Indians after Chinese on making friendss online.

Pintu

Indians and Chinese are most dexterous while making friends online

I found this one in TopNews

The link and the report of TopNews follows below:

http://www.topnews.in/survey-indian-chinese-web-users-more-dexterous-making-friends-online-2146723

Survey: Indian, Chinese web users more dexterous in making friends online
Submitted by Darpana Kutty on Fri, 04/03/2009 - 06:08.

* Technology News
* Featured
* TNM
* China
* India

Survey: Indian, Chinese web users more dexterous in making friends onlineThe internet users in India and China have more tendency to make friends online than the internet users from other parts of the world – states a new survey of global web users. The survey articulated in the Norton Online Living Report, commissioned by Internet security firm Symantec, says that Indian and Chinese web users make more online friends than other global web users.

According to the Norton Online Living Report, the Indian web users are more tendentious to develop romantic relationships via web than the web users from other parts of the globe.

The surveyors survey 9,000 adults and teenagers from a dozen of countries including, United States, United Kingdom, France, China, Japan, Brazil and India, and found that E-mail was the most popular medium to communicate with friends and family online. The survey found that 92% people used E-mails, as medium of communication, while 50% responded that they use social networking sites.

According to the survey, seven in ten adults surveyed worldwide responded that Internet has helped making their relationships better. In India, the percentage of these web users was higher; 90% of Indian web users responded that Internet helped improving their relationships.

Symantec regional product marketing manager David Hall said, “The Internet is a ubiquitous medium. More and more people are relying on it to manage their relationships with their family and friends.”

The Norton Online Living Report articulates that 60% of the global adult web users responded that they have made friends online, while 86% of adult internet users in China, 83% of adult web users in India, and 83% of adult web users in Brazil responded that they have made friends online. The survey found that the percentage of the online friend makers in France was 32% and in Japan was 38%.

The survey found that globally, 14% of adults used the Internet to rekindle a romantic relationship, while 37% of adults in India and 25% of adults in Brazil responded that they used internet to revive an old romance.
The survey found that the majority of web users prefer internet for discussing touchy subjects; about 25% of the global web users responded that they feel more comfortable in discussing touchy subjects online than in person or by phone, while 50% of the Chinese and Indian web users responded so.

The survey also noted that Indian web users were more negligent about security of their personal information. The survey found that 67% of Indian, 68% of Italian, and 72% of Japanese web users were careless about installing security software on their computers.

pyromaniac

Founding Member
Here I found this on The Hindu.

The link and the report of The Hindu follows below:

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/001200904031878.htm

Indians most likely to go online to make friends after Chinese

New Delhi (PTI): After Chinese, Indians are most likely to go online and make friends or rekindle romantic relationships, a study has said.

According to the Norton Online Living Report, about 86 per cent of Chinese are more likely to make friends online followed by Indians (86 per cent) and Brazilians (82 per cent).

French (32 per cent) and Japanese (38 per cent) are the least likely to make friends online, it added.

The report said that while 14 per cent respondents globally said they have rekindled romantic relationships, the percentage was higher for India (37 per cent) and Brazil (25 per cent).

"In India, we have witnessed a frenzy of online activity via social networking—from rediscovering cousins across the world, to virtually 'friending' friends and acquaintances and even rekindling old flames," Symantec Country Sales Manager (India - Consumer Products and Solutions) Gaurav Kanwal said.

Seven out of 10 respondents worldwide said the Internet has made their relationships better.

Many users also preferred the Internet for broaching 'touchy' subjects with about 25 per cent of the respondents saying they found it easier to discuss such subjects online than in person or by phone.
Well, in china everything is controlled so I guess the only friends the Chinese make are within China. India on the other hand though...Democracy!!! Freedom for everybody and frnds from every corner of the world.

yang

good luck

I must sign up yang, maybe some fortune for this metal face:l_kiss:
You are one of the most intelligent and most far-sighted personnel I have seen,besides your attractive face ,your inherent quality is really charming.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
You are one of the most intelligent and most far-sighted personnel I have seen,besides your attractive face ,your inherent quality is really charming.
I am deeply touched by your comments yang, thank you very much for your kind appreciation.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Hey thanks ... I gotta start googling my old flames!!!!

yang

Actually, I don't date:sad:
I don't date ,too.When 11.11 comes ,let's celebrate Singles'Day together.
:sharabi:
But I don't care about it,the beauty in my heart are not important than a meal with my friends.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
I must sign up yang, maybe some fortune for this metal face:l_kiss:
You are interest in chinese girl? Mate, they are ugly and most of them have bad teeth! Parrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles