Indian Special Forces

ALBY

Section Moderator
Country flag

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Are these new X-95s chambered for 9mm or 5.56? Why Army SF went for more Tar-21s recently where as Marcos went for X-95s? Although both are bad choices.A decent AR style weapon was the way forward
Yes X95s chambered in 9 mm and here is what I got Marco's went with x95s cause they are familiar with bullpups and wanted a compact gun for their vbss ops that's why they went with them and that would maintain familiarisation in their inventory for other ops They have their AK 103s fully kitted out and for rest they went with AR design i.e PLR Arads with holos and 3X magnifier so Marcos covered all their bases as for Paras why they went with more tar-21 flat tops well I have no idea and answers for you sorry.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Are these new X-95s chambered for 9mm or 5.56? Why Army SF went for more Tar-21s recently where as Marcos went for X-95s? Although both are bad choices.A decent AR style weapon was the way forward
Marcos got suppressed x95s in 9 mil for the same reason shaytet 13 has them, the design makes single handed operation much much easy especially during ship boarding operations/VBSS.

OutForVendetta

Country flag
If you look at the pic you can see us Armchair generals opinion their itself
Do enlighten me, barring the guy on the extreme right in 2nd photo, what made the geniuses here come to the conclusion of a "TacTIcAl GAp" between IA and other and armies ? Genuinely interested to know ?

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Do enlighten me, barring the guy on the extreme right in 2nd photo, what made the geniuses here come to the conclusion of a "TacTIcAl GAp" between IA and other and armies ? Genuinely interested to know ?
As you know I am the noob of the forum others will answer your question much better here.

But having a battle Rifle with red dots is the first one still wants to know which genius's idea was it to put mp9 red dots on a fucking battle rifle both of the guys have an AR but Handelling of both guns is like day and night using C clamps on AR is much more effective than mag grip doing Rambo stance in 2024 and now actual answer will be given here by other Armchair generals I'm just a noob :)

P.S - Indian army had no concept of "Snipers" till 2019-2020 that should tell you the level of ours and other Nato Armies

kaboom

Country flag
As you know I am the noob of the forum others will answer your question much better here.

But having a battle Rifle with red dots is the first one still wants to know which genius's idea was it to put mp9 red dots on a fucking battle rifle both of the guys have an AR but Handelling of both guns is like day and night using C clamps on AR is much more effective than mag grip doing Rambo stance in 2024 and now actual answer will be given here by other Armchair generals I'm just a noob :)

P.S - Indian army had no concept of "Snipers" till 2019-2020 that should tell you the level of ours and other Nato Armies
Lets avoid talking about the helmets and PPE.

Sigs were purchased mainly for pushing the engagement distance at LOC. But when we don't give them the necessary powered optics along with them they will not be of much help , as you can shoot only what you can see . These sigs really need optics . Army undertook trials for them but never procured them god knows why .

Take the marines as an example , they are using lpvo and acogs on their long guns , we really need that .

Let me tell you a sad truth , you will see very few of these red dot sights in the field as they have been scavenged from other guns just to show our partner forces . The Zeiss sights have been scavenged from our mp9/5s and are in no way suited for this job .

Also , the magwell grip method is very old and inefficient , for a powerful gun like sig716 it is a bad practice as the gun will jump a lot (using it indoors is under stable but outside it is a no no), a good way to avoid this by using foregrips it is used by us and improves the controllability a lot . The best is using c clamp method which is being used by the japs .
you can see the difference it makes :
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/j-TuS_IJoZQ

The thing is equipment and training vary a lot in the army , some have good training and gear while some don't . We need better training and gear across all the units else once the best troops are used up in a war we will be left with valiant men who are half trained and half equipped .

vampyrbladez

Country flag
Lets avoid talking about the helmets and PPE.

Sigs were purchased mainly for pushing the engagement distance at LOC. But when we don't give them the necessary powered optics along with them they will not be of much help , as you can shoot only what you can see . These sigs really need optics . Army undertook trials for them but never procured them god knows why .

Take the marines as an example , they are using lpvo and acogs on their long guns , we really need that .

Let me tell you a sad truth , you will see very few of these red dot sights in the field as they have been scavenged from other guns just to show our partner forces . The Zeiss sights have been scavenged from our mp9/5s and are in no way suited for this job .

Also , the magwell grip method is very old and inefficient , for a powerful gun like sig716 it is a bad practice as the gun will jump a lot (using it indoors is under stable but outside it is a no no), a good way to avoid this by using foregrips it is used by us and improves the controllability a lot . The best is using c clamp method which is being used by the japs .
you can see the difference it makes :
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/j-TuS_IJoZQ

The thing is equipment and training vary a lot in the army , some have good training and gear while some don't . We need better training and gear across all the units else once the best troops are used up in a war we will be left with valiant men who are half trained and half equipped .
Indian Army ordered 13K OLF x4 magnification sights for Sig 716i for a DMR role.

Not exactly LPVO but something is better than nothing.

https://idrw.org/india-optel-limite...opic-sights-from-indian-armys-sig-716-rifles/

Articles