Indian Special Forces

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
A good combat pant with integrated knee pad is very complicated , people in this forum doesnt actually understand how crye combat pants work ,its way more than just pouches to hold knee pad in,
From what I have gathered
Crye g4 or equivalent>no knee pads>chapri skateboarding knee pads>other integrated knee pads

If anyone thinks that few cm cloth and velcro is all thats needed for good int knee pad combat pants then they should do some research on how complicated the top of the line combat pants are,
,and just stitching or velcroing knee pad will be worse in most cases then using external knee pads.
Would thy enlighten us with thee knowledge of knee pads .
1678351006678.png

1678351031063.png
using this as a sample , please help me define the odds of this and sort out the complications .

kaboom

Country flag
This you posted is not in numbers and i would like to see an actual pic in combat.

I think you and me are Indian enough to know what is for show and what is a no go.

Camouflage science i meant was to have the knowledge of what camouflage would work the best where.Do you know it took our forces months to realise what the Paki snipers were doing to evade IR signatures?

Paki sniping was 10 years ago feared on LOC..it has been brought down due to better surveillance.
1678351672625.png

the last time it was seen during combat was during Pathankot with nsg
FORCE ONE also have quite a few of them

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I know sir...the actual situation in Para SF is..

When a new recruit comes...Havaldar opens Armoury door and says..choose your weapon.

You cannot modify..you cannot alter ...and if you have problems then what the F are you talking about..maybe you dont fit.

That is why not even a small accessory has been inducted and taken in numbers which is developed jointly by Indian Army.
Why not raising awareness and demand. Inspite of doing "Andolans" and strike marches on street regarding politics and religion , why not concentrate on materialistic acquisition ?

Why does the regular soldier not form groups and rebel back against superiors for acquisition of soldier inputs modifications ?

Just because they're too docile and talking back against higher brass would tag them with a red flag stamp ?
We really are cowards to elder figures aren't we . "Jo ho raha hain ho ne do" attitude of Maj.Jacob

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Why not raising awareness and demand. Inspite of doing "Andolans" and strike marches on street regarding politics and religion , why not concentrate on materialistic acquisition ?

Why does the regular soldier not form groups and rebel back against superiors for acquisition of soldier inputs modifications ?

Just because they're too docile and talking back against higher brass would tag them with a red flag stamp ?
We really are cowards to elder figures aren't we . "Jo ho raha hain ho ne do" attitude of Maj.Jacob
Its good in a way that jawans take orders blindly, its not their job to argue with superiors. It is their superiors job to look for their inputs, and its the superiors fault that they have neglected to do this.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Its good in a way that jawans take orders blindly, its not their job to argue with superiors. It is their superiors job to look for their inputs, and its the superiors fault that they have neglected to do this.
When the superiors lack gray matter , sometimes you need to cut through the thick fat of arrogance and pride surrounding them like a concealed vest even though you're a spec .
Bragging about "Hamare Zamane mein" and winning wars with courage , bolt action and beret wouldn't give them realistic advantage in fields .
Instead of learning from Russo-Ukraine war they'll simple overlook the matter and shove it up their thick files and never even acknowledge to touch it .
Russia was all show-off of power and modernization and technology before the war .In the beginning I sided with them expecting something optimistic now we have Soldiers with tin helmets , ww2 Kar98ks , broken ak-12s with digital EMR uniform. Everything left half assed. They dint even taking notes to warfare

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Thats a Mutiny. Punishable by Hanging.
I'd rather side with logical Mutiny than Dumb Impositions . if I were a soldier , I'll be cool with hanging as long as they're ready to sacrifice a few hundred thousand cadets accompanied with their so called Honor and Respect to public fame who'd be mutineers

rkhanna

Country flag
She's not even a combat medic. So no frontline combat for her.
That is correct - no front line combat for her. Hopefully as the Regt Medical Officer she can help divise better psychological and physiological care of our airborne soldiers.

That being said. Till the 90s and early 2000s the SF battalions had a glorious tradition where EVERYONE in the unit ran selection - cooks etc. It built a bond of brotherhood in the unit - combat and non combat personel included.

This picture reminded me of that tradition. This tradition (from what i am now told) has died out.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I'd rather side with logical Mutiny than Dumb Impositions . if I were a soldier , I'll be cool with hanging as long as they're ready to sacrifice a few hundred thousand cadets accompanied with their so called Honor and Respect to public fame who'd be mutineers
You do realize that a mutiny is the most shameful and disgraceful thing a soldier can do? In a functioning army like ours, the farthest that any "mutiny" has gone is few scattered cases of fratricide, which were unconnected and impulsive.

It sounds good to shout out the most radical solutions to problems, but its better to step back and use your brain for a minute. You know whats the most likely way SF will be upgraded? Not by some fantasy mutiny or anything, but by a forward thinking officer becoming COAS or CDS.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

Military is not a free thinking society.If you interest with retired faujis you will realise how rigid they are.

Secondly,these things are seen as revolt.

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
You do realize that a mutiny is the most shameful and disgraceful thing a soldier can do? In a functioning army like ours, the farthest that any "mutiny" has gone is few scattered cases of fratricide, which were unconnected and impulsive.

It sounds good to shout out the most radical solutions to problems, but its better to step back and use your brain for a minute. You know whats the most likely way SF will be upgraded? Not by some fantasy mutiny or anything, but by a forward thinking officer becoming COAS or CDS.
I'm sorry dude I kinda lost my temper back there . It's not that one is against the army but wants better facilities for war fighting. It's not mutiny that I meant

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Military is not a free thinking society.If you interest with retired faujis you will realise how rigid they are.

Secondly,these things are seen as revolt.
I understand. I've dealt with my fair share of retired officers from Army and AF . We had around 2-3 officers train our institute. And they brought in some already serving/passed cadets and soldiers .

The younger ones are somewhat open to free thinking

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Would thy enlighten us with thee knowledge of knee pads .
View attachment 196138
View attachment 196139using this as a sample , please help me define the odds of this and sort out the complications .
Well it basically bools down to:-
1. Different soldiers wear pants at different heights .
2.Different soldiers have different width of legs
3.Different soldiers have different length of legs, some have huge legs and some have not so huge legs
4.Some prefer to have relatively tight fitting around knee pads, some prefer loose fitting
5.Some prefer to mount knee pads at higher side of knee while some prefer lower or middle.

Solution:-
1. Custom pants for all operators (not possible)
2. Have integrated knee pad height adjusters along side width adjuster for knees.
Now for height adjuster you will have to have extra cloth for length tucked inward which will make operator uncomfortable , so you either use thin soft stretchable material or have second inner layer between which the the tabs will lie,
Crye usually tuck height adjusting tabs in pockets with extra cloth around it
Width adjuster near knee is not that difficult to produce ,whats difficult is to make sure that strap do not make operator fee uncomfortable.
You have to also make sure that your knee pad support structure is big enough for it not fall out and thin enough for operators comfort, thats just about knee pad.
Lets not talk about materials and straps for pockets and placement of pockets and other shit.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles