In Engineers? Sure!
In Signals? Sure!
In Education? Sure!
In Medical? Sure!
In Air Defence? Sure!
In ASC? Sure!
In Ordnance? Sure!
In Intel? Sure!
In Air Force? Sure! (Incl fighter pilots. 3 already on active duty but not for deep penetration strikes. CAPS? Sure!
In Navy? Sure! Except as submariners.

In fact everywhere except in combat arms like Infantry, Arty, Armored Corps, and on subs and interdiction.
First look at your own environment. Are we running short of male volunteers in the country like other EU nations or USA ?

Then look at our defense environment. With Pakistan , Bangladesh and China being on our borders would you like our women folks to be exposed to them ?

Induction of any female in any unit puts caution on its commanding officer and other officers reducing their functional efficiency and ease of operations. Why unnecessarily do that just for some esoteric dreams.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Regarding the lawyers vs police clash..

I have a different take..

What i see is the difference between the approach of the lady DCP and the men behind her.

Her first instinct is to plead with the unruly mob, first instinct of the men behind her is to either stop the unruly mob and one policeman was reaching for his service weapon.

We keep talking about muscle mass, bone strength and other things.

Basic instinct is also a crucial consideration.

=============
DCP North Monika Bhardwaj was pleading before the lawyers to stop violence at Tis Hazari Court in Delhi on November 2.

Lawyers didn't listen to her, assaulted her and other policemen with her and are now doing strikes everywhere demanding action on these policemen.

sthf

Country flag
Regarding the lawyers vs police clash..

I have a different take..

What i see is the difference between the approach of the lady DCP and the men behind her.

Her first instinct is to plead with the unruly mob, first instinct of the men behind her is to either stop the unruly mob and one policeman was reaching for his service weapon.

We keep talking about muscle mass, bone strength and other things.

Basic instinct is also a crucial consideration.

=============
DCP North Monika Bhardwaj was pleading before the lawyers to stop violence at Tis Hazari Court in Delhi on November 2.

Lawyers didn't listen to her, assaulted her and other policemen with her and are now doing strikes everywhere demanding action on these policemen.

Don't think this is a valid point. Indian police forces, by design and by training would talk things over rather than go full American Rambo on your ass. Hence we hear "lets go to the police station" instead of "On the ground motherfucker" with multiple guns aimed at you.

Look up "militarization of police"

Plus, for someone who used to be in fistfight every fortnight in his late teens and early 20s, I can vouch that when you are outnumbered this heavily, you are bound to get your ass kicked. Delhi cops are not exactly Para SF.:biggrin2:

===============================================

On topic, read a comment once. The true equality will be achieved not when female soldiers will be decorated for bravery but when they will be court marshaled for timidity on the battlefield.

sthf

Country flag

China's female special forces conduct training.
It warms my heart whenever I see Chinese SF training.

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR If you still remember the link to Youtube video of Chinese "operators" struggling to do push-ups then please post it in Chit Chat thread and tag me. :bounce:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Don't think this is a valid point. Indian police forces, by design and by training would talk things over rather than go full American Rambo on your ass. Hence we hear "lets go to the police station" instead of "On the ground motherfucker" with multiple guns aimed at you.

Look up "militarization of police"

Plus, for someone who used to be in fistfight every fortnight in his late teens and early 20s, I can vouch that when you are outnumbered this heavily, you are bound to get your ass kicked. Delhi cops are not exactly Para SF.:biggrin2:

===============================================

On topic, read a comment once. The true equality will be achieved not when female soldiers will be decorated for bravery but when they will be court marshaled for timidity on the battlefield.
What you say is true at a macro level.

In this case there are one woman officer and 4 male subordinates.

All of them are presented with the same problem statement I.e an unruly mob running towards them, lawyers are not respecting the rank anyways.

I am pointing towards the difference in body language between the female officer and male officers, when confronted with an uneasy situation.

Female officer drops her shoulders, bends a little and is pleading to the mob. Male officers seem to be standing their ground.

sthf

Country flag
What you say is true at a macro level.

In this case there are one woman officer and 4 male subordinates.

All of them are presented with the same problem statement I.e an unruly mob running towards them, lawyers are not respecting the rank anyways.

I am pointing towards the difference in body language between the female officer and male officers, when confronted with an uneasy situation.

Female officer drops her shoulders, bends a little and is pleading to the mob. Male officers seem to be standing their ground.
Don't you think this is too small a sample for solid conclusions?

People usually use this logic to prove how women are just as capable as men in combat based on a handful of instances.

12arya

Country flag
You have regular instances of sexual assault in gender neutral USN.
I may b on the naive side when i say this...but from whatever i have seen of US soldiers, I feel our soldiers r much more disciplined and the interactions r quite formal as well. I may b completely wrong though. But yes, when genders r mixed pepl can easily develop attraction to each other which can cause indiscipline!

I do understand what u r saying abt abuse. But we r talking trained female soldiers and not ur average civilian female! If u r signing up to protect the nation, then u shud b able to protect yourself first! If a female soldier is incapable of self defense, then don't do the entire "man and women r equally strong" drama!

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Don't you think this is too small a sample for solid conclusions?

People usually use this logic to prove how women are just as capable as men in combat based on a handful of instances.
True...

In absence of scientific research done within India, I have no choice but to rely on anecdotal evidence to support my case.

vampyrbladez

Country flag
I may b on the naive side when i say this...but from whatever i have seen of US soldiers, I feel our soldiers r much more disciplined and the interactions r quite formal as well. I may b completely wrong though. But yes, when genders r mixed pepl can easily develop attraction to each other which can cause indiscipline!

I do understand what u r saying abt abuse. But we r talking trained female soldiers and not ur average civilian female! If u r signing up to protect the nation, then u shud b able to protect yourself first! If a female soldier is incapable of self defense, then don't do the entire "man and women r equally strong" drama!
There are multiple reports of sexual assault in our armed forces as well. Multiple reports of affairs. Soldiers are just human beings with some specialized training.

They come with all the faults and cracks of people. In war, PTSD can affect a person for life. If some young coed unit knows they may die tomorrow, will they pretend all is well or will they sc&ew each other and vent steam? Couples in USN turn their ship's hold and lifeboats into tryst hideouts.

12arya

Country flag
There are multiple reports of sexual assault in our armed forces as well. Multiple reports of affairs. Soldiers are just human beings with some specialized training.

They come with all the faults and cracks of people. In war, PTSD can affect a person for life. If some young coed unit knows they may die tomorrow, will they pretend all is well or will they sc&ew each other and vent steam? Couples in USN turn their ship's hold and lifeboats into tryst hideouts.

See bro, I DO NOT support women in combat bcoz i don't think women r stronger than men physically. This has been my long standing opinion. Of course, there is always an exception to the rule. I do not think defence forces r going to change their hiring policy regarding women, so there is no point abt us arguing how women r not gud in armed forces in general. No matter what, they r NOT going to go back to the no women in the armed forces days...unless something big happens worldwide that brings in a cultural change!

About affairs with fellow officers, I believe there r already rules in place, abt the do's and dont's. Affairs has happened before and it will keep on happening. There r plenty of civilian women too at the bases in the form f wives and affairs can happen with them too! What the authorities shud do is that this shud not affect the over all work ethic or preparedness of the forces. They r risking their careers for a fling and if they r not worried abt it what can we do!

I am sure bad eggs r in our armed forces too...completely agree with that part.

Also about abuses, I do not trust my fellow women blindly. A lot of Indian women has a habit of indulging in consensual sex and then claiming it to be rape! Similar things might happen in the armed forces too and I won't trust the numbers completely. I am sure there r plenty of genuine cases of abuses but the fake cases might be more in number. Also, the kashmir situation is live example of our military's discipline. They cud have indulged in large scale rapes and abuses but they have not, apart from minor incidents. By that parameter I said our forces r far more disciplined than western forces. Imagine if it was Russia's or China's or even Porkistan army who was in Kashmir, can we imagine what wud happened!

vampyrbladez

Country flag
See bro, I DO NOT support women in combat bcoz i don't think women r stronger than men physically. This has been my long standing opinion. Of course, there is always an exception to the rule. I do not think defence forces r going to change their hiring policy regarding women, so there is no point abt us arguing how women r not gud in armed forces in general. No matter what, they r NOT going to go back to the no women in the armed forces days...unless something big happens worldwide that brings in a cultural change!

About affairs with fellow officers, I believe there r already rules in place, abt the do's and dont's. Affairs has happened before and it will keep on happening. There r plenty of civilian women too at the bases in the form f wives and affairs can happen with them too! What the authorities shud do is that this shud not affect the over all work ethic or preparedness of the forces. They r risking their careers for a fling and if they r not worried abt it what can we do!

I am sure bad eggs r in our armed forces too...completely agree with that part.

Also about abuses, I do not trust my fellow women blindly. A lot of Indian women has a habit of indulging in consensual sex and then claiming it to be rape! Similar things might happen in the armed forces too and I won't trust the numbers completely. I am sure there r plenty of genuine cases of abuses but the fake cases might be more in number. Also, the kashmir situation is live example of our military's discipline. They cud have indulged in large scale rapes and abuses but they have not, apart from minor incidents. By that parameter I said our forces r far more disciplined than western forces. Imagine if it was Russia's or China's or even Porkistan army who was in Kashmir, can we imagine what wud happened!
Exceptions have no place in a military. You get a standard issue rifle, sidearm, BPJ, helmet, radio, mess-kit, boots, etc. You are also a standard issue grunt. The word 'GI' used by US for their troops means Government Issue. This is unlike the CoD fantasy where you have uber customized loadouts, maybe for tiny spec ops units but not for standing armies.

Cyber warfare, drone warfare, ISR, lingusitcs, etc are places where the IA is critically deficient. It would be much better to place female staff here and create dedicated cadre like Israel has. This will allow for 'representation' while having actual value addition.

Our men are still highly conservative which is why they behave when told to do so. In US, UK cultural degeneracy has ruined their family systems and filtered nonsense into their armies. Not surprisingly, before Trump came to power, they were getting their collective asses kicked by China in every field, be it super-computing, electronics, warfare and even cyber security.

here2where

Alright so SC says women should face enemy fire and lead men from the front. Equality and all. Good.
Dont see what the hullabaloo is about.
Just have the same criterion for ALL defence personnel who are selected to face enemy fire and lead teams. No relaxation for female personnel at all. Whoever gets thru gets to live the dream.
Zimble.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
What is the current selection criteria for women in the army to serve combat roles ? Is it same as men or is it watered down ? Any idea? Knowledgable folks please comment...

captscooby81

Country flag
There are no women deployed in combat roles , Most are in non combat roles and yes the criteria is watered down one for sure not same as their male counterparts

What is the current selection criteria for women in the army to serve combat roles ? Is it same as men or is it watered down ? Any idea? Knowledgable folks please comment...

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
the criteria is watered down one for sure... not same as their male counterparts
Can you elaborate how? Air Defence, Aviation & roles in Artillery can be made women only instead... That shouldn't pose any operational restrictions.

captscooby81

Country flag
They are already there in those departments AC, AFMC, AAD and what he was asking if i am not wrong is infantry combat roles , Which is like LOC postings , patrolling these things i am sure women officers are not involved .

I am talking more on BPET tests don't think the current test is same for both genders

Can you elaborate how? Air Defence, Aviation & roles in Artillery can be made women only instead... That shouldn't pose any operational restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles