Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
Running on high port has left chat . I had a wrist cramp seeing this .

Also how the f are they running like they're pulling a cross country . AFAIK , shooting drills like these requires speed and precision, they look like they are running for Army Bharti Rally
Probably training for firing when your heart rate is up. Its harder to shoot when you are breathing really hard.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Seeing IDF (especially their elite units) in action really makes you wonder why Indian units operate so archaically and with poor skills even this long into a COIN fight.

also in the home of the Tavor, not one tavor in sight for SF. Who got paid off in india to bring these in and why do Indian units still think these are the things to have (other than the aesthetics)?

abingdonboy

Country flag

Not like they're leagues better equipped than Indian SF but ig we are really behind on our drills and operational methods. Pretty sure, nothing of this level exists in India. Maybe MARCOS but still not upto this level. And these guys aren't even the best of the elites. They specialize in fighting in the favelas.
Same point I made above- necessity is the mother of all invention. These guys train like they fight and have decently slick drills. Somehow the Indian security establishment at large has barely evolved in the last 20-30 years despite the fighting that has taken place.

The colonial officers come out of training and employ the same tactics they inherited, more often than not it is low energy, low skill and throw bodies at the problem then they retire to their golf courses and continental cuisine

for these internal security duties that might be acceptable but one really has to worry about the peer threat, against the PLA the IA hasn’t for the equipment and I dare say doesn’t have the leadership/tactics.

as mentioned earlier, Indians and their humiliation fetish, it never seems to be satisfied

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag

Seeing IDF (especially their elite units) in action really makes you wonder why Indian units operate so archaically and with poor skills even this long into a COIN fight.

also in the home of the Tavor, not one tavor in sight for SF. Who got paid off in india to bring these in and why do Indian units still think these are the things to have (other than the aesthetics)?
Tavor is Choice of Para SF soldiers or deal just for India - Israel relations

abingdonboy

Country flag
Tavor is Choice of Para SF soldiers or deal just for India - Israel relations
A few million USD for some rifles? I doubt that moves the needle even slightly, the BARAK-8 has brought in billions for Israel by comparison.

for the cost of 1 Heron MALE UAV you could give every member of the SFs a new rifle every year

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
View attachment 197146

If these circular thingies communication headsets, can anyone id them??
The L3 Harris radios are fairly a new addition
So are those individual soldier computers
Also yeah those wheels are a camera bot .
Also what's in the far right ?
Some sort of precision guided munition ? Or some sorta HEAT round ?

JConline

Country flag

God knows tf happened with the Tavors. Even operaters within the SF prefer the M4s. I don't understand how even the operators who have risen to the higher ranks haven't made the necessary changes.
High cut helmets but generations old NVGs. Jetpacks but FLC vests. The more you delve into this, the more you understand that procurements in the SF are merely for show with no one gives a f*** about the operational significance of anything. These guys apparently train with green berets and Israeli SF regularly and they think having a few highcuts here and there and some tactical green combat uniforms bring them upto the level of their foreign counterparts?
At this point I'm more optimistic about Garuds than the lot of jokers that are Para SF.

JConline

Country flag

An absolute wealth of knowledge on how Tier 1 operators operate and everything that goes into the operations.

Also, I was going through some combat and training footage of different Spec Ops units ranging from Green Berets, SEALS, NSDWG, Delta, and the Israelis and comparing them to whatever is available about our SF forces. A few things are pretty obvious:
1) The close cooperation of MARCOS with SEALs shows in the way MARCOS operators take on room clearing.
2) RR seems to have taken on the Israeli way of using heavy ordinance to literally level target buildings when collateral damage is not an issue.
3) Para SF tends to extensively use grenades while breaching much like Green Berets although ig they stopped learning from the Green Berets after that cause the SFG have evolved to using a lot of Tier 1 tactics and moved into using flashbangs which Para SF don't. A few things definitely have changed because in some recent photos of Para SF they have been seen using the two-way entry into target areas and "slicing" which is good.
4) At this point in the Indian SF scene, Garuds have the least developed tactics.

And after saying all that, it still is starkly obvious that Para SF has little understanding of how little pieces of equipment can be force multipliers.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

1 para sf
Kha se shuru karu bc....

Under cover ops k liye operators ko freedom di he grooming me aur bc unki photo click karke Twitter pe dal di.

Koi uniformity peace location me bhi nhi he

Tactical shemagh ko part of uniform dikha dia he

Information Technology k age me General sahab ko Join Your Army type display de rhe he.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles