Indian Special Forces

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

The ENTIRE national budget of Kyrgyzstan is 1/10th of the budget of just the IA, I'm pretty sure the Indian govt spends more on sanitary items than the Kyrgyzstans spend on their SF and yet this is the result.

Check out the battle load of the Kyrgyzstan solider- just by the placement of the spare ammo one can surmise they are more proficient in tactical shooting than any Indian SF 'operator'

This hasn't been about money for a long time, this year all 3 services will and back billions of USD in unspent CAPEX to the exchequer. The civilians mostly see defence as a fringe issue and the military leadership still thinks it is 1800s. The blind leading the blind and the results are for all to see.

Nothing changes without fundamental structural reforms, it might already be too late for that given the ingrained strategic culture inside India that has normalised humiliating defeats. The direction that the SF community is going in India is entirely the opposite that would be required for a capable SOF entity- all 3 have drastically expanded their ranks in the last 5-10 years, now they are trying to push women into the units. All these outfits will be good for in the near future is jogging down Rajpath during R-day parades every few years and will be another cringe spectacle like the bike stunts. Maybe in the next few years they'll have Indian 'commandos' flying down the parade route in their jetpacks.

A lost cause it really is, may as well just embrace the humiliation fetish
I'm not too knowledgeable about the specifics of SF training and gear, but I have been seeing a big trend in western militaries:

Western regular forces are steadily adopting their SF best practices when it comes to shooting stance, small team dynamics and personal gear. Look at the combat training and gear of regular marines and US army nowadays. They're no longer the bulky and slow troops like during the Iraq war. What the US does, US allies follow within a few years. So expect regular western militaries worldwide to follow suit.

If indeed our SF combat tactics and gear are as backward as you say, then expect that within a few years, western regular soldiers will en masse outclass our leading special forces guys in combat skill, forget our regular army.

Scramjet

Country flag
I remember senting a mail about this back in 2018
Must be it
I believe they actually saw their twitter replies and quote tweets from back then, people used to complain that "why we use old ass camo and not state of the art pixelated digital camo like the american army"

abingdonboy

Country flag
If indeed our SF combat tactics and gear are as backward as you say, then expect that within a few years, western regular soldiers will en masse outclass our leading special forces guys in combat skill, forget our regular army.
this has long since occurred. Look up the infantry of the US, Australia, Nordic nations, France and the U.K.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles