India's Substandard Capabilities

tprop988

MIRV capabilities or not for the Agni-3SL or even the land base Agni-3, our second strike capabilties are limited to only the short range Prithvis and the Agni-1. Only these missiles have been declared operational. After more than a decade of the Agni-2 development,it has not been deployed due to reliability and accuracy issues. Regarding the MIRV part, Indian Nuclear scientists still havent developed the minitiarisation capability to deploy MIRVs. The result has been that we are still limited to the short range ballistic missiles with more than 1000 kg payload capacities. Our sea leg of the nuclear triad projected by the Strategic Command isnt going to be reality until and unless we develop the minitiarisation capability. Our present second strike capabilities are severely handicapped. Even the Pakistani missiles systems supersedes us due to the clandestine help they recieved in their development from the Chinese and the North Koreans.

agentperry

these projects require high technical skills and making them for first time is a very very difficult i know i tried to make gear in my college workshop and though i made it in one go but still that was so difficult. moreover until unless we dont have developed capital machinery we cant make them in a way we like them.

sant

Lot of indian best brains ( creamy layer) are doing third class work like s/w coding. We should bring them to research work .deeply involve indian private companies in defense research field.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles