The Rise of India’s Private Space Sector

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
yes that was i thought i read from previous post in this or agnikul thread. I got mighty impressed that this tiny rocket could achieve 20 km.
Skyroot's Vikram-S achieved 89 km (almost Earth's orbit) in its first attempt.

Agnibaan though has its own significance of mobile launch, semi cryogenic engine and 3D printed build.

SKC

Country flag
While these new companies are doing some good work, What happened to the one of the earliest Private setup - Team Indus??
They seemed to have simply vanished from the scene!

SKC

Country flag
I think that Agnikul Cosmos will vanish in future. Only Skyroot may achieve something that too by struggling. SpaceX changed everything.
Kinda! true with SpaceX capturing the market at right time with right pricing and products. But still other countries won't sit accepting the leadership of SpaceX.

AnantS

Country flag
I think that Agnikul Cosmos will vanish in future. Only Skyroot may achieve something that too by struggling. SpaceX changed everything.
not necessary, I think these companies may join to form single entity like United Launch Alliance. Agnikul is working with Solids and has also Liquid powered rockets in plan too. Solids assures them plenty of Govt prog Contracts including Defence and ISRO.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Kinda! true with SpaceX capturing the market at right time with right pricing and products. But still other countries won't sit accepting the leadership of SpaceX.
Yeah I mean, even in USA, just because SpaceX is doing things easily, doesn't mean that NASA will yield all monopoly to them. They always wanted 2 parties in launch business. The ULA is horrible with their exorbitant pricing but is necessary and they were allowed to continue because "Not Building Shit=Loss/degradation in Capability". So perpetual running of Industry is necessary. This is applicable to other strategic sectors also. Also a Country Space Agency's missions won't be merely Satellite launches. There would be Scientific Payloads, Human Rated Missions, Military Satellite Launches which are too sensitive to be launched from other Country's Agencies, Exploration Missions etc. Presently the Market is saturated and all these small players will find it difficult to compete in Small Satellite Launches. Skyroot and Agnikul will get further dented when ISRO transfers its small satellite launch vehicle to L&T. So, if they want to be atleast 10% of SpaceX/RocketLab, they need to find the market segment where they can find optimum business. In my opinion, small satellite launch market is saturated. I had some faith in skyroot, maybe they should go for medium lift launch vehicle with 9x engine clustering, because its where we are lacking. Or maybe they can become like "ULA" is to NASA providing manufacturing expertise and services.

SKC

Country flag
Yeah I mean, even in USA, just because SpaceX is doing things easily, doesn't mean that NASA will yield all monopoly to them. They always wanted 2 parties in launch business. The ULA is horrible with their exorbitant pricing but is necessary and they were allowed to continue because "Not Building Shit=Loss/degradation in Capability". So perpetual running of Industry is necessary. This is applicable to other strategic sectors also. Also a Country Space Agency's missions won't be merely Satellite launches. There would be Scientific Payloads, Human Rated Missions, Military Satellite Launches which are too sensitive to be launched from other Country's Agencies, Exploration Missions etc. Presently the Market is saturated and all these small players will find it difficult to compete in Small Satellite Launches. Skyroot and Agnikul will get further dented when ISRO transfers its small satellite launch vehicle to L&T. So, if they want to be atleast 10% of SpaceX/RocketLab, they need to find the market segment where they can find optimum business. In my opinion, small satellite launch market is saturated. I had some faith in skyroot, maybe they should go for medium lift launch vehicle with 9x engine clustering, because its where we are lacking. Or maybe they can become like "ULA" is to NASA providing manufacturing expertise and services.
1712820117376.png

What is this problem with the new members of the forum??

Why don't you read the post to which I made the comment and understand the context??

You have a full paragraph out of context!!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Nonsense, they are not going anywhere after testing engines and realising rockets. Their markets and technology will take time to mature and SpaceX is unrelated thing here since we are talking about quick launch of small satellites for commercial and military roles.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles