Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
TBH
This podcast was ........not good
It was interesting although almost none of it provided insight into PARA SF. It was more of a ramble session for the Major who clearly is a much deeper thinker than most, especially the kind of guests this channel would normally have

I wonder if they’ll want to get other Indians on after this, I certainly doubt that they got the episode they were expecting or are accustomed to

that said,aside from the soldier stuff the Major is a cool guy, he clearly has his demons but he’s doing good stuff and should absolutely be commended. What he says about using the skills of veterans post-service is absolutely valid and hopefully there’s plenty more that come out and have the kind of vision he does.

Angel of War

Country flag
View attachment 196497

Itna copium nehi dekha maine kabhi. Even if this is true, it shows you the advantage of capturing the high ground, for all those punks in country who say Siachen should be vacated. Why so?
Also it seems they are just declaring it for themselves just as we do in terms of equipment.
Pakis don't even have siachen, they're at the foothills of saltoro Ridge which is quite some distance away from the the glacier, their soldiers can't even see siachen from their positions and going up would mean getting obliterated by tactfully placed Indian machine gun nests. Paki sepoys can only see the glacier through google earth lol

Kumaoni

View attachment 196497

Itna copium nehi dekha maine kabhi. Even if this is true, it shows you the advantage of capturing the high ground, for all those punks in country who say Siachen should be vacated. Why so?
Also it seems they are just declaring it for themselves just as we do in terms of equipment.
They don’t even have any significant positions on the ridge. They were sitting ducks for Indian artillery. Hell they threw their SSG numerous times in 80s and early 90s which resulted in near decimation of their attack forces, to not even Indian SF, but to Indian light infantry. They also got forced out of one of their positions in 1984 by an Indian regular infantry battalion.

Kumaoni

View attachment 196497

Also, instead of vacating Siachen there needs to a better logistical support chain to help Indian troops on the posts there.

Angel of War

Country flag
They don’t even have any significant positions on the ridge. They were sitting ducks for Indian artillery. Hell they threw their SSG numerous times in 80s and early 90s which resulted in near decimation of their attack forces, to not even Indian SF, but to Indian light infantry. They also got forced out of one of their positions in 1984 by an Indian regular infantry battalion.
I believe it was in 87, not 84

Kumaoni

I believe it was in 87, not 84
The instance of the regular battalion evicting the ASS ASS G happened twice, in 84 and 87. In 84 there is accounts of 19 Kumaon shelling the ridge positions, which evicted any Pakistani positions near the vicinity. in 87 it was 8 JAK LI who evicted the ASS ASS G, and would go on to decimate the ASS ASS G in a subsequent battle.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Yeah for me , it felt too but their customer care is overactive . I just happened to login in the site and scouted through for some tactical plate carriers or Vest companies in order to match some photos . 2hrs later their customer care called me and asked if I wanted to purchase a tactical vest . :facepalm:

Although it's true that I was able to source out some companies from the photos with the available details from the site but still fishy
I once, when I a little younger around 15 years
I was fascinated by army boots, same thing happened with my father since I gave his number kek.
I got an earful later on though

rkhanna

Country flag
Yup, that’s what make this so special and my fav battles to study.
Siachen?

Well we hold the higher ground with our own country to our backs. Unless someone comes with Airpower no SOF / Mil Unit is going to dislodge you at that height without CAS. Hardly deserves a pat on the back no?

the story of how those heights were occupied are a differet story.

Or am i missing something entirely.

armyofhind

Country flag
What is soft armour system with buoyancy and oral inflation system?
Soft armour is soft armour. No plates, just fabric/flexible shell.
Ballistics wise, it won't stop much more than a pistol round/knife

With buoyancy means Armor shoukd also function as a life preserver and help the wearer float in water.

Oral inflation refers to the ability for the buoyancy pockets in the armour to be inflatable by the one wearing it, basically by blowing into it.. similar to what's there on lifejackets.

Kumaoni

Siachen?

Well we hold the higher ground with our own country to our backs. Unless someone comes with Airpower no SOF / Mil Unit is going to dislodge you at that height without CAS. Hardly deserves a pat on the back no?

the story of how those heights were occupied are a differet story.

Or am i missing something entirely.
Ah yes, this is why I stopped praising the Indian army entirely cuz every time I do get backhanded remarks like this.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Gives half info and leaves . What a chad.
The left operator is wearing Olive planet Sq Cut PC meanwhile right one is wearing Bengal Tiger Bag Shop PC .

Left operator is using a tavor Flattop . The Mepro MOR Quick attachment clips and yellow sticker can be seen . Left one is the older Tavor with MARS RDS .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles