Indian Special Forces

ManhattanProject

Country flag
11 Para SF raising day vlog
wow, dont know what to say really. I like how sf guys were strolling bare feet across water with their shoes in their hands like i do on my trip to a beach, very relatable. Love how they jump without any kind of kit, didnt even see a gun. "Train how you fight" wtf is that?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
wow, dont know what to say really. I like how sf guys were strolling bare feet across water with their shoes in their hands like i do on my trip to a beach, very relatable. Love how they jump without any kind of kit, didnt even see a gun. "Train how you fight" wtf is that?
Like someone suggested.. lets close our eyes and behave like north korea..

(With the same lunatic commentry preferred. )

abingdonboy

Country flag
Static line jump too that requires almost no training or skill (other than knowing how to land). This is pre-WW2 capabilities and what airborne infantry use

like I said, even when the bar is through the floor for these guys they find a way to disappoint. Para ‘SF’ is the biggest myth in the Indian military today

Jedi Operator

Country flag
So I asked ChatGPT to differentiate between Indian and Western SF:

While the Indian special forces have a strong reputation and are considered to be highly capable, there are several reasons why they are considered to be behind their Western counterparts:

1. Funding and resources: Western countries, particularly the United States, invest significantly more in their military and special operations forces than India does. This investment provides Western special forces with access to more advanced equipment, technology, and training resources, which can give them a significant advantage in the field.
  2. Equipment: Western special forces have access to state-of-the-art equipment, including weapons, communications systems, and vehicles, while the Indian special forces are often limited by budget constraints and outdated equipment.
  3. Inter-service cooperation: Western countries have a strong tradition of inter-service cooperation, with special forces units working closely with other branches of the military, such as the air force, to plan and execute missions. India, on the other hand, has a history of inter-service rivalries and limited cooperation, which can impact the effectiveness of its special forces.
  4. Intelligence and analysis: Western special forces have access to advanced intelligence and analytical capabilities, which allows them to gather and analyze large amounts of data to inform their missions. India's intelligence and analytical capabilities are often limited, which can impact the success of its special forces missions.
  5. Tactical training: Western special forces receive extensive tactical training, with a focus on advanced techniques and tactics for unconventional warfare and direct action missions. Indian special forces receive tactical training, but it is often limited compared to their Western counterparts.
These factors contribute to the perception that Indian special forces are behind their Western counterparts, but it is important to note that they are still highly capable and effective in their own right, and have a strong reputation for bravery and effectiveness.

LucasMudhad

Respect to everyone here. I may sound like a jackass.

This thread was once consider pinnacle of quality discussion but today every second person is a depressed guy, releasing their stress here
Let them release their frustrations on these online forums.
Coz nobody gives a shite bout them and their opinions in real life.
0 face value.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Let them release their frustrations on these online forums.
Coz nobody gives a shite bout them and their opinions in real life.
0 face value.
bro no one is frustrated...if your compared really jai ho versus realistic gang here in terms of success..i for a fact know few of my mates who are well off including me.

I have a pretty damn good car, sports bike and lots of hoes to take our my frustrations in life...even when there are no frustrations.

We have lost brothers in combat unlike some rattebaz here or blind patriots new to internet...We care for the soldiers.

Yea if thats what you call frustration..cool..i am frustrated and want better equipment.

i have been a part of defence forums since 2007...And nothing has changed.

If you all are cool with this then jai ho.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
So I asked ChatGPT to differentiate between Indian and Western SF:

While the Indian special forces have a strong reputation and are considered to be highly capable, there are several reasons why they are considered to be behind their Western counterparts:

1. Funding and resources: Western countries, particularly the United States, invest significantly more in their military and special operations forces than India does. This investment provides Western special forces with access to more advanced equipment, technology, and training resources, which can give them a significant advantage in the field.
  2. Equipment: Western special forces have access to state-of-the-art equipment, including weapons, communications systems, and vehicles, while the Indian special forces are often limited by budget constraints and outdated equipment.
  3. Inter-service cooperation: Western countries have a strong tradition of inter-service cooperation, with special forces units working closely with other branches of the military, such as the air force, to plan and execute missions. India, on the other hand, has a history of inter-service rivalries and limited cooperation, which can impact the effectiveness of its special forces.
  4. Intelligence and analysis: Western special forces have access to advanced intelligence and analytical capabilities, which allows them to gather and analyze large amounts of data to inform their missions. India's intelligence and analytical capabilities are often limited, which can impact the success of its special forces missions.
  5. Tactical training: Western special forces receive extensive tactical training, with a focus on advanced techniques and tactics for unconventional warfare and direct action missions. Indian special forces receive tactical training, but it is often limited compared to their Western counterparts.
These factors contribute to the perception that Indian special forces are behind their Western counterparts, but it is important to note that they are still highly capable and effective in their own right, and have a strong reputation for bravery and effectiveness.
if Chatgpt becomes our defence minister , we will be annexing Alaska

Scramjet

Country flag
Maybe a little more detail? Cause from what is out there in the open web, they look shabbier than present day 9 Para or 10 Para.
None of the Direct Action Assault kit will ever come out in the wild like that until or unless someone starts taking photographs of them with telephoto lens from and around sarsawa haha.
The guys you see in pics from the valley are newly inducted personnel who have to serve in CI/CT throughout valley and NE as a part of overall selection.
People on this thread will send death threats to me if I give them an insight on SG's DA guys' kit.
Plus those guys take opsec very very very seriously.

ManhattanProject

Country flag
None of the Direct Action Assault kit will ever come out in the wild like that until or unless someone starts taking photographs of them with telephoto lens from and around sarsawa haha.
The guys you see in pics from the valley are newly inducted personnel who have to serve in CI/CT throughout valley and NE as a part of overall selection.
People on this thread will send death threats to me if I give them an insight on SG's DA guys' kit.
Plus those guys take opsec very very very seriously.
Please give that insight..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles