Indian Special Forces

JConline

Country flag
None of the Direct Action Assault kit will ever come out in the wild like that until or unless someone starts taking photographs of them with telephoto lens from and around sarsawa haha.
The guys you see in pics from the valley are newly inducted personnel who have to serve in CI/CT throughout valley and NE as a part of overall selection.
People on this thread will send death threats to me if I give them an insight on SG's DA guys' kit.
Plus those guys take opsec very very very seriously.
Can we talk in pm?

JConline

Country flag
A free fund advice.

Never talk about SG and AFSOD online. People are watching, add SFF to in the list
That gives me some hope to be honest. That amidst all the sub standard shit we get to see with Para SF, there is still some legitimate SOF capabilities remaining shrouded in OPSEC.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Billions left unspent in their coffers, just a fraction of this would be enough to setup the infrastructure and outfit the entire Indian SF strength to contemporary levels

as stated numerous times before-money isn’t an issue. The sh*tshow one sees on the ground is because of decisions made in AC rooms in HQs in Delhi

I wish there was a way of having lessons be taught without the poor suckers on the ground having to suffer but alas this is a tale as old as time. Young men dying because old impotent men can’t see passed themselves

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
None of the Direct Action Assault kit will ever come out in the wild like that until or unless someone starts taking photographs of them with telephoto lens from and around sarsawa haha.
The guys you see in pics from the valley are newly inducted personnel who have to serve in CI/CT throughout valley and NE as a part of overall selection.
People on this thread will send death threats to me if I give them an insight on SG's DA guys' kit.
Is there some source of your info or have you seen this?

Coz if you have seen then it becomes substantial evidence otherwise i have seen some secrets units operators and have no reason to belive they would be equipped any differently.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Is there some source of your info or have you seen this?

Coz if you have seen then it becomes substantial evidence otherwise i have seen some secrets units operators and have no reason to belive they would be equipped any differently.
And in the fauj just like vz 58 is called ak 58

similarly sff is called para battalion or vikas para battalion

vikas battalion are all similarly equipped like para and sg might be an exception but if there was such a difference it would show somewhere in para battalions too as people are on deputy

lastly the kill team is non military of raw.

rkhanna

Country flag
So I asked ChatGPT to differentiate between Indian and Western SF:

While the Indian special forces have a strong reputation and are considered to be highly capable, there are several reasons why they are considered to be behind their Western counterparts:

1. Funding and resources: Western countries, particularly the United States, invest significantly more in their military and special operations forces than India does. This investment provides Western special forces with access to more advanced equipment, technology, and training resources, which can give them a significant advantage in the field.
  2. Equipment: Western special forces have access to state-of-the-art equipment, including weapons, communications systems, and vehicles, while the Indian special forces are often limited by budget constraints and outdated equipment.
  3. Inter-service cooperation: Western countries have a strong tradition of inter-service cooperation, with special forces units working closely with other branches of the military, such as the air force, to plan and execute missions. India, on the other hand, has a history of inter-service rivalries and limited cooperation, which can impact the effectiveness of its special forces.
  4. Intelligence and analysis: Western special forces have access to advanced intelligence and analytical capabilities, which allows them to gather and analyze large amounts of data to inform their missions. India's intelligence and analytical capabilities are often limited, which can impact the success of its special forces missions.
  5. Tactical training: Western special forces receive extensive tactical training, with a focus on advanced techniques and tactics for unconventional warfare and direct action missions. Indian special forces receive tactical training, but it is often limited compared to their Western counterparts.
These factors contribute to the perception that Indian special forces are behind their Western counterparts, but it is important to note that they are still highly capable and effective in their own right, and have a strong reputation for bravery and effectiveness.
It misses the most important thing. WE HAVE NO SOF DOCTRINE OR MANDATE

rkhanna

Country flag
there is some Fair Value to what you have said. SG operated with SCARs and FN2000s and Tavors back in the early 2000s - nobody knew till a decade+ Later. BUT - SG is not a SOF element - it is not a permanent force or have permanent cadre. That means that kit gets rotated to whoever comes in.

SG is also not immune to the BS of the rest of SF. the only difference is SG is not Feudal as it does not have its own Orbat to compete with the Egos of others. It is a task specific (intel) unit.

SG is definetly part of our SOF capability though - but given the fact that we have no other SOF units operating SG is going to get more and more of SOF tasking and will move (or is moving) away from its primary tasking - Intel Lead Clandestine (Deniable) Operations.

Waanar

Country flag
I've heard a lot of rumor which would suggest SG has gear on par with proper SOFs. Some pictures too. Again, I assume it's one of those trial pieces that were never standardized but SG is an opaque organization.
Could most definitely be an outlier in that realm.

Inderjeet Singh

Country flag
I've heard a lot of rumor which would suggest SG has gear on par with proper SOFs. Some pictures too. Again, I assume it's one of those trial pieces that were never standardized but SG is an opaque organization.
Could most definitely be an outlier in that realm.
I saw pics of SG they geared like Para SF only difference is Viper helmet and tar with acog they uses same Para SF PC ( tailor made just to carry a plate ) nothing like proper SOF . Pics available in open Source 💯 True . India's most geared Organization is SPG Jo Dikhta hai wahi Sach hai

LucasMudhad

A free fund advice.

Never talk about SG and AFSOD online. People are watching, add SFF to in the list
SG is just a deputation based unit.
Commanded by an SF officer.

Any person from SF who has served in units like SG, NSG. Will still give preference to his own SF battalion.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles