Indians inferior; Modi must not visit Arunachal: Chinese media article

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

Two days before Modi's arrival in China, the article was published on Tuesday in the Communist Party of China (CPC) organ People's Daily-run, Global Times newspaper. It claimed New Delhi could pull down bilateral ties to the level of "vicious competition" and that India was trying to exploit the opportunities of economic development created by China in South Asia.

The opinion piece was written by Hu Zhiyong with the respected Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences. It cannot be assumed that this savagely critical opinion is universally held in the corridors of power in Beijing but the texture and timing of the write-up does throw light on how India and Modi are looked at, at least among some in the strategic circles in China.

Hu wrote that for diplomatic ties to improve, India has to do the following: "...Modi should no longer visit the disputed border region in pursuit of his own political interests, nor should he deliver any remarks that infringe on the consensus on bilateral ties. Meanwhile, the Indian government should completely stop supporting the Dalai Lama, and stop making the Tibetan issue a stumbling block to the Sino-Indian relationship".

Modi, the opinion piece said, had been "...playing little tricks over border disputes and security issues, hoping to boost his domestic prestige while increasing his leverage in negotiations with China".

Hu claimed if the Prime Minister was a trickster, the ordinary people of India were no better.

"Due to the Indian elites' blind arrogance and confidence in their democracy, and the inferiority of its ordinary people, very few Indians are able to treat Sino-Indian relations accurately, objectively and rationally," it said.

And, in a point, that could well be said of some opinions held in the Chinese media, it added: "Worse, some Indian media have been irresponsibly exaggerating the conflicts between the two sides, adding fuel to the hostility among the public".

On the ever-widening trade imbalance between the two countries, Hu wrote:

"When it comes to the economic ties, despite the fact that China has already become India's largest trading partner, India's trade deficit with China keeps rising sharply. New Delhi is reluctant to admit the widening trade gap is its own fault, nor is it willing to examine its own economic structure and the quality of its exports to China. Instead, it has been repeatedly accusing or directing its anger at China."(edit: can't argue with that)
Ordinary Indians are inferior, Prime Minister Narendra Modi should not visit Arunachal Pradesh and the Indian government was reluctant to admit that the widening trade gap with China was its own fault, a caustic Chinese state media article said on Tuesday.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...l-chinese-media-article/article1-1346421.aspx

And still morons vote for parties like AAP/Mullah-i-am / Mumtaz-al-Bengali etc etc.
@Mad Indian @Rashna @maomao @Khagesh @Tshering22 @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @roma @abingdonboy @Screambowl @VivekShah @Blackwater

The Fox

all I can see in the article is Butt hurt.........

brational

Country flag
It is like India telling Xi not to visit Tibet and East Turkestan. Inferiority complex is growing among chinese these days with such blatant comments coming out from CCP scholars. [emoji214]

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
It is like India telling Xi not to visit Tibet and East Turkestan. Inferiority complex is growing among chinese these days with such blatant comments coming out from CCP scholars. [emoji214]
A better answer would be below...

Chinese should leave all of China and settle on Pluto.

Whole of China belongs to Tibetians,Japanese and Mongols.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Regarding Arunachal, Modi WILL HAVE to visit simply because MMS Singh, under the same Chinese pressure not to visit, actually DID SO and Modi will look inadequate compared to MMS if he does not.

Secondly as regards, the Dalai Lama, i think it is appropriate to take the stand that Modi, being a Hindu and more importantly India, being the nation of the birthplace of 2 or 3 great religions , namely Hinduism Buddhism and others, any PM or other indeed any Indian person has every right to visit and dialog even on national or international media regarding His views on Religion and mankind . Also it is a fact known to them that ccp themselves acknowledged DL's right to live any where in the world including India and continue as a Buddhist leader the only restriction being that he was not to interfere in ccp affairs.

Regarding China's internal politics, in such a case, the DL would be making his own statements, and it would preferable for Modi , as a concession to China to perhaps have no part in that and overtly make a disclaimer on DL's views stating that they are His and not (necessarily ) his .....doing so does not squeeze us into any corner, we still have all options without looking contradictory ..

Our overall relationship with ccp-cina should be based on the confidence that militarily India can stand up to any china aggression , ..... economically it would be mutually beneficial to have cooperation on certain specific projects, no, not railways which i feel is dangerous but on few small areas where we are facing tech denials .

Other than that or if they demand more recognition it is (middle) finger - this is not the 1960's and if they dont appreciate our willingness to be nice to them , they can jolly go their own way - we can ( and should ) develop mutually with other cooperative nations - israel , japan, taiwan, s korea , france plus many more .who have tech we need and we can barter with access to our huge and growing market .....they will be more than eager.

as the people of prc china themselves are gradually doctrinally abandoning the ccp, we in India should likewise be aware of these changes and not be deceived into cowering to ccp

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Sections of Chinese media are bound to take potshots at modi during the visit. These sort of potshots have no relevance on the big picture.

Just ignore them and maintain status quo.

My feeling is that modi is going with a begging bowl for investments. As the saying goes "beggars can't be choosers".

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
My feeling is that modi is going with a begging bowl for investments. As the saying goes "beggars can't be choosers".
The weak must suffer while the strong will prosper. Thasseydiedus (hope I spelled it right) 5. C.E.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Sections of Chinese media are bound to take potshots at modi during the visit. These sort of potshots have no relevance on the big picture.

Just ignore them and maintain status quo.

Seems so. Our PM seems to feel economic growth is the answer to all problems. Even if it that were the case, a climate that allows for such growth is determined by other factors that he seems to have put on the back-burner.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, Indians are inferior.

Indians do not eat dog as the Chinese do.

If Modi is going to China with a begging bowl, then would it be that he went with the same bowl to each country he visited?

A great mendicant.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Seems so. Our PM seems to feel economic growth is the answer to all problems. Even if it that were the case, a climate that allows for such growth is determined by other factors that he seems to have put on the back-burner.
Going with a bowl is not necessarily a bad thing, more over I believe it is the need of the hour. I don't think China is going to invest to the scale modi expects but any amount of investment is welcome. Investment will ward off war clouds for the time being if any.

Personally I don't want to see any war for the next ten years. Once we reach 4 trillion GDP I am game for any conflict big or small, or at least till military procurement issues are resolved.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China is keen to invest in India badly since their economy is slowing down.

So, are they extending the begging bowl?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
China is keen to invest in India badly since their economy is slowing down.

So, are they extending the begging bowl?
Interestingly I am noticing since the last quarter that rise in American economy is indirectly proportional to rise in Chinese economy.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Going with a bowl is not necessarily a bad thing, more over I believe it is the need of the hour. I don't think China is going to invest to the scale modi expects but any amount of investment is welcome. Investment will ward off war clouds for the time being if any.

Personally I don't want to see any war for the next ten years. Once we reach 4 trillion GDP I am game for any conflict big or small, or at least till military procurement issues are resolved.
I agree with the proposition that India needs atleast a decade or two of both economic and military growth to be on the safe side. However, setting the strategic aspects aside for potential economic growth might not always work.

China is going to invest as its economy is slowing down and they also see, perhaps rightfully so, as that achieving leverage over India. The scale remains to be seen.

However, China is not going to stop messing with Pak, so while we want economic growth and investment, we need to make sure we develop counters, be it with Iran, US or SCS.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I agree with the proposition that India needs atleast a decade or two of both economic and military growth to be on the safe side. However, setting the strategic aspects aside for potential economic growth might not always work.

China is going to invest as its economy is slowing down and they also see, perhaps rightfully so, as that achieving leverage over India. The scale remains to be seen.

However, China is not going to stop messing with Pak, so while we want economic growth and investment, we need to make sure we develop counters, be it with Iran, US or SCS.
Agreed with all three points.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles