India's History

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Hey there guys,

Decided to open this thread to talk about India's rich and varied history. As most of you guys know, India is the home of many epics such as the Ramayana and the Mahabharata and also was the home of the zero (0).

It was host to many great mathematicians, astronomers and philosophers throughout the ages.

This is a thread through which we can share our history and legacy with the world. In fact, viewing the things put up in this thread will increase the knowledge of your own country (for Indians) and increase the understanding of the geo-politics and culture of the region (for non-Indians).

So, go ahead and mingle and discover THE HISTORY OF INDIA...

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
The first series that I'm going to post here is "The Story of India" by Michael Wood which aired on BBC and Discovery Channel. The series provides an outisder's view about India and yet is unbiased and very articulate in expressing the history of the subcontinent throughout the ages.

A must watch I'd say...

A popular internet database has the following comment, which I quote to summarise the contents of the series -

This is the first series by Michael Wood that I see and I really enjoyed watching it. The history of India is certainly so rich that one could do a sixty episodes series as well. Wood has a colloquial style that makes complex subjects attractive. Here he catches the pulse of the Indian history and of the diverse civilizations that succeeded on the sub-continent and brings them to life, filming on site and interviewing people who are not only experts but also survivors, continuators and keepers of the traditions of the different religions and peoples who lived and survived in this huge country. His style is never dry, although a little bit superficial, but in the limits of time he is doing quite well. Even folks who were very little familiar with the subject end by learning some useful information and especially by having their interest open to learn more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles