Indo-Israel a mutually beneficial relationship

Flint

Alright this is going nowhere. I fail to see what national security has to do with economics but never mind.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You have got in national security. Where does that comes into the picture? It matters only from Indias point of view as we get high tech stuff from Israel. Its not the other way around.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Sorry, but could I please have a link ?
I have never seen any official report on this. It is just from what I have seen every other Pakistani claim on every forum.

You can check out the clown (Zaid thread). He makes the same claim again.

It is really taken seriously in Pakistan and may well be true that Pakistan sent some pilots to Arab countries in the Arab-Israeli wars.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I have never seen any official report on this. It is just from what I have seen every other Pakistani claim on every forum.

You can check out the clown (Zaid thread). He makes the same claim again.

It is really taken seriously in Pakistan and may well be true that Pakistan sent some pilots to Arab countries in the Arab-Israeli wars.
Pakistani's did train the Arab air forces. Never took part in anything.
Zaid Hamid....no comments... :blum3:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Pakistani's did train the Arab air forces. Never took part in anything.
Zaid Hamid....no comments... :blum3:
Many pilots in Arab air forces are of Pakistani origin trained by PAF.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Its their claims for whatever it is worth. Same as they claim that the Israeli planes had taken off to blow up their nuclear program more than once and including in 1998 at the time of explosion.

Is it true? :undecided:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have also heard about Pakistan training and also flying combat ops in six day war. Will have to reconfirm.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
PAF sent its pilots to many Arab nations during the Six-Day War. Pakistani pilots flew in the Air Forces of Jordan, Egypt and Iraq, recording 3 confirmed kills against the Israeli Air Force (including Mirages, Mystères and Vautours) without losing any of their own planes. Flight Lieutenant Saif-ul-Azam was decorated by both Jordanian and Iraqi governments for shooting down Israeli planes.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The Six-Day War between Israel and a number of Arab countries in 1967.
During this conflict the PAF sent personnel to Egypt, Jordan and Syria to support the Arabs in their battle against the Israelis. PAF pilots managed to shoot down ten Israeli aircraft, including Mirages, Mystères and Vautours, without losses on their own side. The PAF pilots operated with Egyptian, Jordanese and Iraqi combat aircraft.
http://www.scramble.nl/pk.htm

Doesn't sound right though...

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Should be true as it is being narrated on most sites as a matter of pride.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
But think about it... ten IAF fighters downed for zero loss ?
And different websites claim different no. of kills, ranging from 2-10.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
That is just propaganda mate. common you know that. Infact Pakistan won the 65 and 71 war according to people like our friend Zaid Hamid.

But yes PAF did participate in the Six Day war.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
That is just propaganda mate. common you know that. Infact Pakistan won the 65 and 71 war according to people like our friend Zaid Hamid.

But yes PAF did participate in the Six Day war.
This tone of propaganda is what put the suspicion in my mind.
Anyways, even if they did, good for them.
In the end, Israel took their cases.

pyromaniac

Founding Member

Excuse me? India created by the British? What is the author of this article playing at? Before even the whiff of British or any other white race countries were even there, India had the most developed civilization as one of the largest countries on earth. Several emperors ruled an India under the term Bharatvarsha from current day Uzbekistan to Cambodia (the proof of this visible till date in many of their regions).
Well...India didn't really exist like we know it now. It was a variety of kingdoms with no central authority so to speak. The British put us all together and made the India that we know today

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well...India didn't really exist like we know it now. It was a variety of kingdoms with no central authority so to speak. The British put us all together and made the India that we know today
India was one, more or less till the British came and defeated the Moghuls. The Moghuls were the ones who granted them access to India.
It was the British who divided India and pitted I small kingdom against other and took protection money from both.
Infact the divisions left by the British still haunt us.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I don't agree Yusuf. If that were the case India and China would be the best of friends.

Democracy is one of the biggest reasons why the two countries can cooperate with no reservations.
How about the USSR (and now Russia) being India's no. 1 military supplier?

I think democracy has very little to do with it. It's good for propaganda and PR purposes, but it counts for little in international relations. Some of the strongest alliances in the world are between democracies and non-democracies.

youngindian

Country flag
i don't think relation is based on money.first jews are in india for so long time but indians have not created any problem to them like nazis and muslims in middle east.second both are facing common problem like terrorism..... and the biggest turning point come whem Organisation of the Islamic Conference (OIC) in 1986 issued a joint declaration supporting Pakistan's claim over Kashmir..and in 2001Relations between India and the OIC became tence when the latter criticised India for taking insufficient action to stop the alleged human rights violations against Muslims in the Jammu and Kashmir. India dismissed these allegations as baseless and Pakistani propaganda. India responded to the anti-India position taken by the OIC by re-evaluating its Middle East policy.and also they have supplied greenpine radar to us even....US arms-control regulations blocked the sale .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles