India's own string of pearls: Sri Lanka, Mauritius, Seychelles and

blueblood

India Relieved as Lankans Stall Rajapaksa's Comeback
By Express News Service

Published: 19th August 2015 03:49 AM

Last Updated: 19th August 2015 03:49 AM

NEW DELHI: With Mahinda Rajapaksa’s return to power being thwarted in the Sri Lankan parliamentary elections, there is relief and quiet satisfaction as New Delhi will only have to deal with Ranil Wickremesinghe as the island nation’s prime minister. Expectation is that this would help create the right environment in meeting India’s main concerns -pushing the reconciliation process and resolving the fishermen issue.

Ranil Wikremensinghe
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was quick to congratulate Wickremesinghe. “Spoke to Mr. Ranil Wickremesinghe and congratulated him on his alliance’s wonderful performance in the elections,” was the message posted on Modi’s twitter account at 7.12 pm.
“Confident that under Mr. Wickremesinghe’s leadership, bilateral ties between India & Sri Lanka will get stronger,” Modi said and congratulated the “people of Sri Lanka on the peaceful conduct of polls”.

The United National Party of Wickremesinghe won 106 seats in the 225-member parliament. With the help of 16 seats of TNA and other constituents, the United National Front for Good Governance (UNFGG) would go past the majority line. The results has given New Delhi relief, since forecast had not been very optimistic.

After taking oath on Wednesday, Wickremesinghe, who has never gone on a foreign visit in the eight-month long government, is likely to choose India as his first foreign port of call.

Soon after winning the Presidential election, Maithripala Sirisena, came to India in March, ahead of visiting China, and Modi also visited Lanka - the first stand-alone visit by an Indian PM in two decades.

New Delhi took special note of Wickremesinghe’s statement made in the afternoon to claim victory for its conciliatory language. “Now it is no longer necessary to be divided as winners and losers. We need to unite as one family to create a new political culture in this country… Let’s build a civilised society, a Government of consensus, a new country,” he said.

Of course, for both Wickremesinghe and Sirisena the next big challenge would be to work quickly to prepare a credible domestic mechanism for a healing hand after years of civil war, ahead of the tabling of the report of the UNHRC in September.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/nat...paksas-Comeback/2015/08/19/article2982153.ece

sabari

If Vietnam has a possibility to buy India weapons, the chance of Taiwan is next to zero:

1. Taiwanese doesn't trust India weapons, if Chinese weapons are still ok, then Indian products are more like joke in their eyes;
2. Taiwanese defence strategy is building around US military intervene, military purchase is kind of protection fees, so they won't buy anything without US nod;
3. The only hope of military aid in potential invasion from Mainland is USA, so they have to make sure their weapon system can work perfectly with US forces, obviously Indian weapons can't do that.
America is not ready to supply new f16 similarly France UK russia if we give them the offer they won't turn down it with out analysis they use it as bar gain tool against america for there f16 we don't even need to sell we just need to make a move which would make the Chinese worry. Sam are 1970 technology .akash was induced army air force so this proofs it is good enaf. does us is ready to sell cruse missile to tiwan to turn down our offer about nirbay missile

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
An island with a porpulation of 350 whose mainstay economically is copra cannot possibly need its infrastructure upgaded in this way for the benefit of its inhabitants, as claimed. ""I THINK"" the purpose of this development is military in nature.
Good morning 🌻

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
The Agegega island with a population of 350 whose mainstay economically is copra and fishing cannot possibly need its infrastructure upgaded in this way for the benefit of its inhabitants, as claimed. I think the purpose of this development is military in nature.
Population is too small , we can employ them there with good enough wages and they may start buisness to support the people stationed there , benefit for both , and impact on nature is minimal , and military role include surveillance too

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That ORF hutiya talking about hypocrisy. Bhai saab works in a Indian think tank and thinks building an outpost is a hypocrisy. I guess I need to start second guessing everything that comes out of ORF from now onwards, for hiring such an incompetent fellow.

I thought ORF giving space to penguin as if he has administrative experience was an aberration, apparently not.

Last edited:

hawwk

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
just center building , cant get whole runway

View attachment 103209
Date ?

Bruv I can also help, It's dark because it's night there I guess.

CONSTRUCTION WORKER HOMES??
View attachment 103206
View attachment 103207

AIR-STRIP
View attachment 103208

using same software that jaljeera used, they all are quite new sat images because it's a flight tracker.

LINK FOR YOUR REFERENCE - https://www.flightradar24.com/-10.37,56.61/14
@mist_consecutive
Flightradar is just pulling images from Google Earth

mokoman

Country flag
Bruv I can also help, It's dark because it's night there I guess.

View attachment 103206
View attachment 103207

AIR-STRIP
View attachment 103208

using same software that jaljeera used, they all are quite new sat images because it's a flight tracker.

LINK FOR YOUR REFERENCE - https://www.flightradar24.com/-10.37,56.61/14
@mist_consecutive
thanks dude , this is same as google maps , which is latest best - from dec 2020.

dont know its showing as dark tho

see

@mist_consecutive , do we have entire island to our selfs , check out buildings in @hawwk s pic

Global Defence

New threads

Articles