Indian Special Forces

JConline

Country flag
You called it Uber costly, which it isn't.
It kind of is and isn't. The price per piece comes out to be about 45k USD but that includes the NVG, high cut Level 3A helmet, external battery pack and related accessories. So ig it is a good deal.
Honestly, I would have expected the whole package to cost around 35k with the goggles themselves being around 25-30k a piece. So it's 10k too costly in my opinion.
Also, why is NSG buying ranger green helmets? 🤔

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
View attachment 195902View attachment 195903
Ex- KHANJAR 2023
PARA Sf looks like Afghan SF
Ahh they finally collected enough Exfils for everyone in a damn exercise. Thought we would go with bonnie hats like usual , idolizing Capt. Price

Jokes aside they look good , the plate carriers are convenient yet unknown to me , but they don't have holsters and they have got new shoes (Possibly Liberty Freedom series)

Also notice how clean they look without the knee pads . Good thing .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
It kind of is and isn't. The price per piece comes out to be about 45k USD but that includes the NVG, high cut Level 3A helmet, external battery pack and related accessories. So ig it is a good deal.
Honestly, I would have expected the whole package to cost around 35k with the goggles themselves being around 25-30k a piece. So it's 10k too costly in my opinion.
Also, why is NSG buying ranger green helmets? 🤔
Maybe they'll cover it . Who knows

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
Also Armasen has pointed out the release of ST series and Nylon Midride Holsters in April in website . Keep up with its price . Possible chances of cutting the costs .

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
I've got a Query . Can the soldier who has purchased suppose a plate carrier or battle belt with his own expenses keep it post retirement or does he need it hand it over to the armourer/armory .
Also can't soldiers upgrade their uniforms with the help of unit tailors to fit knee pad pouches ? It's just a few extra CMs of cloth , velcro and stitching

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Also can't soldiers upgrade their uniforms with the help of unit tailors to fit knee pad pouches ? It's just a few extra CMs of cloth , velcro and stitching
A good combat pant with integrated knee pad is very complicated , people in this forum doesnt actually understand how crye combat pants work ,its way more than just pouches to hold knee pad in,
From what I have gathered
Crye g4 or equivalent>no knee pads>chapri skateboarding knee pads>other integrated knee pads

If anyone thinks that few cm cloth and velcro is all thats needed for good int knee pad combat pants then they should do some research on how complicated the top of the line combat pants are,
,and just stitching or velcroing knee pad will be worse in most cases then using external knee pads.

rkhanna

Country flag
but here's a list of capabilities/infrastructure that para SF currently has irrespective of the bn :

Advanced Breaching, advanced field medication and target designation (yes, lighting targets up) trg is a part of the curricullum at the SFTS. These are classified as primary skills on the basis of which troops, and further teams are alloted to them.

Also recently, a wind tunnel was alloted to PTS for freefall training

1) advanced breaching? All we do is stick explosives on the door. Even the breaching kit and explosives we use have not kept up with the times. The world Today has everything from bolt cutters to laser cutters to thermal saws. Lastly Breaching is not about going boom.

2) target designation is not JTAC. LTD is a rudimatary skill. Also, Army comms can talk seemlessly with AF comms ?

3) what advanced field medicine are you talkijg about. Have you seen the medikits we carry into battle ?

4) wind tunnel? That's not advanced. You get those in malls in the west for kids. Let's get proper modern parachutes first.

PS - do you know that our SOF armourers are not even allowed to modify the small arms for troops. Not even something as small as reworking the trigger pressure because it 'violate warrantee' - this is the basis of our SOF train

Sourajit Dutta

Country flag
1) advanced breaching? All we do is stick explosives on the door. Even the breaching kit and explosives we use have not kept up with the times. The world Today has everything from bolt cutters to laser cutters to thermal saws. Lastly Breaching is not about going boom.
Hydraulic breaching tools
4) wind tunnel? That's not advanced. You get those in malls in the west for kids. Let's get proper modern parachutes first
RA-1 Intruder seems to be std for SFs

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag

2) target designation is not JTAC. LTD is a rudimatary skill. Also, Army comms can talk seemlessly with AF comms ?

3) what advanced field medicine are you talkijg about. Have you seen the medikits we carry into battle ?

4) wind tunnel? That's not advanced. You get those in malls in the west for kids. Let's get proper modern parachutes first.

PS - do you know that our SOF armourers are not even allowed to modify the small arms for troops. Not even something as small as reworking the trigger pressure because it 'violate warrantee' - this is the basis of our SOF train
To add to that..

In Sniping...We have no idea about computers and camouflage science.Para SF snipers are no where even close to what we are saw in Iraq Afghanistan 10 years ago.

Despite being an Airborne Brigade Agra has no dedicated Air support platforms.Cheetah and Chetaks were never inducted in numbers to dedicate it entirely for airborne roles to induct and deinduct operators in urban environment..However better options existed.

Same goes for water role...Any dedicated modified boat this great nation of engineers has made to induct and de induct troops?..Nada(despite being 30 years in Wular)

No cross communication platforms exists.The assets deployed have no resources to call for help.

Lastly,Almost 40 years in solid combat and no weapon or technology innovated as yet?
Reason?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Can you please explain the camouflage science? I'm slightly confused on that part.
This you posted is not in numbers and i would like to see an actual pic in combat.

I think you and me are Indian enough to know what is for show and what is a no go.

Camouflage science i meant was to have the knowledge of what camouflage would work the best where.Do you know it took our forces months to realise what the Paki snipers were doing to evade IR signatures?

Paki sniping was 10 years ago feared on LOC..it has been brought down due to better surveillance.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Boss - not a single piece of Kit is ever bought via input of the actual shooters on the line.
I know sir...the actual situation in Para SF is..

When a new recruit comes...Havaldar opens Armoury door and says..choose your weapon.

You cannot modify..you cannot alter ...and if you have problems then what the F are you talking about..maybe you dont fit.

That is why not even a small accessory has been inducted and taken in numbers which is developed jointly by Indian Army.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles