INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

FalconZero

Country flag

50 Aircraft Carriers in 16 months...😱😱

BC we are struggling for one in 15 years...😭😭😡😡🤪
Tbh those were of around 10t, our destroyers of Visakhapatnam class are of around 8t displacement. Also, the situation was different war time economy and industry where everything was stake in a way, still a pretty big feat.

pipebomb

Country flag
I think iac1 lifts are 11m wide so technically you can fit amca or f-35(both b & c). AMCA can attain lower approach/stall speed necessary for ac through thrust vector without going for bigger wings & tail surfaces. Eurofighter first suggested this solution for a naval Variant.

But ins vikramaditya is limited by its jugad design.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hey you all, have a look at this new Update:
The Indian Navy will conduct flight trials of Rafale-Maritime fighter at Shore Based Test Facility at #INSHansa in Goa on January 6 onwards as part of its exercise to identify the best warplane for IAC1, Vikrant.
-
Wow, I guess Indian Navy might might But Rafale-M? But If that's so than I guess we will need to modify the Airframe so that it will have foldable Wings.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Interesting to see French offered 8 Rafale B airforce two seater for INs two seater requirement. F-18 is the better pick from fleet utilization PoV. Or the IN could opt for 26 Rafale M single seaters and use IAFs two seaters for training- assuming that's their only purpose.
Considering the RFI specified 8 twin seat(trainers), I guess they had no other choice as they don’t have a twin seat version on the Rafale M.

MonaLazy

modify the Airframe so that it will have foldable Wings.
No mods necessary.. it fits as is. It can do STOBAR ops so the demo at SBTF is also (from that stratpost article) a procedural formality.

Ultimately i think it will boil down to who gives a better deal and throw in the black magic for making a jet engine for good measure.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
No mods necessary.. it fits as is. It can do STOBAR ops so the demo at SBTF is also (from that stratpost article) a procedural formality.

Ultimately i think it will boil down to who gives a better deal and throw in the black magic for making a jet engine for good measure.
Whether modifications will be required or not, well that is the Indian Navy's problem. They probably know what they are doing.

And Anyways Bro with regards to engines, I believe we might go ahead with Rolls Royce. And not Safran to be honest. Rolls Royce has much better experience than Safrans in making aero engines so I will go with Rolls Royce

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles