INS Vikrant Aircraft Carrier (IAC)

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
Thank God, civilian and babu control on mod is so tremendous that , army waala can't do much.
You think Babu control is a good thing ! I feel some bad habits of Babu's has now been imbibed by Armed forces procurement and together they're sinking domestic manufacturing. Utter cluster fk !

Sir pe tapla

Country flag
You think Babu control is a good thing ! I feel some bad habits of Babu's has now been imbibed by Armed forces procurement and together they're sinking domestic manufacturing. Utter cluster fk !
How come? Recently , Mod also refused Indian army procurement request for 400 Athos guns. Looks like corruption in army top brass is more of a problem than current Babudom in Mod. Can't believe I am saying this but in certain situations, our MoD baboos are saving us.

Trololo

Country flag
How come? Recently , Mod also refused Indian army procurement request for 400 Athos guns. Looks like corruption in army top brass is more of a problem than current Babudom in Mod. Can't believe I am saying this but in certain situations, our MoD baboos are saving us.
Agreed. Babus stonewalling the Athos procurement is a good thing. Time to take out the rotten generals who okayed it and tried to scuttle domestic optins.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Indian Navy chief on the need for a 3rd aircraft carrier: "Govt should not be afraid or loathe about the capital expenditure especially if it is an indigenously made platform. It is a massive economic stimulus to the nation."

itsAurea

Country flag
Hello to the person who started this thread. What is the status of this? Was the landing of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier successful? I hope to see some amazing pictures if that is alright with you. :)

pipebomb

Country flag
Yes IMHO building LHDs at CSL could help preserve the skill set they developed during designing and building the IAC-1 until IAC-2 sanctioned.
Well on a second thought building a clone of IAC-1 with bigger lifts might be far more cost effective for IN than procuring 4 LHDs. IAC-1 & its clone can double up as LHDs if needed. IN should go for 4 LPDs instead, of around 10k weight class which frees up money for cash starved submarine arm.

Not only LHDs built in india would lag behind indigenization percentage of IAC-1 clone. But also building follow on IAC-1 clone would help standardization of indigenous systems/parts across IAC-1 and vikky (because its not economically logical to develop systems/parts for a single ship, but if you have three or more its makes a lot of sense).

Indian Navy have to be innovatively PRUDENT if(more precisely when) they have to take on ccp's navy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles