya'll Nibbiars

FXyvHzGUYAElBa6.jpeg

Akula

Country flag
They messed up while doing the substrate base I suppose which got further damaged due to rains. Such things happen when the expressway spans over hundreds of kms. The way they are building 1000s of kms of expressways every year; expect more of such news.

Ah! These drawings remind me of my engineering udergrad days. We used to design parking lots given the space available and and median loads .........
Similar incident happened with another expressway in UP, few years ago. Contractor will pay for this damage.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles