Indian Sports: News and Discussion

angryIndian

Country flag
this is the first time i am noticing that in multiple games that players are literally giving up when facing Indian players, even before the match is over. whether this is peculiar to this CWG or it happened before, i don't know.
No doubt i am extremely delighted with the performance of our athletes but this victory should be taken with a word of caution.
In CWG games we have been in top 5 medal list for almost 30 years but we are not witnessing similar performance in the much larger Olympic games.

We are dominating only those sports where Olympic heavyweights are absent,eg Iran,Ex soviet states,China,Japan,Turkey in weightlifting and Wrestling.China and the US in shooting or Cuba in boxing.
We are mostly not winning those sports where Australia,UK and Canada are dominating.

So there is a lot of work that has to be done.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
No doubt i am extremely delighted with the performance of our athletes but this victory should be taken with a word of caution.
In CWG games we have been in top 5 medal list for almost 30 years but we are not witnessing similar performance in the much larger Olympic games.

We are dominating only those sports where Olympic heavyweights are absent,eg Iran,Ex soviet states,China,Japan,Turkey in weightlifting and Wrestling.China and the US in shooting or Cuba in boxing.
We are mostly not winning those sports where Australia,UK and Canada are dominating.

So there is a lot of work that has to be done.
What was contribution of archery and shooting before ? Those have been removed now . Seems like wrestling and boxing dominance is very recent . And we have started getting medals in olympics in those events .

angryIndian

Country flag
What was contribution of archery and shooting before ? Those have been removed now . Seems like wrestling and boxing dominance is very recent . And we have started getting medals in olympics in those events .
Archery has been featured only twice in the CWG,1982 and 2010.In total we have won 8 medals.
In Shooting we have been dominating since the 2000's,we won 135 medals.

Most of our medals are from Shooting, Wrestling and Weightlifting.

tribendra bisoi..

Country flag
Why we cnt compete in swimming and cycling ? There are 152 medals . Is it because lack of infra here in india ? For boxing , wrestling , shooting , archery foundation has been established . we can expect to get more medals here in next olympic .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles