The Rise of India’s Private Space Sector

Mohitvermaji51

Country flag
The Union cabinet also allowed private companies to use ISRO’s infrastructure, scientific and technical resources, and even data for their space projects, which are approved by IN-SPACe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Dec 03, 2020
Non-Disclosure Agreement signed with M/s Agnikul
Department of Space has today (3rd Dec’2020) entered into a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with M/s Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd, a Chennai based start-up company located in the National Centre for combustion R&D, IITM, Chennai building private small satellite launch vehicle. The agreement is the first one of its kind, the Department has signed after the establishment of IN-SPACe, the authorization and regulatory body under DOS for enabling private players to undertake space activities in India. Under the NDA, the company will be enabled for accessing the facilities and technical expertise available in ISRO centers to proceed with their launch vehicle development program.
The NDA was signed in the presence of Dr. K Sivan, Secretary, DOS/ Chairman, ISRO, and Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi, Director, IIT Madras. Shri R Umamaheswaran, Scientific Secretary, ISRO, was the signatory on behalf of Department of Space for the NDA with M/S Agnikul Cosmos Pvt Ltd. Shri Srinath Ravichandran, CEO, Aginukul signed the NDA on behalf of the company.
Dr K Sivan along with ISRO Centre Directors; Shri S Somanath, Director, VSSC, Dr V Narayanan, Director, LPSC, Shri Sam Dayala Dev, Director, IISU and Shri K Alagavelu, Director, IPRC assured all support to M/s Agnikul for testing and qualifying their launch vehicle.
The event ended with the wishes from the ISRO team to Agnikul for a grand success in their Space endeavor.
Non-Disclosure Agreement Between Department of Space & M/s Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd

Non-Disclosure Agreement Between Department of Space & M/s Agnikul Cosmos Pvt. Ltd

warriorextreme

Country flag

Does anyone else find facial similarity between the guy in first news article & the guy in second news article?

I hope they are not the same.

Note: Please remove this from here if it is not related but found this news interesting & dubious at the same time as name Ajay Galar resulted in no other mentions on scientific communities.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
I don't think space should be penetrated by private sector .
Was watching a video , my worst fears were confirmed when , it became known to me about how the wall street is in lap of chyna since decades, resulting in jobless people in us and increased poverty with minimal job security .
Rss itself is against too much privatisation of any sector in general .
Ultimately , we cannot rein in foreign private corporations , how do you expect the government to rein indian private sector with is baniya mentality .
Private sector must not be allowed to grow beyond a certain point .

Blank

Country flag
Was watching a video , my worst fears were confirmed when , it became known to me about how the wall street is in lap of chyna since decades, resulting in jobless people in us and increased poverty with minimal job security .
Ultimately , we cannot rein in foreign private corporations , how do you expect the government to rein indian private sector with is baniya mentality .
Did you see isros launch schedule? Delays upon delays to the point of frustration. One launch takes months while the rest of the world these days launches on a matter of days. SpaceX star link will make net cheaper plus, for a nation like us. An indigenous starlink will be good. State-owned psus has a limit. Even with isros cheapness, SpaceX and rocketlab is still cheap.

We shouldn't cause limits on innovation. Space sector has been marked as strategic sector this year. I am sure the government knows what you are convey.

So need of doing that. We are going need a lots of rocket launches in the coming years. Need to up the number of military Sat's first.

DerBronzeLord

Country flag
ISRO seems loss path. Private only answer.
What?! Are you high? Go ahead and see if NASA is being privatized. ISRO is not a PSU, but a strategic govt org, necessary for national interests. It needs to be streamlined and made more efficient, yes, but not bloody privatized. Even if it makes a loss, their work and research is useful for our country. Would you privatize DRDO, because they don't give a solid ROI on their investment? In the mood of privatization, don't go around saying that we should privatize everything.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
ISRO seems loss path. Private only answer.
Isro launch timelines are joke.
It has plenty of other things to do as well. From research to arbitrary committee for defence, telecommunication and space corporation.

There have doubled their launch frequency anyway. They are somehow not launching since corona era. More focused on undertaking a human space mission before Modi dada retires.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Public Private Partnership is best.

paulritik09

Country flag
India's IT industry started engaging in this sector in the 1990s.As of 2021, a new Space Activities Bill and a space policy are being drafted by NALSAR Centre for Aerospace and Defense laws to regulate space manufacturing and the legal aspects of the industry in India.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
India's IT industry started engaging in this sector in the 1990s.As of 2021, a new Space Activities Bill and a space policy are being drafted by NALSAR Centre for Aerospace and Defense laws to regulate space manufacturing and the legal aspects of the industry in India.
Paragraph from the article that I wrote on Wikipedia. LOL

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This is great for private space sector.

Agnikul raises 11 million usd .
Agnikul and Skyroot both have raised 11 Million USD.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles