Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
New Indian company called EtherialX

Proposes a larger HLV (much bigger than Delta-IV & Proton-M) with:
24.8 tonnes to LEO
20.8 tonnes to GEO (direct)
6.8 tonnes to TLI (Trans-lunar injection)
Screenshot_20220417-174550_Chrome.jpg

(Screenshot from website)
Later both require a powerful upper-stage which has only been available with US, USSR and China till date and hasn't been realised even by ISRO till date.

And all of this going to be re-usable too!:shock::shock:

Razor Crest Mk-1

Introducing India’s and the world's most powerful partially reusable vertical landing medium-lift launch vehicle yet.
EtherealX Stallion
The EtherealX Razor Crest Mk-1 will house 9 of the most powerful operational liquid rocket engines in all of Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, South America, and Antarctica - Stallion. EtherealX's single Stallion engine will be capable of producing an enormous 925 kilonewtons of thrust, enabling the Razor Crest Mk-1 to carry 20 tonnes to LEO. Making it one of the most powerful to-be operational medium-lift reusable vertical landing launch vehicles ever. Razor Crest will be established as the workhorse of India and will inevitably result in revolutionary beginnings for in-space services and human spaceflight programs.
Thrust
925 kN

Propellant
RP1/LOX

Feed Cycle
Gas Generator

Isp (Sea Level)
~275s-295s

Isp (Vacuum)
~313s-330s

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
New Indian company called EtherialX

Proposes a larger HLV (much bigger than Delta-IV & Proton-M) with:
24.8 tonnes to LEO
20.8 tonnes to GEO (direct)
6.8 tonnes to TLI (Trans-lunar injection)
View attachment 151246
(Screenshot from website)
Later both require a powerful upper-stage which has only been available with US, USSR and China till date and hasn't been realised even by ISRO till date.

And all of this going to be re-usable too!:shock::shock:

Thrust
925 kN

Propellant
RP1/LOX

Feed Cycle
Gas Generator

Isp (Sea Level)
~275s-295s

Isp (Vacuum)
~313s-330s
From Linkden post via NSF:
We are proud to announce our presence through the country's and the world's most powerful partially reusable vertical landing medium-lift launch vehicle yet - The Razor Crest Mk-1. Razor Crest Mk-1 is scheduled tentatively to launch by 2026.

Tuco

Country flag
From Linkden post via NSF:
We are proud to announce our presence through the country's and the world's most powerful partially reusable vertical landing medium-lift launch vehicle yet - The Razor Crest Mk-1. Razor Crest Mk-1 is scheduled tentatively to launch by 2026.
@Indx TechStyle CTO of the said company is here, @Moonlander.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
@Indx TechStyle CTO of the said company is here, @Moonlander.
Oh
@Moonlander
Don't you think that a re-usable HLV in maiden attempt is a bit too much? I mean with no prior experience, what are those things that you assume would succeed you in first attempt (to make a big rocket).
The cost of single launch of an HLV would be exceeding yearly revenue any private space company in India.

Moonlander

Country flag
Oh
@Moonlander
Don't you think that a re-usable HLV in maiden attempt is a bit too much? I mean with no prior experience, what are those things that you assume would succeed you in first attempt (to make a big rocket).
The cost of single launch of an HLV would be exceeding yearly revenue any private space company in India.
It is a big task indeed, we are running like mad dogs to make sure that it is done by 2026 end. As far as i see it there is no sense in linear development of launch vehicles, systems are totally different when we compare them, for sure experience gained by developing a small vehicle will be helpful in designing a big one, thay is what we are using.
It's a mammoth task but someone has to do it, i believe this will encourage other firms who are existing and emerging in same domain to focus on a broader aspect of what truly is needed. I can tell you name of 178 small satellite launch sevice providers but when it comes to medium heavy or heavy we have only 5-6 majority of which are government and the private sector for this class is only emerging in US. If we don't focus on this class now, we will be too late.
And regarding the failure part, i am not afraid to fail, i believe it is much needed part of process. I work on a very simple moto and it have helped me so far, whatever you are doing if success is even least possible outcome, you have to do it.
We are pulling experience from wherever we can, we have people from ISRO, recently we inducted our COO Shubhayu sardar he have 10 years of experience in ISRO and many more are on the way. I believe we will do it

Tuco

Country flag
It is a big task indeed, we are running like mad dogs to make sure that it is done by 2026 end. As far as i see it there is no sense in linear development of launch vehicles, systems are totally different when we compare them, for sure experience gained by developing a small vehicle will be helpful in designing a big one, thay is what we are using.
It's a mammoth task but someone has to do it, i believe this will encourage other firms who are existing and emerging in same domain to focus on a broader aspect of what truly is needed. I can tell you name of 178 small satellite launch sevice providers but when it comes to medium heavy or heavy we have only 5-6 majority of which are government and the private sector for this class is only emerging in US. If we don't focus on this class now, we will be too late.
And regarding the failure part, i am not afraid to fail, i believe it is much needed part of process. I work on a very simple moto and it have helped me so far, whatever you are doing if success is even least possible outcome, you have to do it.
We are pulling experience from wherever we can, we have people from ISRO, recently we inducted our COO Shubhayu sardar he have 10 years of experience in ISRO and many more are on the way. I believe we will do it
I hope that we will get to see the videos of tests and test facilities.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I don't say that gaining medium - heavy lift launch capability isn't important. I'm just asking how you guys are going to do it? Design of launch system, launch-pad, communication (what are you going to use), first payload (you are going to launch), who will fund it (it's feasible if government has approaches you guys to bear the cost). Whether engine has been realised. Whether you guys are going to test small launchers first to gain experience to make a bigger one.

1. You have to make ~1,000 kN engine.
2. You have to make an HLV.
3. You have to make one of world's most powerful upper stages (if have to believe the specifications) you have given. This is something only available with US, Russia, China (you guys are going to make even bigger), ISRO has not been able to do for a decade and has put the PAM&G program in cold storage.

I don't wish to discourage you but my mind just refutes to believe that a private vendor is going to deliver a heavy launcher backed with an upper stage that can throw straight 20 tonnes into GEO directly, is fully re-usable and is going to be delivered by an organisation with no currently flying rockets of its own yet and that even by 2026. It's simply unrealistic. This task is so so humongous that running like anything won't deliver years. Such an advanced project will easily consume enough of time in NASA and probably multiple decades in Russia, China, India & Japan.

Although, most major companies in Indian space industry are capable of delivering anything like Shavit or PSLV-G without government help if provided with proper infrastructure and funding, Razor Crest-I like rockets are at least 20 if not years away from Indian space industry. Gradually, Indian space firms like Bellatrix have realised how difficult arena is and now has switched to incremental growth instead of trying to leap high at once. I will be happy though yet if Ethereal delivers Razor Crest-I on time, that would be a direct competitor to Falcon-9. But seriously it's too optimistic.
Hopefully soon enough, we are building our test facility as of now
What kind of facility? Engine ground testing range or wind tunnel for rocket aerodynamics?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Can someone enlist all the notable private space companies and start ups in India now here at once?

Swesh

https://orbitx.in/atal

ATAL RLS 1 RL- Rocket Capable of Reflight
Presumably first Prototype flight test in 2023

ATAL 1 is a reusable, two-stage rocket is being designed and manufactured by OrbitX for the reliable and safe earth orbital missions and beyond. ATAL 1 is the India's first orbital class reusable rocket. Reusability allows OrbitX to refly the most expensive parts of the rocket.
ATAL 1 reduces the cost of space access!

Swesh

Exseed Space was established in 2017 with a vision to become a leader in Spacecraft Manufacturing. We are developing small satellite platforms with a primary focus on assembly, integration, testing and operation of satellites. Our Focus areas are in 1. Contract Satellite Manufacturing Exseed Space is working towards setting up India's first contract satellite manufacturing facility. Once operational, the facility will cater to the growing global demands of manufacturing Cubesats, Nano-sats & Micro-sats. 2. Communication Satellite Constellations. Exseed Space believes in building and delivering communication services using small satellite constellations. We are focusing on solutions around M2M communications, Vessel tracking & RF signals monitoring from space.

Swesh

Satellize (formerly known as Exseed Space) is the first private Indian company to have a satellite in space. In December 2018, their first satellite was launched into space via SpaceX.[1] They launched their second satellite, AISAT (called ExseedSat-2) for a customer, AMSAT (Radio Amateur Satellite Corporation) India on board the fourth stage of the PSLV-C45.[2]

Swesh

WORLD’S FIRST SPACE BASED
ACTIVE ORBITAL SURVEILLANCE PLATFORM

BUILDING THE BIGGEST CATALOGUE
OF MAN-MADE SPACE OBJECTS EVER KNOWN

Building value on the untracked objects through a constellation of high resolution nano satellites and creating the biggest catalogue of man-made space objects ever known

India's first private SSA(space situation awareness) startup. Aim to provide comprehensive catalogue for space object tracking.

Swesh

Xovian is an Aerospace Company with a vision to provide low-cost sustainable solutions in satellite technologies. The company is backed up with the team of decades of experience in satellite technology.

The Company also conducts Educational and Research-based activities to bridge the innovation gap between industries and educational institutions. Xovian has escalated into the following domains:

CANSAT
Sounding Rockets
High Altitude Balloons
Satellite components manufacturing.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles