India's Current & Future UAVs & UCAVs

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Its not about money. Trust me. Our bureaucracy has a lot of honey trapped people. And promised safe haven in the west if shit hits the fan. Its an deliberate attempt at not letting the domestic industry grow. The private sector can give bribe money too. They can. But it's about wrecking our capability. Playing musical chairs with defence ministry helps these bureaucrats
Yes you’re right it never was about money west doesn’t want our millitary industrial complex to grow,give autonomy to our Foreign policy,Increase our FOREX reserves and create jobs in India that’s why they’ve planted some bureaucrats,NGOs and politicians in our system to hinder the progress of our MIC

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DRDDO is trying to to develop an unmanned variant of Tejas and LCH , Unmanned platforms are better than Manned ones In my opinion Lockheed Martin and Boeing are working on unmanned 6th Generation Fighters they have already showcased a 5th Generation drone, and Flown a Pilotless F16

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
This is absurd mate, looks like atmanirbhar bharat is just going to be a slogan.

Google search throws many candidates. Here is one. But not sure how genuine they are.
The companies need to come forward and offer heir products at no cost and bear expenses for the trails... No one mounts a green horn into a battle... rants are of no use..

We are not Switzerland where we can try out prototypes and then version one through ten to market products.. we in in the business of fighting wars... We do not have a Military Industrial complex meant for export and market... There is only one user here and all guys just wish to f***k them...

Prove the credentials and participate in competition. If there is a competitive system in the country even for constructing a village road where even the Chinese can also participate why does one want Armed Forces as their captive slaves.. ?? Have not the Defense Forces suffered enough at the hand of state agencies who claim them as their propriety and push down their throat a dunda in the name of rifle for 25 years.. people have been killed because of that but who cares.....

Last edited:

Tuco

Country flag
UCAV for India! According to reports, decks for procurement of 30 Sea Guardians at over $3 Bln is finally cleared (by MoD) . Hoping to get official statement or confirmation soon.
Wait what 3 billion dollars! wtf if that amount is allotted for spending on R&D Ghatak will be operational in couple of years. If it would have been earlier we could have had them in at-least LSP. Even AMCA has not received so much funding yet.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Wait what 3 billion dollars! wtf if that amount is allotted for spending on R&D Ghatak will be operational in couple of years. If it would have been earlier we could have had them in at-least LSP. Even AMCA has not received so much funding yet.
What if India gives three millions to some DODO and by the time the DODOs fart the Chinese are in Pathnkot... ??

Tell us what have to offer now,,,,

Tuco

Country flag
The companies need to come forward and offer heir products at no cost and bear expenses fir the trails... No one mounts a green horn into a battle... rants are of no use..

We are not Switzerland where we can try out prototypes and then version one through ten to fight wars... We do not have a Milititary Industrail complex meant for export and market... There is only one user here and all guys just wish to f***k them...

Prove the credentials and participate in competition. If there is a competitive system in the country even for constructing a village road where even the Chinese can also participate why does one want Armed Forces as their captive slaves.. ?? Have not the Defense Forces suffered enough at the hand of state agencies who claim them as their propriety..
Off course we are not Switzerland, but we spend billions of dollars on imports they do not. Tonbo has done that sold there products in other nations including USA, they are literally crying for orders also in some cases they have not received payments for orders they have already fulfilled. Rants are the only thing that are left for us to do now. If we go by your logic every year Chinese come and sit on our border we will be repeating the same things heck we did emergency shopping after Balakot too, and this will only increase in the future. What has improved from the times of Kargil war? then we started knocking on the doors of Russia and Israel for arms we are still doing the same.

Isn't the shows like Aero India Def expo.. platforms for the start ups to show case there product. Has army taken interest and asked for the demo? Are you saying that companies charge the users for demo trials? I am hearing this for the first time.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Its not about money. Trust me. Our bureaucracy has a lot of honey trapped people. And promised safe haven in the west if shit hits the fan. Its an deliberate attempt at not letting the domestic industry grow. The private sector can give bribe money too. They can. But it's about wrecking our capability. Playing musical chairs with defence ministry helps these bureaucrats
And what makes one think that DODOs. DPSUs and OFB walas are not honet trapped? Or they are of special category .... :frown:

Are you suggesting the DPSU managers, OFB babus and DODO scientists do not have their kith and kins in USA and West? Or they are not involved with private industry or they are not involved in marketing activities ??

OFB and DPSUs have been the biggest block and obstacle in the way of any private defense Industry gowning in India... ask private industry to make guns and they will do the needful like L&T supplying 100 guns in two years but OFB sitting on six guns over four years....
The day is not far when Defense Forces will openly revolt against these Defense vultures.. Enough of it..

Tuco

Country flag
What if India gives three millions to some DODO and by the time the DODOs fart the Chinese are in Pathnkot... ??

Tell us what have to offer now,,,,
Yeah lol if you expect uss enterprise from those 3 million dollars well .. what can one say. If we are buying limited number of predator drones for the current war as you are saying, What kind of advantage will that give us against China who has good air defense systems. Can we achieve air superiority over China to facilitate the use of drones.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Off course we are not Switzerland, but we spend billions of dollars on imports they do not. Tonbo has done that sold there products in other nations including USA, they are literally crying for orders also in some cases they have not received payments for orders they have already fulfilled. Rants are the only thing that are left for us to do now. If we go by your logic every year Chinese come and sit on our border we will be repeating the same things heck we did emergency shopping after Balakot too, and this will only increase in the future. What has improved from the times of Kargil war? then we started knocking on the doors of Russia and Israel for arms we are still doing the same.

Isn't the shows like Aero India Def expo.. platforms for the start ups to show case there product. Has army taken interest and asked for the demo? Are you saying that companies charge the users for demo trials? I am hearing this for the first time.
I only know one thing = Tonbo has not been banned from participation in bidding and tendering. Nor can Tonbo claim any special privileges in getting orders.

I also know that neither soldiers not generals are involved in procurement and financial management of MoD. None of them are against Tonbo and why should they be.
Soldiers and Generals do not invite or manipulate Chinese intrusions or Kargils or Balakot but when ordered to do that thy need the wherewithal rather than long lectures on Atmanirbhrta, economics, DRDO capabilities, industrialization etc. USA did not send their forces in WWI to promote Industrialization but it was their participation which in turn spurred and promoted USA embarking on such a massive industrialization..

A soldiers need a system to protect his motherland and not surrender his mother to look after interests of an indigenous pundit..

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Yeah lol if you expect uss enterprise from those 3 million dollars well .. what can one say. If we are buying limited number of predator drones for the current war as you are saying, What kind of advantage will that give us against China who has good air defense systems. Can we achieve air superiority over China to facilitate the use of drones.
But giving three millions to some DRDO lab is not the solution of to problem at hand.. DRDO was tasked to make that twenty years ago and they have already gulped down many millions.. what you are suggesting is extortion in the name of War..

Our logic can not be so cockade/// These guys are let down .. Forces can not be ...

Rajaraja Chola

Country flag
And what makes one think that DODOs. DPSUs and OFB walas are not honet trapped? Or they are of special category .... :frown:

Are you suggesting the DPSU managers, OFB babus and DODO scientists do not have their kith and kins in USA and West? Or they are not involved with private industry or they are not involved in marketing activities ??

OFB and DPSUs have been the biggest block and obstacle in the way of any private defense Industry gowning in India... ask private industry to make guns and they will do the needful like L&T supplying 100 guns in two years but OFB sitting on six guns over four years....
The day is not far when Defense Forces will openly revolt against these Defense vultures.. Enough of it..
Lol. Don't even get me started on L&T. Will you set an factory for 100 cars? L&T was promised further orders just like how we ordered t90 and mki in batches and guess what, they are going to sit idle atleast for the next 2 years after their delivery. The so called next orders haven't even cleared DAC. They have started to moan already.

Another is L&T Kattupalli shipyard churning out boats like flies. Even Navy officials were impressed with their capabilities and its now the only shipyard other than Mazdaon Docks capable of building subs. But other than Coast Guards, they havent received single naval ships orders.

I didn't talk of OFB officials or their quality here. My post is specifically about how private companies are shortchanged. They are asked to develop products, which they do, ask them to show in Aero India, Defexpo etc for photo ops and then forgotten. First the user should call for trials or create an competition for the companies to participate in. Or else they shouldn't ask companies to develop UAVs and stuff unless asked. When established companies like LT, Tata, Mahindra, Kalyani, Tonbo, MKU are crying what's the hope for small start ups?
So first ask the Govt and MoD bureaucrats to test those products. Testing doesn't come free, govt has to allocate some budget for that too. After testing, a tender, RFi, rfp, DAC, finance, CCS etc. No start up can survive that long in Indian parlance. When these fock tards plan to import basic Quad copters even when basic coll.kids can do an Arduino boards when Indian companies are available tells the story. I squarely blame the govt for this.

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lol. Don't even get me started on L&T. Will you set an factory for 100 cars? L&T was promised further orders just like how we ordered t90 and mki in batches and guess what, they are going to sit idle atleast for the next 2 years after their delivery. The so called next orders haven't even cleared DAC. They have started to moan already.

Another is L&T Kattupalli shipyard churning out boats like flies. Even Navy officials were impressed with their capabilities and its now the only shipyard other than Mazdaon Docks capable of building subs. But other than Coast Guards, they havent received single naval ships orders.

I didn't talk of OFB officials or their quality here. My post is specifically about how private companies are shortchanged. They are asked to develop products, which they do, ask them to show in Aero India, Defexpo etc for photo ops and then forgotten. First the user should call for trials or create an competition for the companies to participate in. Or else they shouldn't ask companies to develop UAVs and stuff unless asked. When established companies like LT, Tata, Mahindra, Kalyani, Tonbo, MKU are crying what's the hope for small start ups?
So first ask the Govt and MoD bureaucrats to test those products. Testing doesn't come free, govt has to allocate some budget for that too. After testing, a tender, RFi, rfp, DAC, finance, CCS etc. No start up can survive that long in Indian parlance. When these fock tards plan to import basic Quad copters even when basic coll.kids can do an Arduino boards when Indian companies are available tells the story. I squarely blame the govt for this.
Dont worry the extra orders for vajra are in advance talk.

Tuco

Country flag

Kalyani ULH is another test case asked to be developed by the army lets see how things end up for them.

Tuco

Country flag
I only know one thing = Tonbo has not been banned from participation in bidding and tendering. Nor can Tonbo claim any special privileges in getting orders.

I also know that neither soldiers not generals are involved in procurement and financial management of MoD. None of them are against Tonbo and why should they be.
Soldiers and Generals do not invite or manipulate Chinese intrusions or Kargils or Balakot but when ordered to do that thy need the wherewithal rather than long lectures on Atmanirbhrta, economics, DRDO capabilities, industrialization etc. USA did not send their forces in WWI to promote Industrialization but it was their participation which in turn spurred and promoted USA embarking on such a massive industrialization..

A soldiers need a system to protect his motherland and not surrender his mother to look after interests of an indigenous pundit..
Whats wrong if Indian companies get some preferential treatment, provided they meet all critical requirements. We all want our soldiers to comeback healthy and alive I do not think any of us who argues for Indian systems think otherwise. There are CAG reports that say that SPIKE ATGM failed few times during trials, BAE ULH had barrel problems but still they are in service. Says if ATAGS face similar problem will it be treated in a similar way. Also you are arguing that army plays no role in procurement then where does the government get the requirements from. Who tests those articles and give recommendations. Our boys should get best in class no arguments there but my point is we should buy low tech articles, if its available, from Indian companies only like Micro UAV's the one we are buying from USA right now.

Chandragupt Maurya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Buying weapons from Foreign puts our external security and Independent Foreign Policy at risk as well so sometimes it’s ok to compromise slightly on specifications to help local MIC

ARVION

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Buying weapons from Foreign puts our external security and Independent Foreign Policy at risk as well so sometimes it’s ok to compromise slightly on specifications to help local MIC
The L & T is already on the move from MALE To HALE Uav's, Vajra's spin off's into SPG's, FRCV Tank's, MGS and MBRL's to FICV contender's and most importantly's Area defense's AAA Gun's.

Chinmoy

Country flag

I was talking about this.

Why are we wasting our money elsewhere when we already have homemade solutions.
Who told you that SpyLite is by Cyient Solutions? Its a Israeli drone.

But RQ-11 and SpyLite are two different category of drones. Why mix up both?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles