Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
@pmaitra sounds like you think women are equal soldiers to men, or that they really belong on battlefield.

Both those examples as well as Hindu ones are as last resort. Women are nowhere near as physically capable as men, the few % who can match even a weak male are basically men themselves.

& Here India is giving them RESERVATATION in para-military. Wtf! :/

If I am wrong on your viewpoint, my mistake & my handle got corrupted.

What Razor said is true, why give lower physical requirements if 'equality'

pmaitra

@pmaitra sounds like you think women are equal soldiers to men, or that they really belong on battlefield.

Both those examples as well as Hindu ones are as last resort. Women are nowhere near as physically capable as men, the few % who can match even a weak male are basically men themselves.

& Here India is giving them RESERVATATION in para-military. Wtf! :/

If I am wrong on your viewpoint, my mistake & my handle got corrupted.

What Razor said is true, why give lower physical requirements if 'equality'
You said "sounds like." Well, it sounds like whatever, because you are reading more than what I have written.

Firstly, I never said women are physically capable as men. I said given that we fight with rifles, this difference in physical capability is diminished.

Secondly, I have never said anything about reservation.

I like the concept of 2nd Amendment in the US. Many women who have access to guns have protected their families from intruders when the man of the house is out at work.

Thirdly, what @Razor said is correct. There are plenty of reports were standards have been lowered to hire women and I am not talking about India specifically.

kr9

Country flag
You said "sounds like." Well, it sounds like whatever, because you are reading more than what I have written.

Firstly, I never said women are physically capable as men. I said given that we fight with rifles, this difference in physical capability is diminished.

Secondly, I have never said anything about reservation.

I like the concept of 2nd Amendment in the US. Many women who have access to guns have protected their families from intruders when the man of the house is out at work.

Thirdly, what @Razor said is correct. There are plenty of reports were standards have been lowered to hire women and I am not talking about India specifically.
National Security should not be compromised on the "chance" that CQ combat will not take place in the modern scenario - just to boost the ego of these feminists and secularists. You cannot lower standards on national security. I have no objection to women in any civilian employment (some actually make better CEO than men).

If these feminists want equality, they should be helping the women who work in the fields and on the roads to support their families. But they won't, because if they empower the poor, they cannot use their plight as an excuse to harass the Government.

More importantly:- what are our soldiers fighting for?
Our soldiers are fighting to protect the country's women and children, as much as the land and its constitution. It would be a mockery of the sacrifice and the risks that they face everyday to protect our women, if we start sending them to the front.

This is why some generals have stated that the workload will increase for the men. They will be constantly distracted and on edge trying to protect the female soldiers.
Do they have to win a war, only to come home and find out that their women have died fighting somewhere else?

I am proud that our women serve in the armed forces in the rear units; but we should not put them in danger by sending them to fight it out on the front lines.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@pmaitra I thought women did not have to go to battlefield because they are more important then men in terms of their significance in society viz. that of rearing children. Are you in some ways hinting that they are equal to men and are not above them?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
When females will go to battlefield, what will happen is rapes. As long as they are at a rifle-range distance away, all good. When in close combat, men will prevail 95%+ of times and no point in killing a woman when you can rape her.

pmaitra

@pmaitra I thought women did not have to go to battlefield because they are more important then men in terms of their significance in society viz. that of rearing children. Are you in some ways hinting that they are equal to men and are not above them?
True. They did not go to battle because of what you stated, but, I am sure you would agree to leave room for exceptions?

Better train women to fight and fight like men, and hope they don't have to fight. If for some reason, the Kurds have to fight (which they are doing), for example the Turks, the al-Nusra, and the ISIS, all at the same time, there is no choice but to mobilize all people of fighting age, regardless of gender.

Panjab47

सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫|
Banned
True. They did not go to battle because of what you stated, but, I am sure you would agree to leave room for exceptions?

Better train women to fight and fight like men, and hope they don't have to fight. If for some reason, the Kurds have to fight (which they are doing), for example the Turks, the al-Nusra, and the ISIS, all at the same time, there is no choice but to mobilize all people of fighting age, regardless of gender.
Agreed, this is what the Gurus did/advocated as well. Many Hindu women knew how to fight, if they can fend off lightly armed attackers makes war much easier.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

Agree to a large extent with you. However, Bharatvarsh is not Kurdistan. Our homeland or people is still not under overt attack.
Agreed that we need to train women to fight. That is the best way that we can ensure their personal safety. But safety of the Motherland should not rest on their tender shoulders, which should only and only be reserved for children to rest their heads on.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
The Internet petition thing worked quite well for TRAI-Net neutrality issue. Am surprised no one has come forth on petitioning the President against this. What are the men of armed forces saying?

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
National Security should not be compromised on the "chance" that CQ combat will not take place in the modern scenario - just to boost the ego of these feminists and secularists. You cannot lower standards on national security. I have no objection to women in any civilian employment (some actually make better CEO than men).

If these feminists want equality, they should be helping the women who work in the fields and on the roads to support their families. But they won't, because if they empower the poor, they cannot use their plight as an excuse to harass the Government.

More importantly:- what are our soldiers fighting for?
Our soldiers are fighting to protect the country's women and children, as much as the land and its constitution. It would be a mockery of the sacrifice and the risks that they face everyday to protect our women, if we start sending them to the front.

This is why some generals have stated that the workload will increase for the men. They will be constantly distracted and on edge trying to protect the female soldiers.
Do they have to win a war, only to come home and find out that their women have died fighting somewhere else?

I am proud that our women serve in the armed forces in the rear units; but we should not put them in danger by sending them to fight it out on the front lines.
Wonderfully said. You have not only hit the nail in the head, but also hammered it in one blow.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
It's not about putting "them in danger" but about useful usage of limited resources.
Would you go to a gun fight with a bb gun? No, you would use the real thing.
Only if you don't have the real thing would you use a bb gun.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Actually, females have fought many pitched battles and done better than men in many situations. Those Israeli and Kurdish women are certainly not photo ops. One might argue that women are not able to perform hard physical duties, but this one differentiating factor between men and women has diminished, given that fighting a war these days is done with rifles, and is not the same thing as a wrestling match.

Just like Kurds, and Israelis, female Maoists actually fight. Many people talk about Maoists/Naxalites without having a clue. Time to stop reading RSS Gospels? :cool3:
Wars are fought by rifles as much as hockey is played with a stick!!

People who read RSS Gospels are much less stupid and brainwashed than those who read Communist Manifesto!!

pmaitra

Wars are fought by rifles as much as hockey is played with a stick!!

People who read RSS Gospels are much less stupid and brainwashed than those who read Communist Manifesto!!
The first five words, which are on topic, are correct. The rest of it, like a lot of other posts, are irrelevant.

MKM

Country flag
Navy to grant permanent commission to women

Indo-Asian News Service, New Delhi

Indian Navy’s women officers’ contingent at Republic Day parade. (PTI File Photo)

The Indian Navy on Wednesday announced that women completing seven years in the service will get permanent commission.

Three women officers had moved the Supreme Court seeking reinstatement in the Navy. They have now been called for their medical tests for the permanent commission.

Navy is the last of the three armed forces in the country to allow permanent commission to women.

While the Army and Air Force allow permanent commission for women, the Navy had limited women officers only to short service commission of 14 years.

Women naval officers were not eligible for pension as it required 20 years of service.

The Indian Navy had moved the Supreme Court in October 2015 challenging an order of the Delhi high court asking it to grant permanent commission to 17 women officers who retired after their short service commission ended in 2006.

A total of 17 short service commission women officers had moved various writ petitions seeking permanent commissions. The verdict on the remaining petitions is also expected soon.

In November last year, the apex court had barred the Navy from releasing 17 women officers, who had challenged the government’s decision to extend permanent commission to women officers in education, law and naval architecture to those who joined after September 2008.

Last year, the Indian Air Force announced induction of women in fighter stream, the first of the three forces to allow women in combat role.

The decision, however, is on “experimental basis” for five years.

sorcerer

Country flag
IAF To Get First Batch of Women Fighter Pilots in June

by Dinakar Peri
On June 18, India will in all likelihood get its first women fighter pilots.

Bhawna Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh are likely to create history as India’s first women fighter pilots if they put on the wings and are inducted into the IAF fighter stream. Who among the three, or all of them, make the final cut depends on them clearing the advanced stage training.

This announced by the Chief of the Indian Air Force Air Chief Marshal (ACM) Arup Raha on Tuesday while speaking on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.

“I must thank the Defence Minister for having approved the IAF’s proposal to induct women as fighter pilots and very soon on June 18 this year, Indian Air Force will get its first woman fighter pilot,” Mr. Raha said addressing a seminar on the role of women in the Army’s Medical Corps.

Bhawna Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi and Mohana Singh will create history as India’s first women fighter pilots
The three women trainees have volunteered to join the fighter stream. “They are under the second phase of their training. Once they complete their training and are on par with their male colleagues and the passing out parade is scheduled on June 18,” ACM Raha added.
In October the Defence Ministry, in a much welcomed decision, had announced that women will for the first time be allowed in combat roles beginning with the Air Force. Soon the Navy followed suit saying that women pilots would be inducted except where staying overnight on board was involved.

However Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh clarified in a written reply in the Parliament later that “government has accorded the approval to entry of women into the fighter stream of IAF on experimental basis for a period of five years.”

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar recently clarified that the induction of women in various combat roles would be done only in a “phased manner” as necessary facilities for accommodation and training need to be created.

While this is the case contrary to the efforts of the government to promote more women in defence services, the number of women officers joining the forces shows a steep drop in intake last year compared to the last three years, a government reply to the Parliament has revealed.
Source>>

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Good luck Indian defence!

be prepared for grounding entire women wing once Pakis get hold of few pilots.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Good luck Indian defence!

be prepared for grounding entire women wing once Pakis get hold of few pilots.
Well perhaps IAF can do one thing: Make them fly logistics/transport planes if that happens.

At this point, it is an "experimental program", and this hasn't exactly attracted much media coverage, so they might drop it.

Has ANY OTHER COUNTRY, even tried to do something like this???

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Well perhaps IAF can do one thing: Make them fly logistics/transport planes if that happens.

At this point, it is an "experimental program", and this hasn't exactly attracted much media coverage, so they might drop it.

Has ANY OTHER COUNTRY, even tried to do something like this???
Yeah India is so rich that it can train people for fighter jets and then use them later to fly choppers!

Also fight with less than the number of designated fighter pilots.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Yeah India is so rich that it can train people for fighter jets and then use them later to fly choppers!

Also fight with less than the number of designated fighter pilots.
My point, was that if they actually go through with this dumb move, and then suddenly there's backlash against allowing women fighter pilots in war, we can shift them to fly logistics. Atleast there isn't a FULL WASTE of manpower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles