Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
What the heck is this? Every two bit general gets a PARA SF detail now (fashioned in their shiny boots, ribbon filled chests etc) and that too in the interior of the country?

What a lost cause the army is, the majority of the officer class are no better than the impotent neta/babu cliques

View attachment 192774
You know we had a theory that SPG gets all this shiny equipment because they are protecting VVIPs, here para sf keeps protecting high ranking Army brass but still doesnt get shit. 😂😂😂
The poor dude in these photos didnt even get the new uniform. 😂

AlphaRaiderZ

Country flag
You know we had a theory that SPG gets all this shiny equipment because they are protecting VVIPs, here para sf keeps protecting high ranking Army brass but still doesnt get shit. 😂😂😂
The poor dude in these photos didnt even get the new uniform. 😂
Brother let's look at the brighter side for once 😌 he's unique in the group , doesn't have his epillautes and (the best part) is issued with the new waist holster

JConline

Country flag
W
Both guys on the left have sff badge and the left one also have a sg badge with special operations shoulder tab,
This is the first time I am seeing someone officialy use 'special operation' instead of special forces, What I am more interested about is the collar tab on sg guy.
What do you mean? I don't see a collar tab on the SG guy

Meal Team 6

Country flag
Plus those guys take opsec very very very seriously.
A free fund advice.

Never talk about SG and AFSOD online. People are watching, add SFF to in the list
I can see how seriously the opsec is taken.
FoXo-ryaYAM9OZC.jpeg

SG and SFF badge in clear sight, not blurred faces and name tags, spec -ops and sff shoulder tabs, distinct sg collar badge.
If they dont want us talking about them then they should not post their pics on official pages,
I think this all is just bunch of copium ,If sg indeed is equipped properly then why many men come back to unit instead of being absorbed, gear is not part of opsec unless you have something that no one in the world does, acc to you sg takes opsec more seriously then jsoc,
I dont think SG is an intel unit, R&AW being an intel org do not need sf operators for intel gathering ,their role is either PSD for R&AW assets and agents,FID or just spec-ops element for r&aw just like the shoulder tab says.

FoXo-ryaYAM9OZC.jpeg

rkhanna

Country flag
Many are absorbed as per my understanding, SG is voluntary force and not many people like to go through probation all over again, there is definetly permanent element within.
As far as it used to be till the mid 2000s

1) The only permanent cadre are the instructors.
2) SG is not army orbat so to be permanent SG cadre you have to resign from your service
- SG comes under the Cabinet Secretariat
3) not voluntary - soldiers/budies are approached via Unit CO
4) deputations can range from a few months (specific task) or a few years)

SG has also Intel / logistics / comms attached - not army cadre - but again deputations can happen for elint /signt type / surviellence type roles (not entirely sure on this)

Above as far as i have been told but this was back in the day.

Scramjet

Country flag
I can see how seriously the opsec is taken.
View attachment 192854
SG and SFF badge in clear sight, not blurred faces and name tags, spec -ops and sff shoulder tabs, distinct sg collar badge.
If they dont want us talking about them then they should not post their pics on official pages,
I think this all is just bunch of copium ,If sg indeed is equipped properly then why many men come back to unit instead of being absorbed, gear is not part of opsec unless you have something that no one in the world does, acc to you sg takes opsec more seriously then jsoc,
I dont think SG is an intel unit, R&AW being an intel org do not need sf operators for intel gathering ,their role is either PSD for R&AW assets and agents,FID or just spec-ops element for r&aw just like the shoulder tab says.

View attachment 192853
Active duty SFF not SG (that badge depicts he has served a rotation in SG plus that epaulette and beret flash clearly shows SFF insignia).

Meal Team 6

Country flag
As far as it used to be till the mid 2000s

1) The only permanent cadre are the instructors.
2) SG is not army orbat so to be permanent SG cadre you have to resign from your service
- SG comes under the Cabinet Secretariat
3) not voluntary - soldiers/budies are approached via Unit CO
4) deputations can range from a few months (specific task) or a few years)

SG has also Intel / logistics / comms attached - not army cadre - but again deputations can happen for elint /signt type / surviellence type roles (not entirely sure on this)

I remember watching an interview of a sg operator where he said that he volunteered after which he was called in for probation,I also heard somewhere that major amit deswal volunteered , and several months later he got his call leter for probation,Major Udai also was volunter
Screenshot_20230208_200942.jpg

Meal Team 6

Country flag

You are right, I remeber seeing an Indian army officer turned ATS cheif (I think it was UP ATS)
,During his army days he was sigint officer turned sg personel.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Both guys on the left have sff badge and the left one also have a sg badge with special operations shoulder tab,
This is the first time I am seeing someone officialy use 'special operation' instead of special forces, What I am more interested about is the collar tab on sg guy.
Unit citation or something for 3 vikas.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles