Indo China War Simulation Thread

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
The Chinese will not be able to operate jets deep into Indian territory as chinese pilots are not trained enough for long range missions unlike the IAF pilots
Looks like just watched Top Gun 2.

No airforce prefers long-range bombing or air dominance missions these days. These luxuries are 3rd or 4th wave scenarios when one Air force along with its air defences is fully depleted. Chinese as per few watchers has some advantage in that scenario against IAF.

DumbPilot

Country flag
@Joe Shearer @Kumaoni @Love Charger @mist_consecutive @Angel of War

Would be better to make something like a trello board with perms where the umpire and observer and the participants can work, and do the actual simulation on something like , save and upload the unit positions/etc. on a publicly shared hosting resource(google drive? mega?) so that everyone can download it.

For contour maps, we can probably use old Soviet 1:50,000 or 1:1,00,000 maps that I think are available online if we want to. Otherwise the default map.army maps if they work, they have excellent contour maps too:
View attachment 194911

For those who want to read up on wargames:
Additional resources for introduction to wargaming if anyone likes so:

Rommel

Yeah you are correct, however this means that Indian troops will have no air support while Chinese troops attack with full air support

Blademaster

I do not understand why the fuck we did not take over those little fingers jutting out of Bangladesh mainland and increase our width of the corridor after 1971?

Joydeepghosh1976

Country flag
I do not understand why the fuck we did not take over those little fingers jutting out of Bangladesh mainland and increase our width of the corridor after 1971?
I don't know what happened to your knowledge didn't you know that India and Bangladesh swapped, exchanged and traded their enclaves and exclaves all along the border already, but to save siliguri corridor India will have to make a entirely new deal with Bangladesh

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Securing the #SiliguriCorridor or #ChickensNeck in #WestBengal
People thinking the Siliguri corridor/Chicken Neck is a vulnerable point have never visited Siliguri, and neither have they studied Indian ORBAT.

No offense intended @Joydeepghosh1976 but Chicken neck looking like a choke point/vulnerable area is visible to everybody who ever looked at India's map, including our GoI/Army who has ensured not even a combined attack of PLA + Bangladesh + Nepal can do anything of that area.

Joydeepghosh1976

Country flag
People thinking the Siliguri corridor/Chicken Neck is a vulnerable point have never visited Siliguri, and neither have they studied Indian ORBAT.

No offense intended @Joydeepghosh1976 but Chicken neck looking like a choke point/vulnerable area is visible to everybody who ever looked at India's map, including our GoI/Army who has ensured not even a combined attack of PLA + Bangladesh + Nepal can do anything of that area.
none taken but fact is this situation of combined attack would never had any effect as long as Doklam Plateau was with Bhutan but as situation stands Bhutan may gift it to China in return for China giving up a claim north of Bhutan, then India and Indian Army will have to seriously rethink on securing the 60 to 120 km wide piece of land but have you visited siliguri if yes then you will know that blowing up 1 railway bridge can be disastrous for the area and cut off the entire north east India

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
none taken but fact is this situation of combined attack would never had any effect as long as Doklam Plateau was with Bhutan but as situation stands Bhutan may gift it to China in return for China giving up a claim north of Bhutan, then India and Indian Army will have to seriously rethink on securing the 60 to 120 km wide piece of land but have you visited siliguri if yes then you will know that blowing up 1 railway bridge can be disastrous for the area and cut off the entire north east India
Agree that China capturing the Doklam plateau will be a massive headache, and we will have to revisit our war plans.
However, Bhutan gifting it to China is not possible anytime in near future. As it stands, Bhutan is still pro-India, and any forceful occupation of Doklam by China will be met with resistance by Indian forces just like in the Doklam standoff in 2017.

Joydeepghosh1976

Country flag
Agree that China capturing the Doklam plateau will be a massive headache, and we will have to revisit our war plans.
However, Bhutan gifting it to China is not possible anytime in near future. As it stands, Bhutan is still pro-India, and any forceful occupation of Doklam by China will be met with resistance by Indian forces just like in the Doklam standoff in 2017.
well what you suggest Indian Army refuses to vacate the land after Bhutan gifts to China in exchange for the area up north :) anyways I have given options as per my understanding and also do read the entire write up and give your opinion and btw for your further reading here's another

Aestas Vivax

Country flag
Back from the dead again I am. (Someone teach me how to use forums plz, cri)

@Hari Sud @mist_consecutive

A rough ORBAT for the Air Bases on the Pak border has been made, and I request suggestions on what could be done instead. This is based on current positions but are not accurate to real-life deployments.

Adampur AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM systems (48 Missiles in Total)
Agra AFS - 1x PSM-33 and 1x Akash SAM system (24 Missiles)
Ambala AFS - 1x Vostok E (Link) and 1x MRSAM system (32 Missiles)
Amritsar AFS - 1x PSM-33 and 1x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM system
Awantipur AFS - 1x Akash SAM and 1x SPYDER/MR system (Proposed, 48 Missiles; Derby and Python 5)
Bareilly AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 1x Akash SAM systems
Bhatinda/Bhisiana AFS - 1x Akash SAM system (24 Missiles)
Bhuj AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 1x MRSAM system
Nal/Bikaner AFS - 1x Tin Shield A, 1x PSM-33 and 2x Akash SAM systems
Chandigarh AFS - 1x Akash SAM system
Delhi/Indira Gandhi Intl - 1x MRSAM system (Fictional Deployment, might use Barak-8ER to simulate a better variant protecting Delhi, like XRSAM)
Deesa AFS (Helipad) - Nothjng
Gwalior/Maharajpur AFS - 2x Akash SAM systems
Halwara AFS - 1x Vostok E (Link) and 2x Akash SAM system
Hindon AFS - Nothing at Base; nearby, 1x Green Pine, 1x Master-A, 1x THD-1955 and 2x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM Systems.
Jaisalmer AFS - 1x TR-2215 and 1x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM system.
Jammu/Satwari - 1x Master-T radar
Jamnagar AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM systems
Jodhpur AFS - 1x Tin Shield A, 1x THD-1955 and 1x Akash SAM system.
Leh AFS - 1x SPYDER-MR
Pathankot AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM systems
Phalodi AFS - 3x MRSAM System
Sarsawa AFS - Nil
Sirsa AFS - 2x Akash SAM System
Srinagar AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM systems
Suratgarh AFS - 1x Akash SAM System
Thoise - Nil
Udhampur AFS - 1x SPYDER-MR SAM System
Uttarlai AFS - 2x Akash SAM Systems
Vadodara AFS - 1x Vostok E (Link) and 1x Akash SAM system

Will do the China Border and Other Airbases later.

Indian Airbases with its AD and Radar units - Imgur

Aestas Vivax

Country flag
@Joe Shearer @Kumaoni @Love Charger @mist_consecutive @Angel of War

Would be better to make something like a trello board with perms where the umpire and observer and the participants can work, and do the actual simulation on something like , save and upload the unit positions/etc. on a publicly shared hosting resource(google drive? mega?) so that everyone can download it.

For contour maps, we can probably use old Soviet 1:50,000 or 1:1,00,000 maps that I think are available online if we want to. Otherwise the default map.army maps if they work, they have excellent contour maps too:
View attachment 194911

For those who want to read up on wargames:
Is this still happening?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Back from the dead again I am. (Someone teach me how to use forums plz, cri)

@Hari Sud @mist_consecutive

A rough ORBAT for the Air Bases on the Pak border has been made, and I request suggestions on what could be done instead. This is based on current positions but are not accurate to real-life deployments.

Adampur AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM systems (48 Missiles in Total)
Agra AFS - 1x PSM-33 and 1x Akash SAM system (24 Missiles)
Ambala AFS - 1x Vostok E (Link) and 1x MRSAM system (32 Missiles)
Amritsar AFS - 1x PSM-33 and 1x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM system
Awantipur AFS - 1x Akash SAM and 1x SPYDER/MR system (Proposed, 48 Missiles; Derby and Python 5)
Bareilly AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 1x Akash SAM systems
Bhatinda/Bhisiana AFS - 1x Akash SAM system (24 Missiles)
Bhuj AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 1x MRSAM system
Nal/Bikaner AFS - 1x Tin Shield A, 1x PSM-33 and 2x Akash SAM systems
Chandigarh AFS - 1x Akash SAM system
Delhi/Indira Gandhi Intl - 1x MRSAM system (Fictional Deployment, might use Barak-8ER to simulate a better variant protecting Delhi, like XRSAM)
Deesa AFS (Helipad) - Nothjng
Gwalior/Maharajpur AFS - 2x Akash SAM systems
Halwara AFS - 1x Vostok E (Link) and 2x Akash SAM system
Hindon AFS - Nothing at Base; nearby, 1x Green Pine, 1x Master-A, 1x THD-1955 and 2x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM Systems.
Jaisalmer AFS - 1x TR-2215 and 1x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM system.
Jammu/Satwari - 1x Master-T radar
Jamnagar AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM and 1x MRSAM systems
Jodhpur AFS - 1x Tin Shield A, 1x THD-1955 and 1x Akash SAM system.
Leh AFS - 1x SPYDER-MR
Pathankot AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM systems
Phalodi AFS - 3x MRSAM System
Sarsawa AFS - Nil
Sirsa AFS - 2x Akash SAM System
Srinagar AFS - 1x Tin Shield A and 2x Akash SAM systems
Suratgarh AFS - 1x Akash SAM System
Thoise - Nil
Udhampur AFS - 1x SPYDER-MR SAM System
Uttarlai AFS - 2x Akash SAM Systems
Vadodara AFS - 1x Vostok E (Link) and 1x Akash SAM system

Will do the China Border and Other Airbases later.

Indian Airbases with its AD and Radar units - Imgur

I like your positions / distributions, unfortunately I can't / won't help you with correct SAM/radars because I fear I will disclose the ORBAT and a black Omni van will pick me up.

Question,
  • Can you add EW units ?
  • Add Army AD units as well in tandem with AF AD units. Assume Army AD units are deployed close to border & big Army bases.
  • Where is big boy S-400 ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles