Indian Special Forces

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Can’t even give them the basics but wants jet packs, nothing embodies the attitude of Indian officers more than this. Always looking for easy shortcuts
How much do these costs?

And i dont understand this lacking basic equipments in one and going for top sci fi stuff in another!

Aur karo paise waste.

abingdonboy

Country flag
How much do these costs?

And i dont understand this lacking basic equipments in one and going for top sci fi stuff in another!

Aur karo paise waste.
Like I said- it’s just lazy behaviour as usual from the Indian officer class. It’s much easier to watch YouTube videos/read brochures and draft RFIs than to create doctrine, improve training etc. the latter requires expertise, the former anyone can do

amateurs playing at being professionals

Kumaoni

Like I said- it’s just lazy behaviour as usual from the Indian officer class. It’s much easier to watch YouTube videos/read brochures and draft RFIs than to create doctrine, improve training etc. the latter requires expertise, the former anyone can do

Not even a military at this point. They hardly qualify as a circus force.

skunk works

Country flag
Not even a military at this point. They hardly qualify as a circus force.
The lack of lesson- learning is a big problem and a larger discussion needs to be had. We are finally starting to see this trend and it is concerning that the trend has not changed.
I remember reading a contemporary US evaluation of the performance of the Indian and Pakistani military in the 1965 war, and one point made clear was that both forces were still using world war 2 tactics. Advantages that were repeatedly apparent were not seized by commanders due to conservative thinking.

While I am sure we are not at WW2 levels anymore, it is worth thinking what level is the military thinking at today. I am not optimistic because 27 Feb did not give me any confidence in how the system performed under pressure.
Why am I talking about the IAF in a largely army thread? because it gives us a look into the larger institutional thinking.
I remember an exercise with the RAF in the early 2000s where the RAF said later on that the IAF suffered from a high rate of friendly fire kills. Of course, India raised a diplomatic stink and shut the discussion down. Was it fake news? Remember, there is no smoke without fire. Did we learn the lessons from this exercise to almost 2 decades later on 27 February 2019?
How much have we adopted modern thinking, or are we still dreaming of fighting 20th century war with 21st century equipment?

Kumaoni

The lack of lesson- learning is a big problem and a larger discussion needs to be had. We are finally starting to see this trend and it is concerning that the trend has not changed.
I remember reading a contemporary US evaluation of the performance of the Indian and Pakistani military in the 1965 war, and one point made clear was that both forces were still using world war 2 tactics. Advantages that were repeatedly apparent were not seized by commanders due to conservative thinking.

While I am sure we are not at WW2 levels anymore, it is worth thinking what level is the military thinking at today. I am not optimistic because 27 Feb did not give me any confidence in how the system performed under pressure.
Why am I talking about the IAF in a largely army thread? because it gives us a look into the larger institutional thinking.
I remember an exercise with the RAF in the early 2000s where the RAF said later on that the IAF suffered from a high rate of friendly fire kills. Of course, India raised a diplomatic stink and shut the discussion down. Was it fake news? Remember, there is no smoke without fire. Did we learn the lessons from this exercise to almost 2 decades later on 27 February 2019?
How much have we adopted modern thinking, or are we still dreaming of fighting 20th century war with 21st century equipment?
Yea India lost everything even 27 feb was a humiliation

senapati3

Country flag

Can we atleast call our BSF special force , indeed they are special.

20230127_144926.jpg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles