Indian Special Forces

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
Dont think it's that cheap. The L3 Harris ones cost around 40k dollars, at a min these would cost 15-20k dollars per piece.
just seen that money, guess they just want to equip a squad of nsg with quad nods, seems like the cheapest one is on that 15k merican moola as u have said

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Yeah, I am aware that's the normal price for quadnods... I didn't mean costly wrt other Quadnods, I meant costly compared to Monocular and Bi-ocular in service. A monocular which NSG buys costs around 3-3.5 lakh per piece....
Well manufacturing a quad is more complex than a mono or a bino.

rkhanna

Country flag
Since the picture is of the innaugral ceremony, there is no point in setting up comms, plate carriers and optics.
Hopefully if the pics of this jt ex. keep coming out, we'll surely see them in combat fatigues (most prob that olive drab spec-ops one) and hopefully more eqpt.

Speaking of training, setting up those wilcox dovetail mounts + no 'EXFIL helmet' stickers clearly shows the seriousness of this particular unit which isn't seen elsewhere even in many SF bns here.
Was not talking about the picture. I was replying to the comment.

Speaking of training we need to upgrade everything from basic shooting of fire arms. We don't even have a proper sniper school in the country. Let alone advanced breaching / combat medic / JTAC etc etc etc. The list is very long.

Having a helmet with bells and whistles is putting lipstick on a pig

Scramjet

Country flag
Was not talking about the picture. I was replying to the comment.

Speaking of training we need to upgrade everything from basic shooting of fire arms. We don't even have a proper sniper school in the country. Let alone advanced breaching / combat medic / JTAC etc etc etc. The list is very long.

Having a helmet with bells and whistles is putting lipstick on a pig
I agree with the fact that there's a hell lot of things that we need to upgrade and add but here's a list of capabilities/infrastructure that para SF currently has irrespective of the bn :

Advanced Breaching, advanced field medication and target designation (yes, lighting targets up) trg is a part of the curricullum at the SFTS. These are classified as primary skills on the basis of which troops, and further teams are alloted to them.

Also recently, a wind tunnel was alloted to PTS for freefall training

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles