Indian Special Forces

Waanar

Country flag
We do have snatch and grab now. Remember Colonel Habib.
A world of difference in snatching Habib from Nepal and snatching Dawood from Dubai.

I don't mean to undermine the snatch but Nepal is a super-permissive environment for us Indians and vice versa.
What I mean is-

Now, agreed, there will be a difference between abducting a two bit smuggler and a (somewhat) trained guy but you get my point. The team that abducted Habib would've been either ad-hoc or specific to Nepal and they more than likely, wouldn't be able to get that retard from UAE without getting compromised or worse.

We probably have an apparatus for HVT abductions/hostage rescue for our neighbors like Pakistan/Nepal/Myanmar but I doubt we boast an international capability.

Last edited:

Waanar

Country flag
lack of knowledge, I think someone already said this way back in the thread, out junior rank guys are nowhere near as knowledgeable as the american dudes in terms of weaponary or muscle building
Muscularity is useless in military anyways.
Endurance rules.

If we had a thousand different mobility platforms, maybe it would make some sense but the mountains demand a lean, enduring marathoner more than anything else.

Mangal

Country flag
A world of difference in snatching Habib from Nepal and snatching Dawood from Dubai.

I don't mean to undermine the snatch but Nepal is a super-permissive environment for us Indians and vice versa.
What I mean is-

Now, agreed, there will be a difference between abducting a two bit smuggler and a (somewhat) trained guy but you get my point. The team that abducted Habib would've been either ad-hoc or specific to Nepal and they more than likely, wouldn't be able to get that retard from UAE without getting compromised or worse.

We probably have an apparatus for HVT abductions/hostage rescue for our neighbors like Pakistan/Nepal/Myanmar but I doubt we boast an international capability.
If India was serious about Dawood we would have got him by now. There is no dearth of corrupt people and agencies/non state actors that would sell this MF for a good amount especially in a starving country like pak. The talibans in Afghanistan can be of use in exchange of diplomatic and monetary help.
The thing is the interests of important people that are intermingled with Dawood for all these years.
Do people actually want him back alive?
He would be having a lot of secrets of Indian citizens who have assisted him all these years.
I would only say this in end that it would be shameful if he dies natural death.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles