Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
He's not a two bit general, he's the commander of ARTRAC, which is a very very important appointment.
So every GOC needs a close protection detail now?

the explosion of netas demanding ‘black cat commando’ cover in the 90s has reached the army

Angel of War

Country flag
So every GOC needs a close protection detail now?

the explosion of netas demanding ‘black cat commando’ cover in the 90s has reached the army
It's not a regular GoC, GoC ARTRAC is an appointment on par with Army Commanders . Only army commanders can get a para SF detail, corps commanders and div commanders can't get one unless they are in a sensitive area.
Please don't try to link any controversies with it. It's merely a misconception on your part.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It's not a regular GoC, GoC ARTRAC is an appointment on par with Army Commanders . Only army commanders can get a para SF detail, corps commanders and div commanders can't get one unless they are in a sensitive area.
Again, it’s just semantics. Using PARA SF in this role is lunacy but then it fits with the general brand of the IA and PARA SF so I guess I’m just repeating a point that’s already been established. IA have no clue what SF are and PARA SF are not SF.

Angel of War

Country flag
Again, it’s just semantics. Using PARA SF in this role is lunacy but then it fits with the general brand of the IA and PARA SF so I guess I’m just repeating a point that’s already been established. IA have no clue what SF are and PARA SF are not SF.
Well ideally NSG should be providing security to Army Commanders since they're specifically trained for that role but does the army really have a say in how the NSG is used ? So army really dosent have any option other than deputing Para commandos for these duties.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Well ideally NSG should be providing security to Army Commanders since they're specifically trained for that role but does the army really have a say in how the NSG is used ? So army really dosent have any option other than deputing Para commandos for these duties.
Ya thats right.

There is no other option.

Ghataks cannot do this.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Neither NSG nor PARA SF should be doing this role

train up MPs like every modern army for close protection duties

abingdonboy

Country flag
True, Navy Police and Air Force Police if I’m not mistaken already handle the Close Protection of their respective service chiefs.
This is true also

then we will hear that the threats faced by IA generals is higher, then train their personnel better. Using PARA SF for this role is immature and unprofessional for all sides

British army military police close protection teams:

it’s a very niche role. No reason the IA couldn’t send their MPs to NSG or SPG or even CISF/CRPF for a few weeks to get the basics down, lazy approach is to get people as trained as PARA SF and put them in this role

Angel of War

Country flag
@abingdonboy while you're correct, the simple fact is that training MPs for this role is not in army's check list. I'm not even sure if anyone has ever given it a thought. it's the lack of awareness rather than laziness.

abingdonboy

Country flag
@abingdonboy while you're correct, the simple fact is that training MPs for this role is not in army's check list. I'm not even sure if anyone has ever given it a thought. it's the lack of awareness rather than laziness.
Lack of awareness from these individuals is laziness. They are meant to be professional security experts.

it shouldn’t be unimaginable to them that this is possible especially, as pointed out, the other branches have. It’s the same case as the batman system,IA’s leadership lives in another age

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Indian MPs are not trained for such things.

I doubt how many of them can even fire a pistol with proper grip.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
How does every other country manage it? One isn’t born a ninja. Skills are taught. It’s not even a lot to expect, most state police forces have dedicated close protection teams who they’ve sent to SPG/NSG/CISF to be trained up
My interview question ka answer...

Skill is taught...aptitude is earned.

Got selected.

abingdonboy

Country flag
My interview question ka answer...

Skill is taught...aptitude is earned.

Got selected.
Infantry and SF aren’t the only people capable of shooting, like I said every other country/service manages it.

Selection follows doctrine, if they had to find suitable candidates they would. Pretty crazy to imply only SF can be used for this role in the entire IA

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Infantry and SF aren’t the only people capable of shooting, like I said every other country/service manages it.

Selection follows doctrine, if they had to find suitable candidates they would. Pretty crazy to imply only SF can be used for this role in the entire IA
Then they have to do RR deployment.

Spadex

Country flag
Something really interesting for those who were questioning it's status.

Ps : I'm not talking about SFF

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles