Infographics, Maps and so on

alphacentury

Country flag
Long-term mean precipitation by month

Nice. I always kinda got the impression, that UK and Neighboring countries get damp weather mostly through the year. And this map shows that. Also, we should look more into rainwater harvesting.

So, lighting strikes on land mass mostly. Stupid question, but I thought lighting was average everywhere. And I even thought in future, we would have installations in sea to harness lightning energy or something. I am an atheist:yo:, but if this map is true, then I think god made it this way and gave ministry to Indra to scare people up, so nobody dares to takeover swarga.:lol:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Nice. I always kinda got the impression, that UK and Neighboring countries get damp weather mostly through the year. And this map shows that. Also, we should look more into rainwater harvesting.

So, lighting strikes on land mass mostly. Stupid question, but I thought lighting was average everywhere. And I even thought in future, we would have installations in sea to harness lightning energy or something. I am an atheist:yo:, but if this map is true, then I think god made it this way and gave ministry to Indra to scare people up, so nobody dares to takeover swarga.:lol:
The UK is kinda famous for that :D

Also did you know that there is a patch of temperate rainforest in the UK and all the way upto Norway, yes Norway.
:wtf:

Temperate Rain forest distribution.

I am not very sure why lightning strikes more on land though, probably because landmasses form barriers which concentrate clouds in certain regions. :hmm:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Tiger sub-species spread. (Some are extinct sub-species here, check the legend in the map.)
It is estimated that there were close to 40k tigers in the early 1900s in South, East, West, SE, NE and Central Asia. But in 1980s this had reduced to a few 1000s.
Current recovery trends give some hope, esp. thanks to India. There are 2.2K tigers in wild in india more than half of the world wild population. In addition there is an est. 3-4k tigers in captive farms in China which are used for chinese traditional "medicine." Parts like tiger penis is used.
Also there is an est. 3k tigers in private collections across the US.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Some ethnic group distribution maps of varoius regions/countries.

Ethnic groups central asia c.1992. I'm guessing not much changes except for AFG and KAZ. AFG there has been and is a huge outflow of refugees. KAZ (and other post-soviets) decrease in Ruski percentage.

------------------------
Major ethnic groups in the Caucasus mountains region. c.2000s

--------------------
Major ethnic groups Iran

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Some more from our subcontinent area: (Major ethno-linguistic groups from PAK, AFG, BUR)

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Some more (Major ethno-linguistic groups of Africa, Indonesia, W. Asia, China)
Enlarge pics if you can't see them.
That's it for now.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Map of various Ch!n3s3 language family spread. Many of these languages are mutually unintelligible (ie can not be understood if two speakers from diff groups speak to each other, and hence is NOT different dialect of same language. aka No such thing as one ch!n353 language) (Note: leet speech for "ch!n353" is to dissuade appearance of 50centers.)
There are many more smaller ones, can not be fully expressed here.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Thanks for the tag. Haven't gone through all the maps. Single source or your collected them over time?
No probs.

Source: Many that I collected over some time.
But to post them on this thread I browsed it on the spot and posted links. Didn't want to manually upload each of 'em. Many of these maps are on wikpedia/wiki commons btw.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Found this map somewhat interesting.

@alphacentury those dark red spots look to be near OR borders. For Ar. Pr. I'm going to say it is coz of the low population.
:hmm:

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Historical maps of pre union Kerala
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images616S4ZVS.jpg
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images24CQ9XYL.jpg

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Prolly Naxal infected area, (hence) low population. I am guessing here. Whats Ar. pr.
:hmm:

Usually the murder per capita removes active conflicts/insurgency. But I'm not sure if they removed naxal numbers. Will have to check the source.

Ar.Pr. as in Arunachal Pradesh, the other red spot.
Another one is Meghalaya.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
These might interest some people. :pmegusta:

By district

I'm guessing 2001 but could be 2011 too.
More than half of india's muslims live in the states of UP, BH, Jharkhand, and Asom. Total more than a 100M. Add BD to that and the Indo-Gangetic-Brahmaputra plains have over a quarter of a billion moslems. By comparison S. India has between 25-30 M muslims, with about 9 million in KL.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
You know, if you look at Google Earth, you can literally see a patch of grey/white (buildings roads etc) bigger than bhutan in that part of Japan.
Greater Tokyo region covers about 1/10th of Japan and about 30% of its population.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles