Indians' view of Pakistan and Pakistanis

• Maybe some part of Indian Kashmir could join Pakistan after negotiation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan only want Indian part of Kashmir back and they do not hate Indians

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fighter

"ONLY FOR INDIANS"

I want to know how you guys feel about pakistan as country and pakistani people.

PLEASE VOTE HONESTLY IN THE POLL

This is how i predicted before the poll started.

The poll 1 to 4
Most votes on 3 i would have guessed 4

The poll 5 to 6
All votes on 5 i would have guessed 6 or no votes at all

The poll 7 to 8
Its 50/50 so i can accept that.

The poll 9 to 10
All votes on 10 i would have guessed most votes on 9

geoatpenn

Country flag
i have a good friend from lahore.. but when dealing with them in general i am highly cautious.. cant trust them completely.. period

i have never seen a bunch of people who absolutely refuse to think logically

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
Never met one personally however spoke to some on forums and found some of them to be quite level-headed while i was there.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I personally don't have any ill will against any Pakistanis. I have met many a Pakistanis in US and Italy and has got along well with them without any hatred towards them despite the bloody history between India and Pakistan. So far, I'm yet to encounter a bad Pakistani in real life although I have encountered many of them on Internet who have nothing but vicious hatred anything Indian.

On the other hand, I hate Pakistani establishment especially the Pakistani Army and ISI for their unhindered direct support to terrorism directed against the people of India, the latest being Mumbai attacks (the list is very long if I had to elaborate). It has been very well documented in International news and local Pakistani news that Pakistan is a net exporter of Terrorism not only to India but also many other western countries. Pakistani establishment protects many of the terrorist groups like LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammad, HuJi and its leaders who direct the terrorism against India and its people.

Because of the frankenstein monsters that it has created in the form of Taliban, LeT, Lashar-e-Janghvi etc etc, they are all coming back to bite in the ass of Pakistan and now Pakistan and its population are stewing in their own mess they have made for themselves. I believe Pakistan now has nowhere to go as the chickens with the ugly heads have come home to roost and they are making Pakistan pay for their sins that they have perpetrated against innocent people.

Fighter

Is it true that Indians hate pakistan mostly because of partition and terrorism.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Fighter some of the poll option are rubbish.
Under any circumstances how can anyone talk about giving IOK to Pakistan. This is never going to happen. Any goverment doing so will never get re-elected.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
If you speak about common(genral) Indian public, they hate Pakistan, its establishment and its people equally.
Many of time even I regared it as irrational.

Fighter

Fighter some of the poll option are rubbish.
Under any circumstances how can anyone talk about giving IOK to Pakistan. This is never going to happen. Any goverment doing so will never get re-elected.
Which ones are rubbish

Fighter

I personally don't have any ill will against any Pakistanis. I have met many a Pakistanis in US and Italy and has got along well with them without any hatred towards them despite the bloody history between India and Pakistan. So far, I'm yet to encounter a bad Pakistani in real life although I have encountered many of them on Internet who have nothing but vicious hatred anything Indian.

On the other hand, I hate Pakistani establishment especially the Pakistani Army and ISI for their unhindered direct support to terrorism directed against the people of India, the latest being Mumbai attacks (the list is very long if I had to elaborate). It has been very well documented in International news and local Pakistani news that Pakistan is a net exporter of Terrorism not only to India but also many other western countries. Pakistani establishment protects many of the terrorist groups like LeT, Jaish-e-Mohammad, HuJi and its leaders who direct the terrorism against India and its people.

Because of the frankenstein monsters that it has created in the form of Taliban, LeT, Lashar-e-Janghvi etc etc, they are all coming back to bite in the ass of Pakistan and now Pakistan and its population are stewing in their own mess they have made for themselves. I believe Pakistan now has nowhere to go as the chickens with the ugly heads have come home to roost and they are making Pakistan pay for their sins that they have perpetrated against innocent people.
You should believe them you meet in real life not them on the internet, they mostly just want trouble.

Oh no now you wont believe me .

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Indians hate Pak because of terrorism and the fact that Pak has started 4 wars against India. Pak can't live in peace.....they don't understand the language of peace and diplomacy. Laatoh ke bhoot baaton se nahi mantey.......The searing hatred in their hearts for Indians encouraged by decades of state propaganda has turned them into bloodthirsty beasts intent on seeing the destruction of India. You can't reason with such people, all you can do is help them achieve their goal of attaining jannat.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
You should believe them you meet in real life not them on the internet, they mostly just want trouble.

Oh no now you wont believe me .
I believe the people I met in real life, if they are good. But, that doesn't come in anyway in my hatred towards Pakistani army establishment.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
If common Pakistanis like Ajmal Kasab can so easily be indoctrinated to kill hundreds of Indian civilians, what kind of distinction are we drawing here between Pak civilians and the "establishment"? There's hardly any difference, except varying levels of indoctrination and fanaticism.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
I chose "We should take back Pakistani part of Kashmir and Northern Areas" option because this part is being used by Pakistan and China to transit nuclear weapons, military supplies etc. We need to cut-off those links because China is trying to encircle India and using Pakistan as a pawn to keep India busy with terrorism related security problems so that India is not in a position to pose a competition to China's regional and global ambitions.

Another reason for taking PoK back is to dismantle all the terrorist infrastructure which is directed against India by the way of training terrorists and cross-border infiltration.

Fighter

I believe the people I met in real life, if they are good. But, that doesn't come in anyway in my hatred towards Pakistani army establishment.
I like that . At least you distinguish between the two things.

It becomes dangerous when one doesnt. (Like the talibans)

Fighter

If common Pakistanis like Ajmal Kasab can so easily be indoctrinated to kill hundreds of Indian civilians, what kind of distinction are we drawing here between Pak civilians and the "establishment"? There's hardly any difference, except varying levels of indoctrination and fanaticism.
You are so wrong

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I chose "We should take back Pakistani part of Kashmir and Northern Areas" option because this part is being used by Pakistan and China to transit nuclear weapons, military supplies etc. We need to cut-off those links because China is trying to encircle India and using Pakistan as a pawn to keep India busy with terrorism related security problems so that India is not in a position to pose a competition to China's regional and global ambitions.

Another reason for taking PoK back is to dismantle all the terrorist infrastructure which is directed against India by the way of training terrorists and cross-border infiltration.
They'll just move the infrastructure elsewhere. Taking PoK back cannot be a long term solution. The only long term solution can be a total collapse of the Pak state, and it's subsequent remodelling by India on the basis of a secular, modern and progressive Muslim country like Turkey. That way Pakistan can still exist, but will no longer be a headache for its neighbours.

Fighter

Permanent or temporary.?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Fighter,

other than the internet, i happen to see “meena bazar” and “sunday lounge” (hope i got the names right) on ptv home occasionally which gives a better glimpse of the mindsets of pakistanis and have got to say that till then i had a lot of misconceptions about pakistanis since till then all my views were based on hate mongers on various pakistani forums. as for our internet counter parts on pakistani forums, one assumes they are mostly young in their teens who really are far away from reality and even in this heap of hatred one can find some sensible pakistanis even in the worst of places.

there is a section in pakistan which has the courage of calling a spade a spade and they do not even get dithered or discouraged by the mighty pakistan army. sadly though, from the looks of it this section is a rather small one which i assume are mostly seen as traitors in their own country, which if true is extremely sad. i am of the firm view, if these people are to take center stage with complete awam backing then indo-pak relations would see a high like none before and our disputes would give way to a better future, where in our two countries could be the best of friends.

it quite clearly seems pakistanis are obsessed with the “k” word and that if true is a recipe for disaster because no way will india give another inch of land in kashmir to pakistan so people there need to get realistic and accept the reality as it stands today. a recipe of disaster because this very point could turn out to be another war flash point where in nuclear weapons could be used. the reasonable solution will be loc gets accepted as the international border with kashmiris on both sides allowed to more freely and they be allowed to get on with their lives.

till the time pakistanis can keep to themselves i am fine with a united pakistan but if they continue with their anti india activities then pakistan needs to be divided with pok joining the indian republic, and baluchistan either being independent or joining the iranian republic and nwfp afghanistan.

indians or at least i have nothing against the people and the civilian government of pakistan but it is the pakistan establishment comprising of pak army and isi who are the real villains and sadly they are seen as heroes in their country. these people have literally taken pakistanis for a ride may be because of certain insecurity which might be true on ground to a certain extent but still it was the biggest mistake of pakistan to allow these people to take center stage where even when there is a civilian government, it is them who run the real show from behind the doors. i would not have problems even with the pak army had they not set the agenda of “hate india”, an agenda because of which no one in their country can challenge them. there are also bigger powers at play which in no way want to see strong indo-pak relations and side by side certain vested interests in both our countries whose shops only run when our relations are at its worst, these are the interests we have to over come to have a better future, but why blame them when the real culprits are we ourselves who let these powers and vested interests take center stage.

trade wise our two countries have a great future and if we can wake up to it then i am sure our people who live below the poverty line by millions would have that many more opportunities to have better lives, and if we can get along on this front then because of our historic ties there will be a bond which will be unbreakable. the relations of our two countries have to be based on economics where the common man benefits and the change for the better should not be too far off.

pakistan of the 70s and 80s used to pride it self of being ahead of us in most fields, but can the same be said today. it is a shame pakistan has had a fall like this but this also tells if all done well, pakistan has a good future. the real culprit for pakistan was zia who changed the course of pakistan forever and in the same time india built institutions after institutions which are bearing fruits for us. as i see pakistan today, its a case of missed opportunities with some highly incompetent people running the show for them which is the pak army and the isi who in fact should have nothing to do with running of the affairs of that country, the day pakistan can rectify this problem, things should change for better for pakistan. all the best for that.

PS:Fighter, welcome to DFI, please go ahead and give your introduction and give us a chance to formally welcome you. thanks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles