Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
I just don't buy an F-16 being shot down.

There is literally ZERO evidence for it. The only thing which makes it somewhat believable is Pakistan's own lying past, and their dishonesty. However, looking objectively, I fail to see how this happened. For starters, a MiG21 is a generation behind an F-16, and while the MiGs have some upgrades, I still argue it makes them a 3.5 gen aircraft instead of a 3 they were intened to be.

How is it possible that Pakistan is able to hide such a loss for this long? There has to be SOME explanation. The aftermath of Balakot was a clear defeat for India, Balakot itself, however, was a clear victory.

The fact that that an Indian Aircraft could penetrate deep into Pakistan and bomb a terrorist camp is mind blowing of its own. Now, as per Pakistan, we released zero videos. HOWEVER, we are not entitled to release any videos to them. If we did show a video of just the bombing, they would say we faked the video (they literally claim we fake the video of our boys blowing up their bunkers lol). And showing the whole video is pointless and basically exposes the OP. plan to the world, which is pointless. So Pakistan would claim any sort of evidence is fake, like they claimed their own soldiers bodies was fake in Kargil. Hell, I have seen them online literally deny the bodies of their soliders in the Kargil war as Indian Actors.

We know Pakistan closed the area for weeks, the satelite images are dubious at best, and some even show bomb marks on the camp.
On one hand you say evidence isn’t needed and then say there’s no evidence of F16 loss so it didn’t happen.

what evidence exactly do you expect for the loss of the F16? If Pakistan hadn’t shown the wreckage of the Bison there wouldn’t be any evidence for that either. What’s Pakistan’s incentive to reveal the truth of that day?

there’s never been a satisfactory answer to the doosra banda episode and claiming fog of war doesn’t fit considering the dispersed timeframe and multiple independent references to multiple downed pilots.

let’s not forget the Pakis claimed a SU-30 loss (and even made a monument to it complete with model airframe parts)

You’re entitled to your opinion anyway, I don’t see any reason for the IAF to double/triple down on this publicly well after the fact and there isn’t a precedent for that. Every failure/loss IAF owns

10/15/20 years down the line the truth will come out

the bigger story of that day is how convincingly india lost the information war

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
On one hand you say evidence isn’t needed and then say there’s no evidence of F16 loss so it didn’t happen.

what evidence exactly do you expect for the loss of the F16? If Pakistan hadn’t shown the wreckage of the Bison there wouldn’t be any evidence for that either. What’s Pakistan’s incentive to reveal the truth of that day?

there’s never been a satisfactory answer to the doosra banda episode and claiming fog of war doesn’t fit considering the dispersed timeframe and multiple independent references to multiple downed pilots.

let’s not forget the Pakis claimed a SU-30 loss (and even made a monument to it complete with model airframe parts)

You’re entitled to your opinion anyway, I don’t see any reason for the IAF to double/triple down on this publicly well after the fact and there isn’t a precedent for that. Every failure/loss IAF owns

There is no reason for any party involved to come up with the truth 20 years later... Coffins are burried and awards have been given.

Those who know .. know.

Jai ho gang can never be convinced even though.. two members claiming it from different sources who have never interacted on this forum before are claiming similar things.

Last edited:

Aspirant847

Country flag
Will you be bothered if I say Metal /rock with bass and solo guitar plays like "Uri" movie would suit as a better option to this MV . The editors need a better observation rather than go through MMV videos in YouTube .

Sorry mods for sliding away from the real topic
it was meant to be humorous brother, like
🎵 you must be out of your mind🎵 you're letting women in special forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
There is no reason for any party involved to come up with the truth 20 years later... Coffins are burried and awards have been given.

Those who know .. know.

Jai ho gang can never be convinced even though.. two members claiming it from different sources who have never interacted on this forum before are claiming similar things.
A lot of state secrets come out once the parties directly involved have departed

as of now there’s no incentive for the truth to come out from the Pak side.

that said I wouldn’t rule out a flippant revelation from Imran Khan in the next 12 months as he tries to be a political factor again ahead of their elections, the anti state/military sentiment in Pakistan is certainly a lot bigger today than in 2019

abingdonboy

Country flag
Viral Maroon Fever
How embarrassing for all involved

have some pride and professionalism lads, the reason the maroon beret was initially revered was because it was hard to obtain/was reserved for an elite few. This dilution makes all associated with it look foolish but I guess they are oblivious. Increasingly shortcuts are glorified over achievements

when everyone is special, no one is.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
A lot of state secrets come out once the parties directly involved have departed

as of now there’s no incentive for the truth to come out from the Pak side.

that said I wouldn’t rule out a flippant revelation from Imran Khan in the next 12 months as he tries to be a political factor again ahead of their elections, the anti state/military sentiment in Pakistan is certainly a lot bigger today than in 2019
Whats there from Indian side also?

We sacrificed national objectives for 1 top ranking officials arrogant son... and then gave him a medal.

abingdonboy

Country flag
We sacrificed national objectives for 1 top ranking officials arrogant son... and then gave him a medal.
By that time the initiative was already lost. Pakis launched scores of AMRAAMs into Indian territory and amassed a 20 package strike force that came right up to the LoC. The only response to that was Abhi’s actions at the time had he followed his wingman’s actions and turned cold that entire debacle would’ve netted nothing but a downed INDIAN helicopter

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
By that time the initiative was already lost. Pakis launched scores of AMRAAMs into Indian territory and amassed a 20 package strike force that came right up to the LoC. The only response to that was Abhi’s actions at the time had he followed his wingman’s actions and turned cold that entire debacle would’ve netted nothing but a downed INDIAN helicopter
As my European ex gf used to say..

Could have.. would have.. should have

Kumaoni

Agreed

skunk works

Country flag
How embarrassing for all involved

have some pride and professionalism lads, the reason the maroon beret was initially revered was because it was hard to obtain/was reserved for an elite few. This dilution makes all associated with it look foolish but I guess they are oblivious. Increasingly shortcuts are glorified over achievements

when everyone is special, no one is.
It's just kids, I would not blame them. Whatever works to get discipline into them, I don't care what cloth they wear. The army also 'adopted' the beret from somewhere right?

The army should be more accountable for this- why are soldiers allowed phones on duty, and why are there so many SF pics floating around with only a free image filter to guard privacy?

Have we learned nothing from Ukraine??
If the US military is making basic mistakes like wearing fitbits on duty and using commercial flashcard apps for strategic weapons training, I absolutely SHUDDER to think what the situation is in India, how easy it is for a technologically advanced adversary like China.

I think 80% of our OPSEC is only because the Frontline soldier cannot afford fancy electronics.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles