Indian Special Forces

Blademaster

So cringe. Also I notice that a lot of the Garuds seen during this aero india have not had magazines loaded. Did something happen where their leadership decided that they couldn’t trust their best ground combatants with ready weapons in proximity to the public?
Accidental firing, unintentional (or maybe not) grabbing by the public, and kids around, etc.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Accidental firing, unintentional (or maybe not) grabbing by the public, and kids around, etc.
Then I wonder why there were so many “Armed” CISF, Air Force Police and DSC personnel amongst the crowds at Yelahanka AFS and the same plus BSF personnel at the parking lots managing crowds?
On another note, there were several Garuds across the airbase, taking pictures with the public, eating ice cream, snacks, etc. with all badges, name plates, medals, etc. on full display, interacting and talking with the public when approached.
There were even PARA personnel around the place, with the same things on display but were much more reserved and not posing around for pictures and avoided too many interactions with the public.

Last edited:

Blademaster

Then I wonder why there were so many “Armed” CISF, Air Force Police and DSC personnel amongst the crowds at Yelahanka AFS.
On another note, there were several Garuds across the airbase, taking pictures with the public, eating ice cream, snacks, etc. with all badges, name plates, medals, etc. on full display, interacting and talking with the public when approached.
There were even PARA personnel around the place, with the same things on display but were much more reserved and not posing around for pictures and avoided too many interactions with the public.
Who knows? :confused1:🤷‍♂️ but if they cited one of the reasons above I wouldn't be too surprised. The last thing the organizers want is a GARUD, PARA, or military or paramilitary personnel get into an accident that would mar the entire show and ruin the efforts paid with millions of manhour and millions of dollars.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
QAT is an outlier. Probably the only unit in India which is inching towards SOF status without even being SOF. Love these guys to death.
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they first ones to obtain GPNVGs and acoustic gunshot detectors?
I thought garuds were the ones who got quads first but probably first with those detectors to my knowledge

abingdonboy

Country flag
What about CISF in airports and metros? Garuds aren’t there to be models, they are there as force protection/CAT for IAF assets

just an observation at the end of the day but it doesn’t make them look particularly disciplined or professional

abingdonboy

Country flag
They would look much better if they roll up their shirt sleeves and ditch their elbow and knee pads, Something about long sleeves and gloves dosnt match at all.
Hopefully armsaen or whoever can create some combat trousers with integrated knee pads with this pattern at some point

I wonder if the helmet covers not being in the right pattern to match are because the IA made a point of owning the IP of this new pattern so it’ll be harder to source from any non-IA suppliers? Hopefully private players can get on the approved supplier list

Global Defence

New threads

Articles