Indian Special Forces

abingdonboy

Country flag
NSG participating in R day parade this year?
NSG deploys SRG for force protection during most major events in Delhi, SAG will also be around somewhere in case of HR requirements.

SRG generally looks a hot mess and they didn’t disappoint here

+ anyone know why Indian units do that thing of hanging a spare battery for their radios on their chests? It’s almost universal in JK now

EternalNxg

Country flag
NSG deploys SRG for force protection during most major events in Delhi, SAG will also be around somewhere in case of HR requirements.

SRG generally looks a hot mess and they didn’t disappoint here

+ anyone know why Indian units do that thing of hanging a spare battery for their radios on their chests? It’s almost universal in JK now
Isn't like SRG disbanded now lmao? Only like bits and pieces of this VIP protection shit is still active.

rkhanna

Country flag
I’d be surprised if the GoI lets foreign military personnel roam around freely in J&K/Ladakh and go talk to Tibetans but then I don’t think he’s a liar. Just a funny story all around
No it happens alot - they get Minders from the Indian Side. if a larger Foriegn Group is going for R&R then they will be accompanied by a senior Officer from their side as well.

IMO he didnt talk to a Tibetian. For a Westerner all Monks are Tibetian. And lol he talks alot of Rubbish by the by with regards to 'Samurai and Bushido'

rkhanna

Country flag
From 22:00 watch how the Indian Army general compares and shows his bias towards Ghataks while comparing them with SF.

@abingdonboy @rkhanna

HaHa think about sf and non sf para battalion and biases.
Saw a couple of minutes - but IMO he is not too far off. I have said this for long that the Ghataks should be doing the Tasks that SF currently are given in a CASO.

Flipside is that while the Ghataks (keep in mind not all Regs/btns Ghataks are equal) have been trained up SF has been in doldrums so nobody thinks they are that special anymore.

saying this for the nth time.

WE DONT KNOW WHAT SOF MEANS IN OUR COUNTRY. NOT OUR GENERALS NOT OUR CIVILIAN LEADERSHIP NOT A MAJORITY OF SF PERSONEL.

Keeping in mind that we have/Like/Love 'Commando' Formations (read Direct Action) - it makes sense to convert the entire Para Regt into one Homogenous Commando Unit.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Saw a couple of minutes - but IMO he is not too far off. I have said this for long that the Ghataks should be doing the Tasks that SF currently are given in a CASO.

Flipside is that while the Ghataks (keep in mind not all Regs/btns Ghataks are equal) have been trained up SF has been in doldrums so nobody thinks they are that special anymore.

saying this for the nth time.

WE DONT KNOW WHAT SOF MEANS IN OUR COUNTRY. NOT OUR GENERALS NOT OUR CIVILIAN LEADERSHIP NOT A MAJORITY OF SF PERSONEL.

Keeping in mind that we have/Like/Love 'Commando' Formations (read Direct Action) - it makes sense to convert the entire Para Regt into one Homogenous Commando Unit.
If this is what Generals think and which i had fair idea about earlier also..what is the future of our Special Ops capabilities?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles