India's Current & Future UAVs & UCAVs

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Who told you that SpyLite is by Cyient Solutions? Its a Israeli drone.

But RQ-11 and SpyLite are two different category of drones. Why mix up both?
That's what I was thinking since yesterday's.

Knowitall

Who told you that SpyLite is by Cyient Solutions? Its a Israeli drone.

But RQ-11 and SpyLite are two different category of drones. Why mix up both?
It is a joint venture

It is a joint venture they have a facility in hyderabad so it will be made there mostly and how is the category different.

Knowitall

Read this.

It is clearly mentioned they will be assembled in hyderabad.

Also one company is Indian and the other Israeli.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It is a joint venture

It is a joint venture they have a facility in hyderabad so it will be made there mostly and how is the category different.
Yes. SpyLite might be K9 of Drone. It doesn't make it Indian.

RQ-11 is a lighter UAV at 2 kg which makes it deploy able at Section level. At 9 kg SpyLite is of much heavy category.

Knowitall

Yes. SpyLite might be K9 of Drone. It doesn't make it Indian.

RQ-11 is a lighter UAV at 2 kg which makes it deploy able at Section level. At 9 kg SpyLite is of much heavy category.
Did you read the next article??

They have clearly stated that the army had already rejected the rq-11 drone in favor of the aquilon which is a mini drone made by tata.

Both aquilion by tata and spylite by cyient are mini drones in the same category as rq-11.

Spylite was ordered by the northern command for the Infantry units deployed near the China border and across from Aksai Chin who have long felt a need for a tactical airborne surveillance capability to check for troop movements, border violations and movements along the many supply routes that have emerged over the last decade in the Chinese side. Rq-11 will also he used for the same roles.

All the drones are in the same category all are man-portable and can be carried anywhere and can be deployed in section level.

Spylite is being made in an Indian facility has an Indian company which has spent funds on it will create jobs and infrastructure in India.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Did you read the next article??

They have clearly stated that the army had already rejected the rq-11 drone in favor of the aquilon which is a mini drone made by tata.

Both aquilion by tata and spylite by cyient are mini drones in the same category as rq-11.

Spylite was ordered by the northern command for the Infantry units deployed near the China border and across from Aksai Chin who have long felt a need for a tactical airborne surveillance capability to check for troop movements, border violations and movements along the many supply routes that have emerged over the last decade in the Chinese side. Rq-11 will also he used for the same roles.

All the drones are in the same category all are man-portable and can be carried anywhere and can be deployed in section level.

Spylite is being made in an Indian facility has an Indian company which has spent funds on it will create jobs and infrastructure in India.
Yes, I read this article long back. So I was not replying to the news item which I felt more of an click bait then anything of substance.

But my point is that why every time we jump the gun on every news? In the same news itself it has been mentioned that SpyLite has received order. But now we are crying about why a Indian design (!) was not pushed forward instead of a US one.

Even if we order RQ-11, as I said, it is in different category then SpyLite. So in that category the order would make enough sense.

Knowitall

Yes, I read this article long back. So I was not replying to the news item which I felt more of an click bait then anything of substance.

But my point is that why every time we jump the gun on every news? In the same news itself it has been mentioned that SpyLite has received order. But now we are crying about why a Indian design (!) was not pushed forward instead of a US one.

Even if we order RQ-11, as I said, it is in different category then SpyLite. So in that category the order would make enough sense.
1) The article is not click bait.

2) so by your logic if India has 40 tejas already we shouldn't cry if now the govt goes for f-16?
Just because the govt has ordered the drones doesn't justify bringing an other drone of the same category with a very poor battle record.

3) the category is not different both are of the same category man-portable surveillance drones.

Chinmoy

Country flag
1) The article is not click bait.

2) so by your logic if India has 40 tejas already we shouldn't cry if now the govt goes for f-16?
Just because the govt has ordered the drones doesn't justify bringing an other drone of the same category with a very poor battle record.

3) the category is not different both are of the same category man-portable surveillance drones.
1) I would consider it as one as long as Dinakar Perry writes it and Manu Pubby endorse it. As of now no confirmation from AeroVironment.

1594713693259.png

This is what Bluebird published. So untill I see anything like this in AeroVironment, I'd take it as click bait. Can't help.

2) There is one specific reason why I don't post. This is one such point. Since this is not a Tejas thread, I am not going to respond it. But I would ask you to bring it F-15 or F-18 against Su30 next time.

3) For you there might be no difference in carrying a load of 2 kg and 9 kg on your back. But I am sure the soldiers on a foot patrol would mind this difference. Further lets not forget the other soldier who would be carrying the launching rail. So yes, in a SECTION which comprises of 10 to 12 soldiers, these two UAVs would sure make a difference.

Knowitall

1) I would consider it as one as long as Dinakar Perry writes it and Manu Pubby endorse it. As of now no confirmation from AeroVironment.

View attachment 52997

This is what Bluebird published. So untill I see anything like this in AeroVironment, I'd take it as click bait. Can't help.

2) There is one specific reason why I don't post. This is one such point. Since this is not a Tejas thread, I am not going to respond it. But I would ask you to bring it F-15 or F-18 against Su30 next time.

3) For you there might be no difference in carrying a load of 2 kg and 9 kg on your back. But I am sure the soldiers on a foot patrol would mind this difference. Further lets not forget the other soldier who would be carrying the launching rail. So yes, in a SECTION which comprises of 10 to 12 soldiers, these two UAVs would sure make a difference.
1) Your 1st point is useless since you won't believe anything from these sources or you want a source from a website of your choosing.

You are free to believe that I already provided you with links of economic times hindustan times flight global and livefist.

But since you only believe things from one source there's nothing I can do not my problem.

2) yea the su-30 has an equal chance of winning your point?

3) soldiers will also mind the fact that they are carrying a drone which has failed miserably in other combat areas and in fact it was so bad that the other user wanted to return it.

More weight is acceptable if it results in greater performance.

Chinmoy

Country flag
1) Your 1st point is useless since you won't believe anything from these sources or you want a source from a website of your choosing.

You are free to believe that I already provided you with links of economic times hindustan times flight global and livefist.

But since you only believe things from one source there's nothing I can do not my problem.

2) yea the su-30 has an equal chance of winning your point?

3) soldiers will also mind the fact that they are carrying a drone which has failed miserably in other combat areas and in fact it was so bad that the other user wanted to return it.

More weight is acceptable if it results in greater performance.
1) Yeah. First point is useless as far as there is no official confirmation from parties involved. Our media in past also published about "opened hatch in nuke sub", "athos deal". So yeah I would only believe my sources which are BTW OEM of the said items.

2) No, my point is SpyLite is as much Indian as Su30.

3) The news item which quoted Ukraine specifically mentioned the RQ-11 failing in ELINT role. Now if we are purchasing it, would we deploy it in ELINT role or simple Video surveillance role? You got any info on that?

Knowitall

1) Yeah. First point is useless as far as there is no official confirmation from parties involved. Our media in past also published about "opened hatch in nuke sub", "athos deal". So yeah I would only believe my sources which are BTW OEM of the said items.

2) No, my point is SpyLite is as much Indian as Su30.

3) The news item which quoted Ukraine specifically mentioned the RQ-11 failing in ELINT role. Now if we are purchasing it, would we deploy it in ELINT role or simple Video surveillance role? You got any info on that?
No official confirmation?? it has already been confirmed.

2) yea and that is much better than bringing a foreign equipment which will be made outside.
And that was not your point why did you bring f-15 and f-18 in the argument.

3) you must read more and not just one article.

The drone can be hacked easily it can be jammed easily its video feed can be hacked so that they end up displaying their own position their range is less.

Why should we buy such a useless drone especially when it comes at such a steep price.

Chinmoy

Country flag
No official confirmation?? it has already been confirmed.

2) yea and that is much better than bringing a foreign equipment which will be made outside.
And that was not your point why did you bring f-15 and f-18 in the argument.

3) you must read more and not just one article.

The drone can be hacked easily it can be jammed easily its video feed can be hacked so that they end up displaying their own position their range is less.

Why should we buy such a useless drone especially when it comes at such a steep price.
1) 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ This happens when people stop reading & understand basic things.

2) Stop crying about SpyLite being an Indian platform. Just that.

3) Ecuador stopped using ALH terming it as below par. So let's stop using it too. Why just us, do ask Israel, Maldives, Peru to stop using it. Oh wait, did they too complained about it? I don't know. Please enlighten me.

Knowitall

1) 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ This happens when people stop reading & understand basic things.

2) Stop crying about SpyLite being an Indian platform. Just that.

3) Ecuador stopped using ALH terming it as below par. So let's stop using it too. Why just us, do ask Israel, Maldives, Peru to stop using it. Oh wait, did they too complained about it? I don't know. Please enlighten me.
1) foolish rant you asked for proof I gave you the proof but it seems you cannot understand that the deal has indeed happened.

2) It is a JV so I shall call it that unlike you I tend to look at things as they are and not spew nonsense.

3) lmao there is no dearth of foolish arguments by you your beloved rq-11 is a junk and will remain a junk.

The Indian army has rejected rq-11 themselves god knows what you are rambling about.

The drone failed and the company wanted the GQSR to be diluted didn't happen they were kicked out of the competition.

Come back with a proper argument if you have any.

Chinmoy

Country flag
1) foolish rant you asked for proof I gave you the proof but it seems you cannot understand that the deal has indeed happened.

2) It is a JV so I shall call it that unlike you I tend to look at things as they are and not spew nonsense.

3) lmao there is no dearth of foolish arguments by you your beloved rq-11 is a junk and will remain a junk.

The Indian army has rejected rq-11 themselves god knows what you are rambling about.

The drone failed and the company wanted the GQSR to be diluted didn't happen they were kicked out of the competition.

Come back with a proper argument if you have any.

Revisit this thread again. Look at the screenshot I've given. Then let's decide who is foolish.

I am not saying that IA is going to purchase RQ-11 & I've given enough reason for that. If your thick brain has not been able to comprehend that, it's not my fault.
As for under what circumstance IA might again look into its purchase, I've again given my point of view. But I m sure that your brain might have again not registered those facts.

Spend some years in field, you might realise many things.

Knowitall

You seem to be lacking it totally.

You said I don't believe in random reports so I showed you the official tweet by the company that the order has indeed has been given.

But being the fool you are you wouldnt understand it.

Then you claimed the drone is 2kg of a different category I proved you wrong they are of the same category and are applying for the same tender.

But as always you couldn't understand.

Then I showed you the various problems faced by the drones so you clutched to useless arguments like about ecuador and how one Ukraine experience doesn't matter.

So I finally provided you the proof that the army itself has rejected it.

But the lack of simple reading skills once again prevents you from understanding anything.

But yea go ahead and keep barking nonsense.

Chinmoy

Country flag
You seem to be lacking it totally.

You said I don't believe in random reports so I showed you the official tweet by the company that the order has indeed been given.

But being the fool you are you wouldnt understand it.

Then you claimed the drone is 2kg of a different category I proved you wrong they are of the same category and are applying for the same tender.

But as always you couldn't understand.

Then I showed you the various problems faced by the drones so you clutched to useless arguments like about ecuador.

So I finally provided you the proof that the army itself has rejected it.

But the lack of simple reading skills once again prevents you from understanding anything.

But yea go ahead and keep barking nonsense.
Let me give you a summary of what has gone in between us in last few posts.

First you said that SpyLite is indigenous system which I categorically pointed out that it's not. SpyLite is manufactured by bluebird. This JV is nothing more then a hogwash. SpyLite has accumulated more then 10k sorties. Now no way these sorties been undertaken with Cyient technology for sure.

Next I said that the news of RQ-11 purchase is nothing more then a clickbait for me and there I've shared the screenshot of bluebird.com(OEM of SpyLite). Bluebird categorically declared in their website that they have received order from IA for SpyLite which I even highlighted. Did AvroVironment (OEM of RQ-11) declared any deal with IA? Did IA spokes person anywhere mentioned such a deal?
You have shared a tweet of Cyient tech and termed me foolish by giving me proof of something which I already gave.

IA rejected RQ-11 over SpyLite because range wise, payload wise, endurance wise SpyLite is much superior to RQ-11. But after Galwan incident I'd not be surprised if IA again fall back for RQ-11. RQ-11 is a much smaller UAV which could be carried in a backpack and could be launched from hand of the operator. As opposite to that, SpyLite is a much heavier system & requires a special rail system to launch. It means that a small SECTION (10/12 person) patrol party would find RQ-11to be more practical in field then a SpyLite. Ukraine has not fielded SpyLite & no where it is written that it can't be jammed.

My point is, no where I am saying RQ-11 to be superior to SpyLite. But bringing in one news item again and again which is not even related to us is doing justice to the system.
As of now, I am taking this news of RQ-11 acquisition to be nothing more then a click bait. But if IA goes for its acquisition, I could relate to their logic.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
For the sake of thread the argument of RQ 11 and SpyLite's need to be stopped, or I will ask moderator's to create a separate thread of for the discussion, the decision is your's.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles