Indian Special Forces

skunk works

Country flag
Yeah, I figured. But did this choice make sense?
I mean I understand that the mission was pretty much a suicide mission. So the thugs were a lot more expendable. But it speaks volumes about the lack of a formidable snatch-and-grab capability in the armed forces. But then again, RAW did not have any support from Mumbai Police. So makes sense ig.
We do have snatch and grab now. Remember Colonel Habib.

DumbPilot

Country flag
Why are our guys so "frail" looking? They lack muscle mass relative to the Americans by a lot. I saw a pic of MARCOS and those guys looked as buff and mean as the SEAL team they were doing exercise with a while back
Pic for comparison

1676050543470.png

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Why are our guys so "frail" looking? They lack muscle mass relative to the Americans by a lot. I saw a pic of MARCOS and those guys looked as buff and mean as the SEAL team they were doing exercise with a while back
Old SEAL's and MACV-SOG were lean as well because endurance was given more priority,technology advanced and use of infil/exfil platforms increased leading to doctrine shift ,giving more priority to strength then endurance.

Para SF didnt integrate tech with time and still carry out most ops like old days.
NSG did integrate decently but sadly didnt change to strength based training.
Marcos have started doing both thankfully.

Sayman Ame

Country flag
I mean, do they have to be 'buff' looking? We (Indians) don't have the same diet as the Westerners, and obviously beef adds a lot to that bulk. But if our guys can stay agile with their build, that's good enough no? You don't really put your bulk into use anywhere in spec-ops?!? (buuuuuut....does the far left kneeling operator have a tummy or is it just his shirt ?!?!)

Meal Team 6

Country flag
I mean, do they have to be 'buff' looking? We (Indians) don't have the same diet as the Westerners, and obviously beef adds a lot to that bulk. But if our guys can stay agile with their build, that's good enough no? You don't really put your bulk into use anywhere in spec-ops?!? (buuuuuut....does the far left kneeling operator have a tummy or is it just his shirt ?!?!)
If man machine integration is something that is achieved in a unit then operators should definetly focus on "bulking" , You are wrong if you think that strength is not useful in spec-ops, breachers often have to pull metal doors after breaching, you might have to carry your fallen buddy, you might have to carry massive load for recce, you might have to carry boats , it also helps absorb recoil and breaching overpressure beter and dont forget if satan has an eye on you and you get in hand to hand.
Also lean operators who do similar tasks that are listed above tend to face more muscle conditions , weakness and joint problems as they exhaust most of their muscle mass.
There should be balance between strength and endurance.

STORE

Anabolic PED's play an important role in western forces. It's still a taboo in Indian forces ,so u don't get to see big guys. But u go to any local gym ,u will find plenty of them available since it's pretty cheap in India comapred to U.S.
Screenshot_20230206_143131.jpg

abingdonboy

Country flag
This is the condition of normal troops!!!

Equipment,training,clothing everything is up for watch...

I wish I hadn’t clicked that link

what’s changed on the bottom for the last 20/30/40/60/70 years really? The guys at the top have expansive state provided accommodation and recreation facilities but these guys are still going into the fight with poorly stitched webbing and a rifle.

Reality has a way of hitting you across the face

>$20bn/year (IA’s budget) and this is what you get, then some have the audacity to oppose agnipath, if something drastic isn’t done to get the IA’s OPEX under control even a doubling of their budget isn’t going to do much. The writing was on the wall when PLA decided to cut back their manpower by 30% ~5 years ago but IA generals were happy to ride their luck until the GoI intervened and Made the decision for them.

It’s going to take decades to unf**k this mess, let’s hope the chiefs e play nice until then

abingdonboy

Country flag
Anabolic PED's play an important role in western forces. It's still a taboo in Indian forces ,so u don't get to see big guys. But u go to any local gym ,u will find plenty of them available since it's pretty cheap in India comapred to U.S.
View attachment 193111
Through GWOT the US military’s grunt underwent a dramatic transformation as they responded to being in a prolonged conflict. Whilst the top tier started to be treated like pro athletes (their units would employ dieticians, sports physios etc etc) they also expanded the use of such formerly taboo substances and it became almost compulsory even to pass selection

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG has stagnated.
This could be from 20 years ago. I saw this picture a long long time ago and I think it’s from the early/mid 2000s

it’s really disappointing to see the NSG not continue their upward trajectory and in some ways even slip backwards but mediocrity seems to be the Indian (govt) way, the 5 year modernisation plan (2010-15) was completed, the leadership is probably still patting themselves on the back for that now.

26/11 got them to modernise, they’ll need another wake up call it seems to go through the next program of updates

Chalta hai ftw

D15F8378-757C-48DE-8118-1684F764DF0B.jpeg

Kumaoni

Lol why is this even a question? The anwser is obvious

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG are the only guys that you could argue should be bulking up constantly but then they are all coming from army units but then between their training and deputation they won’t have much time to be doing that

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Good u mentioned..Exactly.. Kargil 1999 to Feb 2023...what has changed for the basic infantry jawan.

See the latest tweet ....We need better people there is no doubt about it.
well.

Camo has changed and a rifle has changed
Now they have a low powered rifle instead of SLR.
It's just appaling and horrendus.
Sala helmet to badlo kuch to badlo!!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles