India's Biological Warfare counter capability

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I will begin my comment with two parts; the first part discusses the ongoing pandemic as a potential form of hybrid economic-biological warfare. The second part is India's ability to retaliate using non-nuclear mass destructive weapons if things get crazy in the Himalayas.

1) Theory that the ongoing pandemic is a quasi-biological war with a controlled, lower threshold

At the risk of sounding as if I may be bashing a particular country, I would like to highlight that the world is under a quasi-biological invasion already by that one country. Just like India's invention of the COLD START doctrine, to operate within the shadow of, but not in, a nuclear warfare situation, the start of COVID-19 seems to be very much a COLD START for biological warfare. Using biohazardous material to advance an economic agenda is something very new to the global military / economic warfare and the world has gotten to see it first hand. It is severe enough for 160 countries to close their borders and seal all their international trading and economic activities, at the same time, not severe enough to warrant a combined retaliation against the perpetrator country.

The initial theory worldwide was that the summer heat would kill the virus. This theory was dispelled when infection rates started climbing in extremely hot countries like the UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc. where average summer temperature is around 50 degrees. Can anyone here tell me, what sort of naturally occurring virus exists that spreads so fast, kills so fast and then survives through all weather conditions?

The coronavirus strain was identified and defined in the 70s and it has been thriving around the world for quite some time. And yet, this one particular strain, never found before, just happened to rampage through the entire world in a matter of weeks, sending millions of people into hospitals and lakhs more to their deaths.

If this isn't a form of quasi-biological warfare, I don't know what is.

2) India's biological warfare capabilities and BTWC
Coming back to the topic of India's biological warfare capabilities, it is widely known that our foolish and egoistic policymakers were goaded into signing the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC) agreement blinded by their idealism. That too in 1974, when we had not developed our nuclear weapons.

The NTI puts our defensive biological warfare capabilities as 'advanced', along with our ability to modify it for offensive usage.

But due to the lack of information available publicly, it is difficult to know how ready we are to use biological weapons as a precursor warning of sorts to nuclear strikes in case Indian territory is compromised in an unacceptable way.

Global Defence

Articles