Indian TV Reporter Films Hamas Assembling, Launching Missiles From Res

JAISWAL

Indian TV Reporter Films Hamas Assembling, Launching Missiles From Residential Area Outside Hotel Minutes Before Cease-Fire

India's NDTV on Tuesday broadcast footage of a group of Hamas militants, gathered outside the television crew's hotel and hiding under a blue tarp, where they were assembling rockets they launched at Israel from the residential Gazan neighborhood minutes before a cease-fire began.

NDTV reporter Sreenivasan Jain said: "Israel has argued that that these rockets are fired from civilian areas, and this is why its retaliatory strikes can result in civilian casualties."

"But this morning, NDTV witnessed one such rocket silo being created under a tent right next to the hotel where our team was staying. Minutes later, we saw the rocket being fired, just before the 72-hour ceasefire came into effect."

NDTV's Jain said the tent was set-up the day before and three Hamas members returned on Tuesday to assemble the rockets over the course of an hour before setting them off.

Fearing for their own lives, the NDTV team left Gaza before posting the report.

Jain said,"This report is being aired on NDTV and published on ndtv.com after our team left the Gaza strip – Hamas has not taken very kindly to any reporting of its rockets being fired."

He added that just "as we reported the devastating consequences of Israel's offensive on Gaza's civilians, it is equally important to report on how Hamas places those very civilians at risk by firing rockets deep from the heart of civilian zones."

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Re: Indian TV Reporter Films Hamas Assembling, Launching Missiles From

indian tv reporter films hamas assembling, launching missiles from residential area outside hotel minutes before cease-fire

india's ndtv on tuesday broadcast footage of a group of hamas militants, gathered outside the television crew's hotel and hiding under a blue tarp, where they were assembling rockets they launched at israel from the residential gazan neighborhood minutes before a cease-fire began.

Ndtv reporter sreenivasan jain said: "israel has argued that that these rockets are fired from civilian areas, and this is why its retaliatory strikes can result in civilian casualties."

"but this morning, ndtv witnessed one such rocket silo being created under a tent right next to the hotel where our team was staying. Minutes later, we saw the rocket being fired, just before the 72-hour ceasefire came into effect."

ndtv's jain said the tent was set-up the day before and three hamas members returned on tuesday to assemble the rockets over the course of an hour before setting them off.

Fearing for their own lives, the ndtv team left gaza before posting the report.

Jain said,"this report is being aired on ndtv and published on ndtv.com after our team left the gaza strip – hamas has not taken very kindly to any reporting of its rockets being fired."

he added that just "as we reported the devastating consequences of israel's offensive on gaza's civilians, it is equally important to report on how hamas places those very civilians at risk by firing rockets deep from the heart of civilian zones."
wow!!!! Ndtv?!!!!!!!

Free Karma

Exactly my reaction, wow NDTV :lol:

I wish their reporting from inside the country could be similar.

aragorn

WTF!!!!!! NDTV?????

sreenivasan jain !!!!!!!!

was he on weed?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

Chakrha Dutt the Liberal Terrorist has ruined NDTV.

Let's hope we see factual inside stories of local issues first.

Kyubi

Country flag

Sreenivasan Jains reporting was indeed good, but the way NDTV reacted to this report was very laughable.. In his report Jain was careful not to label them as Hamas operatives even though it was reasonable to assume they were given the fact that he was at the GAZA Strip .. NDTV reacted to it by running the Promo of world Exclusive report, whereas he was mindful of not labeling those people out-rightly as HAMAS (at least in the video) , the NDTV starting running the SCROLL showing the people assembling the rockets were indeed HAMAS even when there was no means to confirm it....

My point here is the Media Houses of our country due to competition have foregone the role of the fourth estate... they merely use rhetoric, hyperbole and conjectures to just stay ahead of the pack..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles