Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

π•±π–”π–”π–‘π–˜ π–—π–šπ–˜π– 𝖆𝖓𝖉 π–†π–“π–Œπ–Šπ–‘π–˜ π–‹π–Šπ–†π–—
Country flag
Old footage of Afghans doing CQB
Not as aggressive very reserved
But miled ahead of whatever we've seen of Paras doing CQB
I'd like to see Paras doing shoulder transitions with their TAR-21s LoL, like the Afghans are doing in the video with their modded out AKs

Physx32

Country flag
"You" guys are better qualified to think and comment than a conventional soldier/officer/veteran about how SOF is supposed to behave or operate?
I think this quote is the biggest reason for the deplorable condition of our forces.

Almost all army veterans have this line of thinking, that they know "everything" and stupid "civilians" cannot question any of their decisions (that too in an online forum). Still the veterans cannot explain why the SF looks like a rag-tag militia.

They always forget that everything from their uniforms to complex weapon systems are designed and made by these civilians only. They don't know (or choose to forget) that in western countries the training courses for SF are designed by civilians.

This false sense of superiority is the reason for this mediocrity and rot.

If the army was not run by the taxpayers' money, I wouldn't have questioned any of the decisions.

Physx32

Country flag
We need teachers who can teach our brass about modern equipment and how to properly use them.
Those top instructors and course designers will probably be civilians. Since Indian soldiers/generals have the mindset that they are the "best" and civilians are "not qualified", I don't think there will be any meaningful knowledge transfer through these courses. The institution doesn't have the proper mindset for learning.

airborneCommando

Country flag
Those top instructors and course designers will probably be civilians. Since Indian soldiers/generals have the mindset that they are the "best" and civilians are "not qualified", I don't think there will be any meaningful knowledge transfer through these courses. The institution doesn't have the proper mindset for learning.
Nah shit we've had civilians like deepak rao and his wife train some SF and ghatak troops. If they had stayed in a bit more we'd have a Special Warfare Command and National Operations Division for sure.

Marliii

Better to die on your feet than live on your knees
Country flag

Kya yaaar! One good chance we had to always be equally compatible with the west in terms of exercises and equipment.

Nehi I mean good if we can continue without their help. What other opportunity to train with Tier 1 SMUs
Man this news is from Hindustan Times of all people they are literal a grade russian shills.If we had had our house in order we wouldn't have required any western preaching.literally seeing ukrianian rebels who invaded Russia having more necessary equipment than our top notch guys is fast becoming a humiliation fetish for me

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I think this quote is the biggest reason for the deplorable condition of our forces.

Almost all army veterans have this line of thinking, that they know "everything" and stupid "civilians" cannot question any of their decisions (that too in an online forum). Still the veterans cannot explain why the SF looks like a rag-tag militia.

They always forget that everything from their uniforms to complex weapon systems are designed and made by these civilians only. They don't know (or choose to forget) that in western countries the training courses for SF are designed by civilians.

If the army was not run by the taxpayers' money, I wouldn't have questioned any of the decisions.
This is very well said!!

This attitude is present in 90% of faujis.

But it has no backup.

The moment you cross question there is no come back from them apart from I served and you didnt or quoting a line or two from their British era training handbooks.

That is the reason our SF looks like Somalian militia and we loose 5 top operators to someone who was trained for 90 days not once but thrice in 13 years in a environment where the ratio is mind bogglingly in Indian Army’s favour.

That is also the reason why Israel fights small wars and invents big weapons and we fight big wars and have no weapons…and fuck weapons we dont even have a good tactics that would humble the Israelis.

We are self proclaimed best in training and valour and nothing else.

armyofhind

Country flag
Nah shit we've had civilians like deepak rao and his wife train some SF and ghatak troops. If they had stayed in a bit more we'd have a Special Warfare Command and National Operations Division for sure.
The most useless shit ever taught by those two.
One would die in hand-to-hand combat using what they teach against a trained opponent.

The travesty is that they were even felicitated by the units they taught.

kaboom

Country flag
lets talk about an joint op conducted by paras and infantry and the challenges they faced then and now are pretty much the same

To sum up the Jaffna university helidrop.....

The whole op was a major fuckup which was majorly due to the senior IA officers who did not considering the para sf officer observations .It was a joint op by Paras and Sikh Li but after the botched up helidrop and coming under heavy fire Paras decided to move and the Sikh li officer wanted to stay at the LZ hoping for additional men which never came .The SikhLI officer refused to cooperate with the paras and wanted to follow the og plan setup by the high commands , finally the paras and the Sikhs had to part their ways . Despite that they were able to fight back despite no support aside from a small mortar team of SA engineers and had minimum casualties till the cavalry arrived .Sikh Li didn't make it out alive out of the op..

To sum it up
1. Senior IA officers have always treated Paras badly and the situation today is due to the same attitude.
they do not listen to others ....................( why do you think they will ever listen to us civilians?)

2. Equipment (small arms) were always an issue , there is an instance when they had to abandon their Stens as they were proving to be ineffective and had to scavenge a G3 from a dead fighter.

3. Regular infantry and special forces rarely get along as they operate very differently , paras chose to accept the situation and adapt accordingly whereas the infantry always tries to follow the orders of officers to the word. this still happens today and thus sf tends to operate in their own groups ..... which backfires at times.

4. Para Sfs night fighting capabilities and other capabilities in general were not always bad , they were up to the global standards during the Jaffna University helidrop but they were not able to keep up...

disclaimer ------ Everything written is from my memory of a book I red many years ago so please understand . If there is anything wrongly mentioned please correct me .. :)

mcpo117

Country flag
What's wrong with that ?
everything. we don't wanna be told to fight america's wars like those nato countries. we win or lose but we fight our own wars. Israel and France are our "friends" but so is Russia. won't be wise to take a side here. when we fight those bat munchers we will fight on our own terms.

Kumaoni

Let’s not act like civilians don’t do the same here. In this very thread there are wild accusations with little to zero evidence to back it up. For example, the kill ratio of Indian SF to militants being β€œ1.1:1” when last year it was 7:1. The issue here is that Indians have this narcissistic mindset, whether it’s civilians or military, and always want to think they are right. This is Indian nature, unfortunately. They don’t want to concede a single point which they are mistaken. We all here are guilty of this, including myself on many occasion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles