Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

Country flag
Yes, but why dwell on combat duties alone? There are millions of fields where they can go, but won't..

After going through the history of third wave feminists and their narratives, I am inclined to believe they are acting like kids, like if one kid wants a toy which his/Her Friend has got, the kid will cry/whine/make a scene till the toy is procured, once it's possessed, the kid will lose interest in it in a matter of hours and toss it aside and will whine for a next toy that the kid sets its eyes on.

Indo not understand why this much talk is going on about just combat roles when they have millions of fields to choose from? I can only say they feel empowered if that have that choice in their list. Nothing more.

Women can very well apply for CDS and are eligible For OTA.

How many actually make an effort in that direction as a percentage compared to males who apply for the same? I am not talking about the ones who passed. I am talking about the ones who genuinely think they want to make an attempt. I know lots of males who wanted to join the forces. I am yet to see a woman who wanted nothing more than a career in the military.

I'm not saying there aren't any, but the actual percentage is dismal. And it only leads me to believe this call for women in combat role by feminists and 'progressives' is nothing more than an attempt to stroke their egos.
There are all kinds of ideologies in US - feminists, liberals, progressives, conservatives, white supremacists and so on. We can get entangled in their ideologies, political landscape and divisions or decide for ourselves what's best for us.

IndianHawk

Country flag
You are underestimating what women can deliver. Even in medical and IT where you mention that women can deliver as good as men, they had faced similar resistance. I am not advocating lowering of criterion or quotas, but equal criterion to let the best individuals in. We are not in a hurry, but we need to start sometime.
It's better we allow women to choose their career choices than dictate them what they can and cannot do. Islamic nations do that and they are not the paragon of success.
If any individual meets the selection criterion, they should not be turned down because of our traditional idea of gender roles.
Nope in IT or medical challenges were artificial in battle field they are real.
A soldier has to lift more weight , must run faster , must endure longer. These are not glass wall created to stop women but real requirements.

If we had dearth of men we could lower the standard but we have an overwhelming men population. That means that even for men we are only going to raise standards with time .how will women keep up there if a niche is not created for them??

I'm not disputing that women can deliver but at what cost?? If a woman has to train for hours just to gain the weight lifting capacity that a man naturally posses than I am calling it waste of both time and resources.

They will need different training , different doctrine. Different protocols . It will take huge expenses and for what.

Kay

Country flag
A soldier has to lift more weight , must run faster , must endure longer. These are not glass wall created to stop women but real requirements.

If we had dearth of men we could lower the standard but we have an overwhelming men population. That means that even for men we are only going to raise standards with time .how will women keep up there if a niche is not created for them??

I'm not disputing that women can deliver but at what cost?? If a woman has to train for hours just to gain the weight lifting capacity that a man naturally posses than I am calling it waste of both time and resources.

They will need different training , different doctrine. Different protocols . It will take huge expenses and for what.
One thing we do agree is that there will not be a lowering of standards and there will be equal standards for everyone.
Motivated people train hard. Sylvester Stallone was a frail kid once. But let's agree to disagree on this for now.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
The training is same for all at OTA or after service doing BPT, Male or female ..

I don`t like cooked up stories, Let it be you or your friend making one ..

Their are some fine reasons Late Brig Ray made in this thread, you can look up-to those for clue ..
What is the failure rate difference between men and women?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Optimization of resources is something which falls on deaf ears in politically correct world.

If 100/1000 men clear, while 1/1000 women clears the same requirement. Training extra 99 women to fail is waste of resources in any country (specially if poor)!!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
More or less same, In service as well as academy ..
Source?

Also, do you have information on standards? Since combat roles are not opened for women, I do not expect data from there. But has army given any report in this regard by testing women units?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their are no such sources available on open net as there is no need for such, their are no specific unit for woman either, These woman are from AMC, Signals and AD and goes through same routine as other officers do in their service time ..

Source?

Also, do you have information on standards? Since combat roles are not opened for women, I do not expect data from there. But has army given any report in this regard by testing women units?

Blood+

Country flag
One thing we do agree is that there will not be a lowering of standards and there will be equal standards for everyone.
Motivated people train hard. Sylvester Stallone was a frail kid once. But let's agree to disagree on this for now.
I will agree with your feminist drivel the day female athletes start to compete against their male counterparts on equal footing on a regular basis!!Until that happens, all this talk about 'girl power' is nothing more than just a steaming pile of horse dung.Oh and before posting references like that of Stalone, please brush up your knowledge of human physiology.

pmaitra

In my opinion pilot is more of a technical job. Male or female does not matter.

Women are supposed to have more all round awareness, compared to men from a physiological point of view.
I will add to this:

The retina at the back of the eyeball contains about seven million cone-shaped cells to handle color vision. The X chromosome provides these color cells. Women have two X chromosomes, which give them a greater variety of cones than men who have only one X chromosome. The difference is noticeable in how women describe colors in greater detail. A man will use a basic color description like red, blue, or green, but a woman will speak of aqua, teal, mauve, and apple green.

Did you ever wonder if your mother had eyes in the back of her head? You had good reason to wonder that! Women not only have greater color vision, but they also have a wider peripheral vision than men. Many women’s peripheral vision is effective up to almost 180 degrees.
Source: http://www.dulcimermedicalcenter.org/documents/mans_mind4_040505.pdf
In my opinion pilot is more of a technical job. Male or female does not matter.

Women are supposed to have more all round awareness, compared to men from a physiological point of view.
What have you been smoking? Refrain from making such ignorant comments or the attacks will get personal.
I don't think he has been smoking anything, but if the attacks go personal, the attacker will go too.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I will add to this:

Source: http://www.dulcimermedicalcenter.org/documents/mans_mind4_040505.pdf

I don't think he has been smoking anything, but if the attacks go personal, the attacker will go too.
Interestingly I had an argument With my mother and sister on colour of a car.

Car in question is Maruti ritz genus model, which had come in only one colour. I say it is green and both of them say there is a blue in it. Ultimately arrived at the conclusion that men and women see colours differently.

pmaitra

Car in question is Maruti ritz genus model, which had come in only one colour. I say it is green and both of them say there is a blue in it. Ultimately arrived at the conclusion that men and women see colours differently.
Yes, women have better vision w.r.t. colour. Also, speaking of pilots, having a wider angle of vision might actually help.

mayfair

The point is simple. The armed forces have mandated minimum requirements that the candidates must fulfill before they can be recruited into the armed forces. Those who fullfill these requirements and clear all the tests and tasks designed to test their eligibility, should be taken in- regardless of whether they are male, female or transgender.

Lowering of standards should not be discussed or encouraged.

pmaitra

First batch of three female fighter pilots commissioned

Wait is over! This December, Indian Air Force to commission 3 women fighter pilots, may fly Sukhoi

Women/men joining the flying branch of the Indian Air Force:

• Step 1: Clear AFCAT. Mathematics and Physics are a must upto the higher secondary level.
  • Step 2: AFSB:
    • AFSB Personality Test.
    • AFSB Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (must clear in first shot). Recommended playing a lot of video games requiring fast responses.
  • Step 3: Merit List.
  • Step 4: Medicals.
  • Step 5: Train at AFA.
  • Step 6: Trifurcation point for specialization in fighter (fixed-wing), transport (fixed-wing) or helicopter (rotary-wing).

(Paraphrased so as not to do a complete copy-paste).

Source: Jayant Kumar, Flight Cadet at Indian Air Force (2017-present)

N.B.: There was no mention of exception to training or merit made based on gender. While it is true that the Indian Army has a standard and a reduced standard while hiring regular infantry soldiers based on ethnicity, the Indian Air Force cannot afford to cut corners for airmen and airwomen in charge of aircraft.

Reactions: Kay

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

Also interestingly some cultures are unable to distinguish certain Color pairs, like Japs can't distinguish blue and green if I remember correctly.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Delhi Police give commando training to the first batch of northeastern women. This is the first batch of 40 women from northeast India getting trained at the Police Training Centre in southwest Delhi’s Jharoda Kalan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles