India's own AESA Radars....dream to reality

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
There are many aspects of performance. I am not sure what sways IAF one way or the other. But Uttam is based on the Netra's radar and IAF loves the Netra!

Uttam is not based on netra,they use totally different hardware with no commonality...the A2A modes in the uttam is completely new,the only thing it inherits is the brains behind netra and A2G coding experience on the netra platform...

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Uttam is not based on netra,they use totally different hardware with no commonality...the A2A modes in the uttam is completely new,the only thing it inherits is the brains behind netra and A2G coding experience on the netra platform...
Yeah the know how of Netra has been used in Uttam.

airtel

Country flag
Yeah the know how of Netra has been used in Uttam.

The basic Know how would be the same for all the radars .
But softwares of netra and Uttam would be totally different , netra is used on less maneuverable low speed platform while Uttam is designed for highly maneuverable supersonic jets , it's programming would be extremely difficult.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The basic Know how would be the same for all the radars .
But softwares of netra and Uttam would be totally different , netra is used on less maneuverable low speed platform while Uttam is designed for highly maneuverable supersonic jets , it's programming would be extremely difficult.
Yeah, DRDO has changed its programming for supersonic speeds I saw it on an interview of a DRDO scientist. One they complete A2G and Sar modes it will be better than Elta2052 as claimed by DRDO.(pinch of salt in my hands)

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Yeah, DRDO has changed its programming for supersonic speeds I saw it on an interview of a DRDO scientist. One they complete A2G and Sar modes it will be better than Elta2052 as claimed by DRDO.(pinch of salt in my hands)
Not changed but modified,since earlier it was flying on a subsonic platform and now it is flying on LCA Tejas itself....once that is done,it will be a much better radar for integration on Tejas than those radars which are designed for other aircrafts since it is confined with the space Available on Tejas.

ceaserndka

Country flag
Aerodynamics (@Aerodynamic111) Tweeted:
DRDO has invested a lot of money in gallium nitride MMIC development projects and there are plans to set up a state of the art GaN foundry at IISc. It's likely that TR modules of AMCA's radar will use GaN-based solid-state RF amplifiers. GaN MMIC combined with latest LNA tech DRDO has invested a lot of money in gallium nitride MMIC development projects and there are plans to set up a state of the art GaN foundry at IISc. It's likely that TR modules of AMCA's radar will use GaN-based solid-state RF amplifiers. GaN MMIC combined with latest LNA tech
will greatly enhance the detection range (greater than 200km for a 1sqm RCS target). It also eliminates the requirement of a liquid coolant circulation based cooling system. Existing radars in IAF service use traveling wave tube amplifier and slotted waveguide antenna
The bandwidth of these radars is relatively narrow (600-800MHz). More advanced radars such as Uttam and EL/M-2052 have a much wider bandwidth (1-3GHz). A wideband radar using TSA radiating element may have a bandwidth no less than 5 GHz and an enhanced probability of detection
classification and it's much more difficult to jam. The associated wideband/multi-channel MMIC is however very complex and expensive. It is in an early development stage and the technology in question is futuristic. If this radar tech indeed goes to the AMCA,
Aerodynamics
@Aerodynamic111
·
3h
+then the development period is perfectly aligned with the timeline of the aircraft being inducted into the IAF i.e beyond 2032.
Any updates on UTTAM GAllium Nitride radar?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles