Indian Special Forces

Scramjet

Country flag
But then why does his shoulder tab says special operations instead of special frontier force ?
Para gurkha ?
No, its 3 vikas....and ffs para gurkha/archers are just another vikas bn. This particular bn is 3 vikas.
As far as it used to be till the mid 2000s.

SG has also Intel / logistics / comms attached - not army cadre - but again deputations can happen for elint /signt type / surviellence type roles (not entirely sure on this)

Above as far as i have been told but this was back in the day.
holds till date.

Meal Team 6

Country flag
No, its 3 vikas....and ffs para gurkha/archers are just another vikas bn. This particular bn is 3 vikas.

holds till date.
You said he is from sff, I said his tab says"spec-ops" so is he para gurkha?
Because para gurkhas are considered as SOC of sff.how did you derive anything else from that ?

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
SG is not a static unit. There is roster maintained, with names added and deleted over the period of time, depending on the profile.

The dirty ops are carried by the XXX Assault Team, which is away from the public glare. They have the best and latest of equipment (read someone doubting it) ... they had corner shots as early as 2000. They get the equipment that they lay their hand on kind of a situation.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
SG is not a static unit. There is roster maintained, with names added and deleted over the period of time, depending on the profile.

The dirty ops are carried by the XXX Assault Team, which is away from the public glare. They have the best and latest of equipment (read someone doubting it) ... they had corner shots as early as 2000. They get the equipment that they lay their hand on kind of a situation.
That XXX assualt team is non military.

Hellfire

Professional
Country flag
I know what it is.

I had a unusual meet with someone which i cant mention.

He told me its members are non military and much more i had no idea about.

Not very sure he gave you the correct information ..... beware of those who "know" and openly share information. Please take it with a bucket of salt.

Yet to come across someone who will give you the correct information on SG's non CI/CT role. (latter being the more prominent and public roles as information became widespread in a technologically enabled and connected environment.)

I had tweeted ..... the best ops are not general knowledge even in army.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Not very sure he gave you the correct information ..... beware of those who "know" and openly share information. Please take it with a bucket of salt.

Yet to come across someone who will give you the correct information on SG's non CI/CT role. (latter being the more prominent and public roles as information became widespread in a technologically enabled and connected environment.)

I had tweeted ..... the best ops are not general knowledge even in army.
No we are talking about different things here..
I am talking about picking up people from neighbouring countries needed by the RAW.

Non Army guys go those.

And that is the no 1 team.. cross loc raids what vikas has done is not the no 1 team.

JConline

Country flag
No we are talking about different things here..
I am talking about picking up people from neighbouring countries needed by the RAW.

Non Army guys go those.

And that is the no 1 team.. cross loc raids what vikas has done is not the no 1 team.
So to clarify, non army guys are the ones picked up by RAW from neighboring countries and the no 1 team is separate, comprising of the best troops in SG?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
So to clarify, non army guys are the ones picked up by RAW from neighboring countries and the no 1 team is separate, comprising of the best troops in SG?
from nhi for neighbouring country ops .

Army ones have accountability so they are not used.

Cross border raids..and destroying things is not number 1 priority for RAW.

I also considered this bullshit until i met someone and then all the news made sense from last 10 years.

(small example lets say picking up isi agents.. killing them..kidnapping ex pak army officers)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles