Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusive

Country flag
@roma I personally feel women who want to serve in combat role should shed their fear of that much worse things can happen than injury. If a man gets captured, he gets torchered too.....imagine getting your balls cut and etc. Yet he still serves. But you are right about family and societal pressure. It can be daunting which men don't face. Its their choice in the end.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
I want women in armed forces because in future there will be exoskeleton suites and highly advance fighter jets which will have mind of their own or will be driven by men/women...
There will be technologies which will end the physical inequality part from the armed forces.
Better start integrating women in armed forces early :)

Brood Father

Country flag
Silly decision. Any potential PR gains are hilariously outweighed by inevitable downsides. Moreover, entirely unwarranted at this time. First, we must bring the standards of existing forces to meet the threats.

Armed forces for a poor country such as India are to defend the nation in a hostile neighborhood, not assuage the fragile egos of Indians who derive pride from what the rest of world thinks of them on such silly issues.

Go look up facts and studies on what has happened to standards of western forces which have had this imposed on them. US, UK etc. have had to lower standards to induct the desired quota of women.
Which part of my statement meant to have
quota for women in armed forces and lowering the bar for women aspirant , you read a lot between the lines ,
I merely stated that if women is worthy enough for combat role than I don't think there is any issue in stopping her doing so

Again I stand by statement , its the personal trait and skill that will gives you opportunity , not gender .

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I want women in armed forces because in future there will be exoskeleton suites and highly advance fighter jets which will have mind of their own or will be driven by men/women...
There will be technologies which will end the physical inequality part from the armed forces.
Well if we are going to send drones to the sky, with a controller sitting in head-quarters then inducting women might be ok. But read the other issues that will arise due to integrating women. It is not just about physical inequality.

Brood Father

Country flag
Did you graduate from "gender is a social construct" school of feminism?

Really, Explain why a non misogynist country like USA has only 4% women in combat duty? I know , "patriarchy" right? :lol:
Dude you seem to obessed by femenism a lot , and I think it turned you into paranoid person
Where the fuck does femenism came into picture , the only thing I said is to stop making fun of women who will join our sacred armed forces
Rest I leave it to your better judgement.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
wow this is a great thread and i have never give so many likes as in this one

especially @Mad Indian has written a lot of sense and is now off my ig list ! :hail:
<<<<<( sorry for putting you there to begin with )
Bad Idea. I am a filthy mouthed proud bigot and will remain the same :truestory:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Dude you seem to obessed by femenism a lot , and I think it turned you into paranoid person
Where the fuck does femenism came into picture , the only thing I said is to stop making fun of women who will join our sacred armed forces
Rest I leave it to your better judgement.
I am not making fun of it. I just pointed to you the obsession you have with how other countries view us. Really. You are more concerned about what others think that what will happen on ground and what is good for us ?:dude:

Brood Father

Country flag
I am not making fun of it. I just pointed to you the obsession you have with how other countries view us. Really. You are more concerned about what others think that what will happen on ground and what is good for us ?:dude:
Of course i have a obsession for how other country view my country and this bieng one of the flagship forum of India I being proud member of both am entitled for my say .

And what your are observing as good may have to go under serious scrutiny as per me

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Which part of my statement meant to have
quota for women in armed forces and lowering the bar for women aspirant , you read a lot between the lines ,
I merely stated that if women is worthy enough for combat role than I don't think there is any issue in stopping her doing so

Again I stand by statement , its the personal trait and skill that will gives you opportunity , not gender .
Its not as much reading between the lines as its thinking of implications.

What you are saying about not lowering standards is the ideal, its not practical. Gradually, with most things, this will become political and consequently standards will be lowered as they have been in US and UK. You don't think what applied there would not apply here?

The problem with liberals is that they want to break tradition under the presumption that it was regressive or oppressive, not because there must have been a good reason for it.

Think through the implications. The navy seem to not have agreed to this, do you think its just being biased?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
@roma I personally feel women who want to serve in combat role should shed their fear of that much worse things can happen than injury. If a man gets captured, he gets torchered too.....imagine getting your balls cut and etc. Yet he still serves. But you are right about family and societal pressure. It can be daunting which men don't face. Its their choice in the end.
indeed !
plus actuality what i wanted to add to my post but it was beyond the 30 min point was that it is most likely with all those conditions i mentioned, women would be inducted at a later stage of their lives, more likely in their 30's after having kids or even after 35 ....with today's later aging they could work till 65 which is a good at least 30 years of service to the nation - plus by getting in older they are more mature .......
......and so any would be male molesters would think twice as this is no longer a "girly" type innocent girl but rather a mature woman who knows how to activate the legal system if necessary and get the guy into a lot of trouble -

so the military would have a lot less, if any, of those molestation cases to handle which would be a big burden off their backs .

that is too far in the future to be realistic
let those be developed and close to trials , then we could think in those terms

Well if we are going to send drones to the sky, with a controller sitting in head-quarters then inducting women might be ok. But read the other issues that will arise due to integrating women. It is not just about physical inequality.
exactly !
with increased automation , drones and all that , missile technology - the operator could preferably be a woman sitting at a computer, with a cup of coffee and she use the technology to strike at the terrorist targets - that is a better role for any woman than to go into the old traditional combat roles , many of which will be vanishing into thin air as technology advances even more.

Bad Idea. I am a filthy mouthed proud bigot and will remain the same :truestory:
actually i thought so too - but thought we could put him back on the list again !
well life is a risk and as i am already alive i have to take that risk

@angeldude13@Abhijat@Ancient Indian@anupamsurey@aliyah @Alien @apple @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @alphacentury

@bose @Bornubus @brational@blueblood@Blackwater@Blood+@Bangalorean@bengalraider
@Brood Father
@cobra commando@Chirag
@DingDong@ersakthivel@guru-dutt@Hari Sud@hit&run
@indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD@Indibomber@jackprince
@Kunal Biswas@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha@mhk99 @maomao @Neil@OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra@PaliwalWarrior@Pulkit
@Rowdy@Razor@Rashna@[email protected]
@Sakal Gharelu Ustad@Srinivas_K@sgarg@sabari@Sameet2@saik@sorcerer @sydsnyper
@TejasMK3@The enlightened
@tejas warrior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@Screambowl@Sylex21@VIP@Yusuf@Yumdoot@Zebra

@Nicky G@FRYCRY @Chinmoy @Vishwarupa

@Akim @gadeshi @Gabriel92 @jouni
@ajtr @Zarvan @musalman @Neo @safriz

Last edited:

Brood Father

Country flag

What you are saying about not lowering standards is the ideal, its not practical. Gradually, with most things, this will become political and consequently standards will be lowered as they have been in US and UK. You don't think what applied there would not apply here?

The problem with liberals is that they want to break tradition under the presumption that it was regressive or oppressive, not because there must have been a good reason for it.

Think through the implications. The navy seem to not have agreed to this, do you think its just being biased?
You are right in most of the things , but sir this is Indian armed forces which has been and will be immune of either caste or on gender base politics
Policts will not decide how our armed forces will shape up .

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
actually i thought so too - but thought we could put him back on the list again !
well life is a risk and as i am already alive i have to take that risk
Ha ha ha. Whatever makes you happy.:lol:

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You are right in most of the things , but sir this is Indian armed forces which has been and will be immune of either caste or on gender base politics
Policts will not decide how our armed forces will shape up .
Any sane country would keep such things out of the armed forces or they'll try for the most part; even if we assume what you say to be true, why invite potential trouble? What's the sudden need to put women in such roles? Why put them in roles that sends them directly in harms way in enemy territory of barbarian scum such as out western neighbors?

I'll be blunt and I may be way off base here but I see this as PR by the Air Force. I'd like to believe those responsible for our forces are supremely more qualified than me and have considered all aspects, but I have serious misgivings. Maybe I am just being patriarchal as the feminists would call it, I don't care. This is potentially too serious an issue.

At the risk of repeating myself, why is the Navy not going along with this?

Globally, the US armed forces were not immune from gay or rape politics. I'm afraid in this case, Indian armed forces might not be too with this issue and that would be disastrous, even fatal.

Brood Father

Country flag

What navy has decided it's upto them and on the similar note what army and air force has decided should also be treated with same dignity .
I for the fact don't like generalization and sterotyping , which should be avoided when it comes to national security

Brood Father

Country flag
Any sane country would keep such things out of the armed forces or they'll try for the most part; even if we assume what you say to be true, why invite potential trouble? What's the sudden need to put women in such roles? Why put them in roles that sends them directly in harms way in enemy territory of barbarian scum such as out western neighbors?

I'll be blunt and I may be way off base here but I see this as PR by the Air Force. I'd like to believe those responsible for our forces are supremely more qualified than me and have considered all aspects, but I have serious misgivings. Maybe I am just being patriarchal as the feminists would call it, I don't care. This is potentially too serious an issue.

At the risk of repeating myself, why is the Navy not going along with this?

Globally, the US armed forces were not immune from gay or rape politics. I'm afraid in this case, Indian armed forces might not be too with this issue and that would be disastrous, even fatal.
Why shouldn't women have the right to defend its boundary . and we are not randomly picking a person and sending them in border there a training involved and those women will also go through those rigorous training and if they fail then they have no right to pursue it , but if they do then enough of the sterotyping they should be put in the harms way becuase they deserve every bit of it .

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What navy has decided it's upto them and on the similar note what army and air force has decided should also be treated with same dignity .
I for the fact don't like generalization and sterotyping , which should be avoided when it comes to national security
Despite the possibility of being wrong, I as a tax payer have every right to question these forces. What reason has the air force provided for this change at this time? What reasons has navy provided for not going along? All things must be considered.

Don't be a liberal and try to shut down debate by throwing around labels. They don't mean anything in front of facts in such cases.

PR should also be avoided when in comes to national security. These forces are there to defend India, not be paragons of left inspired notions of 'equality'.

Why shouldn't women have the right to defend its boundary . and we are not randomly picking a person and sending them in border there a training involved and those women will also go through those rigorous training and if they fail then they have no right to pursue it , but if they do then enough of the sterotyping they should be put in the harms way becuase they deserve every bit of it .
Again spoken like a typical liberal with notions of forced equality, context be dammed. This is not some irrelevant demand to go have a drink at a pub late at night.

Soldiers, pilots etc. are not working in isolation. They are the responsibility of the nation and so is what happens to them. These women might be willing to take the risks, but if we as a society and a nation are not willing to take those risks, we must not take them, least of all in matters of national security.

I have already explained and given examples from the real world about more other countries where such steps have led to forced decline in standards. If you wish to dismiss that away, that's your call.

This is fast becoming redundant since you keep repeating notions of 'equality' and don't address other points I have made.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
There is classroom equality and then there is reality.

Women are physically much less stronger than men and cannot do most of the heavy-lifting jobs required in armed forces. US tried to give them equal opportunity but most of them failed to pass basic physical endurance tests.

Are you telling India to waste tax-payers money on phony gender equality?

Brood Father

Country flag
There is classroom equality and then there is reality.

Women are physically much less stronger than men and cannot do most of the heavy-lifting jobs required in armed forces. US tried to give them equal opportunity but most of them failed to pass basic physical endurance tests.

Are you telling India to waste tax-payers money on phony gender equality?
Dude we don't need a weight lifters in armed forces , by your logic every body builder should be in army , is it ??
What I believe , may be I am wrong according to you guys , its the presence of mind that's what is required
You don't get qualify SSB by showing your strength , you do by you will , strength will come to you in due course

And why you talking about US ,what about Israel , the country where women operate Merkava , over there its mandatory for a CITIZEN to serve armed forces , fuck they even have their women elite squad
What do you want to say , Zionist women are superior compering to worlds women
No right , then why can't we raise such a squad ..think about it

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Dude we don't need a weight lifters in armed forces , by your logic every body builder should be in army , is it ??
What I believe , may be I am wrong according to you guys , its the presence of mind that's what is required
You don't get qualify SSB by showing your strength , you do by you will , strength will come to you in due course

And why you talking about US ,what about Israel , the country where women operate Merkava , over there its mandatory for a CITIZEN to serve armed forces , fuck they even have their women elite squad
What do you want to say , Zionist women are superior compering to worlds women
No right , then why can't we raise such a squad ..think about it
Heavy-lifting in the above sentence meant physical jobs. Heavy-lifting did not mean body-builder.

Israel has no options because it is a puny country with small population and hordes of savages ready to fight them. It is not due to efficiency of Israeli women but due to lack of men that they have to resort to such policy.

India in no way suffers from lack of manpower and has no need to spend money on inefficient women fighting squads.

DingDong

Country flag
Nature is not politically correct, wars are not "politically correct" either. We must respect Human evolution, which hasn't treated men and women equally.

I have my doubts regarding mental and physical readiness of women for combat role. Such decisions must be taken on practical feasibility basis. "Equality" must not be imposed, it must be "Earned".

Contrary to popular belief, soldiers are selected and trained for high endurance/stamina and not for their physical strength. Even the most physically strong women are at great disadvantage here because of naturally occurring low Haemoglobin level and low bone density. Ever wondered why mens' grand slam singles last through 5 sets while women singles last through just 3?

There is no comparison between India and Israel, unlike Israel India has got no scarcity of manpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles